PDA

View Full Version : QRP2 possible issue

jschmitt08
01-04-15, 00:15
I just bought a new Aimpoint PRO. Does this mount look out of spec to you guys? The spacer does not sit flush at all in the mount. The screws are tight and it came in the box like this.

nimdabew
01-04-15, 02:20
Dunno. If you want to fix it, go HERE (http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-comp-m2-mount-lt-150) or HERE (http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/3/).

SSGT Lindy
02-03-15, 16:28
I just bought a new Aimpoint PRO. Does this mount look out of spec to you guys? The spacer does not sit flush at all in the mount. The screws are tight and it came in the box like this.

So where did you get it from? I am looking to buy one, was going to go with SKD. Lot's of counterfeit junk floating around these days. I would never get one off of Amazon.

jschmitt08
02-03-15, 16:33
It came from a legit source. Aimpoint says the anodizing may have caused the spacer not to seat flush.

SSGT Lindy
02-03-15, 16:36
Are they going to fix it, or are you just going to take it down until it fits?

GH41
02-03-15, 18:17
It came from a legit source. Aimpoint says the anodizing may have caused the spacer not to seat flush.

I find it hard to believe Aimpoint said that if they saw these pictures. In case you didn't know... Anodizing is NOT a coating.. It is a surface treatment.

jschmitt08
02-03-15, 21:47
They have not replied to my email with the pictures. I talked to a rep over the phone and that is what he told me. I will probably just go ahead and buy an adm mount.

Krampus
02-04-15, 07:45
That is such a $h!t job it better be fake. If the place you purchased is legitimate why can't you mention it? If the place you purchased it is legitimate they will exchange it. If you didn't have the sense to use a CREDIT card you have no leverage and are at the mercy of money grubbers. The other option is to be a sheepish doormat and accept whatever trash the world throws out.

The anodizing can make it more difficult to slide things together but doesn't add material.

Krampus

Edit: Apologize for the harshness but everybody has to keep the money grubbers on a short leash.

jschmitt08
02-04-15, 11:04
It came from DSG. Its for sure not a fake. They will not take it back. I was directed back to aimpoint.

Krampus
02-04-15, 11:53

It came from DSG. Its for sure not a fake. They will not take it back. I was directed back to aimpoint.

That is bullshit, when did you purchase it? Did you pay with Credit? Which one? Does it fit well without the space/riser?

Krampus