PDA

View Full Version : 300 BLK subsonic wet?

sc63sallad
12-26-14, 20:59
Has anyone tried this? I was thinking of trying subsonic 300 BLK through a saker 7.62 wet. I can't think of a reason not to but I haven't heard a lot about people actually trying it. I did see silencerco/swr had a vid up shooting 300 subs through a wet can, but I don't remember if it was a rifle or pistol can.

Jambi
12-27-14, 03:08
As per Silencerco:

"The suppressors must be free of obstructions such as mud, dirt, ablative medium, etc. Do NOT attempt to shoot through an obstructed suppressor. The Saker was designed to be used "dry" and free of any ablative media, such as grease and water. Water-borne operators must allow a minimum of 6 second drain time after exiting the water."

Eurodriver
12-27-14, 08:41
300BLK Subsonic is already so quiet I can't imagine why anyone would want to complicate things by running it wet.

tom12.7
12-28-14, 10:29
I've seen a few guys try it with SDN-6's. It's pretty quiet to start with, so it's not like it's really needed.

sc63sallad
12-28-14, 15:04
I've seen a few guys try it with SDN-6's. It's pretty quiet to start with, so it's not like it's really needed.

I found that silencerco video, the cans they tried shooting it wet with were ospreys. I just thought it would be interesting to try. But I suppose maybe you guys are right, not really worth it.

sc63sallad
12-28-14, 15:05
As per Silencerco:

"The suppressors must be free of obstructions such as mud, dirt, ablative medium, etc. Do NOT attempt to shoot through an obstructed suppressor. The Saker was designed to be used "dry" and free of any ablative media, such as grease and water. Water-borne operators must allow a minimum of 6 second drain time after exiting the water."

Pretty definitive, thanks. Probably won't do it.

steyrman13
12-28-14, 18:59
As per Silencerco:

Do you know hat sure fire says about the Socom rc line as far as water-borne? Not that I'll be jumping out of my swimming pool or creek guns a blazing, but I'm still deciding between the saker an Socom.

domestique
12-28-14, 20:00
Do you know hat sure fire says about the Socom rc line as far as water-borne? Not that I'll be jumping out of my swimming pool or creek guns a blazing, but I'm still deciding between the saker an Socom.

I'll have to check my manual. But there is video of Larry Vickers filling up a 5.56 Surefire can (possibly legacy) with water before firing.

Bluto
12-28-14, 22:44
I'll have to check my manual. But there is video of Larry Vickers filling up a 5.56 Surefire can (possibly legacy) with water before firing.

The silencerco manual does not recommend any liquid or ablative materials on any of their rifle cans...

Turnkey11
12-30-14, 18:00
KACs NT4 manual suggests using spit as an ablative, I wonder if it's still recommended with the QDC line of suppressors...

Vash1023
12-30-14, 18:23
its pointless. really. its already ridiculously quiet .