PDA

View Full Version : AL Protests: White cop shoots black man armed with an ax...over a year ago.

Eurodriver
12-24-14, 23:11
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/19/us/selma-alabama-protest/index.html?c=us&page=1

What. The. ****. Is going on with this country?

HKGuns
12-24-14, 23:34
No, Black cop shoots black man........

Aries144
12-24-14, 23:56
ghjkl

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-25-14, 00:30
"This is no Ferguson"- said by both the the Berkeley, MO and Selma officials. By black officials in both cases. That is racist.

So, even with video of the shoot in Berkeley and lapel cams in Selma- there are still people protesting.

He didn't have the hatchet raised...
He pulled the gun but didn't shoot the cop...
Why didn't they taz, mace, wait to be shot....

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here...

Savior 6
12-25-14, 05:54
...So, even with video of the shoot in Berkeley and lapel cams in Selma- there are still people protesting.

He didn't have the hatchet raised...
He pulled the gun but didn't shoot the cop...
Why didn't they taz, mace, wait to be shot....

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here...

This is how I believe bodycams will be misused against officers. It should be required that these bright, "hopeful" ideas be prefaced with, "Are you ready to pay more taxes?"

It might cut down on the support for such things.

HKGuns
12-25-14, 07:36
Nothing will change this behavior until their license to riot is removed from the White House and the Justice Department. If I were a cop there is no way you could force me to wear a body cam.

seb5
12-25-14, 09:19
This is how I believe bodycams will be misused against officers. It should be required that these bright, "hopeful" ideas be prefaced with, "Are you ready to pay more taxes?"

The people protesting don't pay taxes for the most part, or work, or contribute.............

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-25-14, 10:08
The people protesting don't pay taxes for the most part, or work, or contribute.............

Someone commented about the protesters and where is the 'counter-protests' on the highways. I said they are there everyday, it's called 'rush-hour traffic'. Million-man/mom/malcontent that jack-asses.

What I don't get is that they use these HORRIBLE cases to try to highlight the problems with racism and police brutality. There are so many real cases and issues that need addressing and they use the poster children of Martin, Brown, Garner and Shaw. I'm not a cop apologist and I am not anti-cop, but here in Denver we have a serious problem with the DPD and the Sheriffs department and use of force. Focusing on these false cases takes the spotlight off of real issues.

The cameras on cops is a canard. Even with them, the agitators won't accept the outcomes We have all these street cameras here in Denver and in a case a few years ago, where the camera went off axis so it didn't capture the cops cracking skulls. That's not confidence inspiring. Cops trying to shut down people trying to recording their interactions is very disturbing. I'm not saying that there is anywhere near an equivalency here, but the focus on these horrible cases obscures the real issues that would make for better policing and focus people about the real issues holding back minorities and their communities.

TriviaMonster
12-25-14, 10:13

Too bad the people being recorded most are not putting money into the system. Don't worry, I'm sure Sharpton will pay for them right after he pays his back taxes.

jerrysimons
12-25-14, 14:20
Someone commented about the protesters and where is the 'counter-protests' on the highways. I said they are there everyday, it's called 'rush-hour traffic'. Million-man/mom/malcontent that jack-asses.

What I don't get is that they use these HORRIBLE cases to try to highlight the problems with racism and police brutality. There are so many real cases and issues that need addressing and they use the poster children of Martin, Brown, Garner and Shaw. I'm not a cop apologist and I am not anti-cop, but here in Denver we have a serious problem with the DPD and the Sheriffs department and use of force. Focusing on these false cases takes the spotlight off of real issues.

The cameras on cops is a canard. Even with them, the agitators won't accept the outcomes We have all these street cameras here in Denver and in a case a few years ago, where the camera went off axis so it didn't capture the cops cracking skulls. That's not confidence inspiring. Cops trying to shut down people trying to recording their interactions is very disturbing. I'm not saying that there is anywhere near an equivalency here, but the focus on these horrible cases obscures the real issues that would make for better policing and focus people about the real issues holding back minorities and their communities.

Agreed on detracting from real issues. Unfortunately these bad case examples are choosen because IT WORKS. It achieves the desired effect on the street. Protestors are really saying: Cops don't have a right to defend themselves. In fact cops shouldn't even be there at all, just let the hatchet wielding crazy man run free because he is black. Police policing is being protested instead of heralding personal, familial, and community responsibility. Imagine if theses protesting idiots got what they are asking for? Oh wait, we have already watched Furguson burn on live television.

Moose-Knuckle
12-25-14, 15:09
Research Argentina from 2001 to now and the Kirchners. South American-style populism is what's happening.

I know Nestor Kirchner died, then his wife Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner became El Presidente. Restructuring Argentina's foreign debt, got any links to specific stories that you are alluding to?

TAZ
12-27-14, 19:47
Agreed on detracting from real issues. Unfortunately these bad case examples are choosen because IT WORKS. It achieves the desired effect on the street. Protestors are really saying: Cops don't have a right to defend themselves. In fact cops shouldn't even be there at all, just let the hatchet wielding crazy man run free because he is black. Police policing is being protested instead of heralding personal, familial, and community responsibility. Imagine if theses protesting idiots got what they are asking for? Oh wait, we have already watched Furguson burn on live television.

It works for both sides of the coin. The FSA types get their riots and flex their mental midgetry and the government types can claim they were on the side of the downtrodden masses without having to do anything. If they were to actually choose quality cases the even the tinyest of mental midget would expect a change; and change is NOT a what anyone really wants. The FSA wants their free shit and the government wants to keep taking your shit.