View Full Version : SCAR barrel question

scoob
01-01-15, 10:56
Has anyone had a SCAR 16s barrel cut down to 14.5"? I'm wondering it it can be done seeing as the barrel is pretty thin and cutting would be WAY less expensive than a 14" barrel.

RHINOWSO
01-01-15, 14:09
No, but I had my SCAR 16 cut to 10.5" by Marvin Pitts @Nefarious Arms. I have no doubt he could do it.

He also did my SCAR 17 cut to 13".

Only other thing you'll need to do is possibly change out the gas control screw to ensure reliable operation with the shorter barrel. Easy process to do.

USGILT
03-08-15, 20:55
No, but I had my SCAR 16 cut to 10.5" by Marvin Pitts @Nefarious Arms. I have no doubt he could do it.

He also did my SCAR 17 cut to 13".

Only other thing you'll need to do is possibly change out the gas control screw to ensure reliable operation with the shorter barrel. Easy process to do.

+1 for Marvin he does excellent barrel work. I'm sure I you asked him he would cut your barrel to any length you wanted.

JoshNC
03-09-15, 18:50
A friend of mine had Marvin cut his barrel to 14" and pin/weld a Surefire SOCOM RC muzzle brake in place. I don't think he changed out the gas control screw.

Stephen_H
03-10-15, 09:30
A friend of mine had Marvin cut his barrel to 14" and pin/weld a Surefire SOCOM RC muzzle brake in place. I don't think he changed out the gas control screw.

I had the same experience; cut and pin a SCAR Light at 14" with no mods to gas control screw. Marvin also cut a Heavy down to 13" and another Light down to 10" for me. He does awesome work and just finished construction of a brand new shop!

Stephen

RAM Engineer
03-12-15, 10:55
Are factory short barrels available for this thing yet? If so, where?

Turnkey11
03-12-15, 11:46
Are factory short barrels available for this thing yet? If so, where?

Gunbroker is your best bet, anything over $900 is too much.