PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat Battlesight

Wake27
12-28-14, 22:49
Any user reviews of these? I'm researching what sights I want to replace the standard Novak tritiums on my Colt Rail Gun and am considering them, largely due to the fact that I am being a massive brand snob and upgrading a bunch of the stock parts with only Wilson replacements. I can live with using a different set of sights if need be, but these look pretty nice. I haven't seen much on them here even though I know they're also out now for Berettas and the LAV flavor for Glocks.

Trajan
12-29-14, 08:06
I've used them on a friends WC Brig Tac and looked at them on the LAV Glocks. They're actually not bad. This is coming from someone who generally only likes flat serrated square rear blades. I'd probably pick them over Triji HDs, but that's only because the HD rear has tritium and the front is way too big for me on those.

opmike
12-29-14, 10:39
My Brigadier Tactical came with one one in the rear.

Honestly, I don't understand why people keep trying to re-invent the wheel when it comes to pistol sights outside of just trying to differentiate a product in an already crowded market. The WC sight is more than serviceable, but doesn't offer any real advantages over just a plain serrated rear. I see my rear sight as just a window/groove to look through and at my front sight, so I want as little distracting elements as possible. That said, I'm glad it didn't come with three-dot sights.

I went with the 10-8 plain serrated rear on my 1911 and am very satisfied with them. I wouldn't go with the WC unless I could find them for dirt cheap.

Wake27
12-29-14, 11:21
Appreciate the input so far guys.

My Brigadier Tactical came with one one in the rear.

Honestly, I don't understand why people keep trying to re-invent the wheel when it comes to pistol sights outside of just trying to differentiate a product in an already crowded market. The WC sight is more than serviceable, but doesn't offer any real advantages over just a plain serrated rear. I see my rear sight as just a window/groove to look through and at my front sight, so I want as little distracting elements as possible. That said, I'm glad it didn't come with three-dot sights.

I went with the 10-8 plain serrated rear on my 1911 and am very satisfied with them. I wouldn't go with the WC unless I could find them for dirt cheap.

Side note about your avatar. I'm re-watching all of the episodes and he was introduced in the one we watched last night. I had forgotten how much I hate that guy and how that episode just pissed me off in general haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plato
01-02-15, 23:46
Appreciate the input so far guys.

Side note about your avatar. I'm re-watching all of the episodes and he was introduced in the one we watched last night. I had forgotten how much I hate that guy and how that episode just pissed me off in general haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just dry fired around my FFLs place with the Wilson sights on my new WC Brig. I can't wait to use them at the range. I was already a fan of the 10-8 so these were easily adaptable for me.

And by the way, the governor wasn't nearly as bad as Gareth or even the leader of the marauders. The governor, much like Shane, was simply a man of action who preemptively dealt with trouble as it came. Was he nuts? Sure. But Rick isn't too far from that nuttiness at this point anyway. :)

MountainRaven
01-03-15, 00:11
I have a set on my Glock. I really like them. Fast, easy to use, and the shape helps draw the eye to the front sight while also staying out of the way enough to make picking up the target that little bit easier. I think the partially-serrated treatment on the rear sight helps with the design a lot.

But I think the Warrens are 99% as good and much less expensive to boot. I feel like part of what you're paying for with the sights are the name (says the man wearing Arc'Teryx and Crye).

I think - on a Glock - that a combination of a Warren tritium front sight and a Wilson Combat plain rear is about my ideal sight set-up.

og556
01-03-15, 08:35
I have a set on my G17 and they are my favorite sights. I ended up going to the shorter tritium front sight for a 6 o'clock hold and it's hitting right at the top of my front sight blade where I want it to. I got the plain read with tritium front and highly recommend them.

The front sight blade is nice and wide and the rear is perfect for a blance of speed and accuracy. The serrations on both is a nice touch to cut down on glare.

I also had a set on my X Tac which were perfect. They are very much like the ones for the Glock but obviously for the 1911. There's nothing I would change about the sight picture for any situation. I should also mention they use two set screws for the rear sight which is nice.

Magsz
01-06-15, 11:47
Your rear sight is a window to your front sight. Anything on that rear window short of very fine serrations is a no go in my book as it draws attention.

A dumbass SHELF, ie two planes to focus on, on a rear sight is worse than a no go. Ive never used a rear sight short of a truglo TFO that drew my attention so much.

I personally believe a negatively angled rear sight with no serrations is the easiest rear sight for ME to use, ie a Warren Tactical.

I also dont understand why in 2015 Wilson is parkerizing their sights when they should be melonited or QPQ treated. A grey rear sight is just an odd color choice.

My experience with the rear sight is 3,284 rounds through an M92A1 before i ripped the rear off in frustration and went with a Novak. The Novak had that dumb ol shelf too but at least there were no partial serrations and odd grey color to look at. Yes, im stubborn, i "wasted" 3k rounds on a crappy sight trying to prove to myself that it was me and not a hardware issue when it was indeed a hardware issue.

01-06-15, 13:05
I was not fussy about my sights until I achieved middle age. Then all of a sudden they make a huge difference. I like a bit of daylight in my rear and a FO front. I have a 10-8 rear on my government model and it is my favorite rear sight.

plouffedaddy
01-06-15, 13:53
I'm a fan of just how fast they are to pick up, for me at least. Here's my review FWIW.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu5hi7OVp3c

Singlestack Wonder
01-06-15, 14:02
Nevermind....

26 Inf
01-06-15, 14:58
I'm a fan of just how fast they are to pick up, for me at least. Here's my review FWIW.....

Your videos are edited pretty tigthly, some of the best production I've watched on the net. JMO

The last minute was making me cringe though, slide forward, mag seated, weapon moving all over, just kind of set me on edge. JMO FWIW