PDA

View Full Version : Velcro for side saddle comes off

jahwarrior1423
12-27-14, 12:30
How did everyone put their Velcro on their reciever for SKD side saddle?...

I forget where I got the Velcro but it's the industrial quality and I cleaned and degreased my reciever but it continues to peel off if I have a loaded saddle on.

Thinking about going with the Mesa saddle to get away from the issue I'm dealing with.

Another issue can be is that I rip the saddle off and the Velcro comes off that way also

ag08
12-28-14, 21:03
Did you start taking the SKD card off and on right after applying the Velcro? If I remember correctly from putting mine on you have to let it cure for a while. Mine sticks just fine.

Did you let your degrease agent dry all the way?

Is your receiver blued or parkerized? Mine is blued as a reference.

jahwarrior1423
12-29-14, 12:11
Mine is parked

Degreased and even used a hair dryer after it air dryed. Probably didn't put the SKD card on until after a week of me putting the Velcro on

Dennis
12-29-14, 12:33
Try using properly prepped contact glue with extra on the edges. Then go with a Mesa saddle ☺ I use velcro on my buttstocks and it works great once sanded and prepped.

CoryCop25
12-29-14, 12:36
I have done 4 of them and all but one stuck very nicely.
Break cleaner
wipe clean with clean cloth
apply
let sit as long as possible (I put them all in the sun)
I did this to all of them all on 870s and one just didn't want to stick. After repeating the process (with new velcro of course) it worked.

jahwarrior1423
12-30-14, 09:31
I'll try redoing mine

JHG556
12-30-14, 09:55
Any problem using Velcro-brand industrial strength velcro on a cerakoted receiver?

D53
01-05-15, 01:49
I have done 4 of them and all but one stuck very nicely.
Break cleaner
wipe clean with clean cloth
apply
let sit as long as possible (I put them all in the sun)
I did this to all of them all on 870s and one just didn't want to stick. After repeating the process (with new velcro of course) it worked.

x2, I did the same with letting it sit in the sun and I gave maximum "curing" time. Good luck