PDA

View Full Version : OK Proposed Bill to "Ban" Hoodies in Public

CLHC
01-03-15, 16:14
Just saw this:

Oklahoma Legislator Proposes Hoodie Ban (http://time.com/3651529/oklahoma-hoodie-ban/)

New Bill Would Make Wearing Hoodies a Crime (http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/01/03/3607687/oklahoma-hoodie-ban/)

Wearing a Hoodie In Oklahoma Could Soon Cost You A $500 Fine (http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/wearing-a-hoodie-in-oklahoma-could-soon-cost-you-a-dollar500-fine/ar-BBhuoeE?ocid=mailsignout)

docsherm
01-03-15, 16:21
That is just F@#$ing retarted. I wear a hoodie most of the time when it is cold.

How about this, want to stop crime. Be harder on criminals. Openly start to profile criminals no matter how unPC it is.

Koshinn
01-03-15, 16:44
That is just F@#$ing retarted. I wear a hoodie most of the time when it is cold.

How about this, want to stop crime. Be harder on criminals. Openly start to profile criminals no matter how unPC it is.

"The bill's language includes exemptions for religious garments, weather protection, safety or medical purposes, parades, Halloween celebrations, masquerade parties, 'minstrel troupes,' circuses, sporting groups, mascots or 'other amusements or dramatic shows.' But several residents who spoke to KFOR expressed concern that the language was still overly broad and could be easily misconstrued to ban hooded sweatshirts on any occasion."

I agree though, stupid idea.

SilverBullet432
01-03-15, 17:03
Stupidest thing I've read all year thus far..

markm
01-03-15, 17:21
Appreciate the sentiment, but agree... retarded.

Toyoland66
01-03-15, 17:37
"The bill's language includes exemptions for religious garments, weather protection, safety or medical purposes, parades, Halloween celebrations, masquerade parties, 'minstrel troupes,' circuses, sporting groups, mascots or 'other amusements or dramatic shows.' But several residents who spoke to KFOR expressed concern that the language was still overly broad and could be easily misconstrued to ban hooded sweatshirts on any occasion."

I agree though, stupid idea.

So basically another do nothing, impossible to enforce law.

Ryno12
01-03-15, 17:43
I'd rather it was a "pull up your pants" law.

docsherm
01-03-15, 18:15

That is racist...... :jester:

SteyrAUG
01-03-15, 21:20
How about we just focus on CRIMINALS regardless of what they are wearing or what tools they use to commit crimes.

I shouldn't loose my trench coat because of those Columbine retards, I shouldn't lose my hoodie because of Trayvon and I shouldn't lose my screwdriver because people use them for B&E purposes.

This is about LE leadership and lawmakers wanting to take the lazy way out with broad laws that seem like they will accomplish something and large numbers of stupid people willing to go along with it.

TXBK
01-03-15, 21:33
Is it April already? No way this is for real, even from OK?

TriviaMonster
01-03-15, 21:40
barrington@oksenate.gov

This is the idot who wrote this. I'm assuming that when he presents this, it will also be a retirement letter. Just plain dumb.

HeavyDuty
01-03-15, 21:47

I don't agree with the bill, but I think that's what they are attempting to do.

MBtech
01-03-15, 22:58

Well, at least they can't run, more likely to trip and fall to the K9 :thank_you2::jester:

Moose-Knuckle
01-03-15, 23:55
How about they just ban criminals?

MBtech
01-04-15, 00:04
How about they just ban criminals?

And wipe out half the population? Put law enforcement out of a job?

That would be called peace on Earth

No pun intended to LE will never happen

MorphCross
01-04-15, 00:05

Just as long as enforcement involves a hammer tacker.

On the hooded sweatshirt front I have a variety including hooded sweater-vests, hooded thermal shirts, and knit hooded sweaters so I have to ask where those fall in this proposed bill.

Sensei
01-04-15, 02:05
I see that the author of that bill put in an exemption that would cover his white Klan hood.

Moose-Knuckle
01-04-15, 02:44
I see that the author of that bill put in an exemption that would cover his white Klan hood.

Is the author European-American?

Here there is a local African-American civic leader who pushed through a city ordinance banning "sagging".

MBtech
01-04-15, 02:51
Any Red Blooded American Father should kick those sagging pants so far up their ass they'll be walking bow legged for a week.

Averageman
01-04-15, 02:53
Any Red Blooded American Father should kick those sagging pants so far up their ass they'll be walking bow legged for a week.

Staple guns aren't just for targets anymore.

Averageman
01-04-15, 02:54
Stupidest thing I've read all year thus far..

Its still early.

MBtech
01-04-15, 03:18
Staple guns aren't just for targets anymore.

Yes, they can be used as a replacement for the good ole fashion belt.

Ouch!, my folks used the belt as punishment, and guess what it keeps your pants up above your a$$.. craziest thing, and don't have to waddle like a duck when you walk!

C-grunt
01-04-15, 03:39
As a cop I can usually see where these stupid laws are coming from or at least what they are trying to accomplish. But I am drawing a blank on this one.

MBtech
01-04-15, 03:51
Its still early.

As a cop I can usually see where these stupid laws are coming from or at least what they are trying to accomplish. But I am drawing a blank on this one.

My wife and I were just talking about it, she works and teaches at our kid's school, Really? can't put a hood on?