PDA

View Full Version : RRA Predator Pursuit my perfect "plinker?"

the-plinker
06-29-08, 22:55
I do not kick in doors and clear buildings for a living.

I am not in the armed services.

I don't attend carbine classes or shoot 3-gun matches.

Up until now I go to the range and punch holes in paper targets with handguns. I'm looking to branch out and do the same thing at 100 yards with a rifle. I was going down the precision bolt gun avenue when I came to the realization that I should buy an AR because I'll always be able to get a bolt gun.

I live in Massachusetts, so I'm already operation with one hand tied behind my back.

After some exhaustive searches on all the applicable forums I've decided to go with a RRA Predator Pursuit rifle. Instead of buying another brand and replacing perfectly good parts with the new ones I want, I decided to go with a company that will do that from scratch. Here's how I'm ordering it:

- add Magpul PRS stock at factory

- add Daniel Defense 12.0 Quad Rail at factory

- add A.R.M.S. #40L Rear at factory

- add Samson gas block flip front BUIS at factory

- add Ergo Tactical Grip with palm shelf at factory

- add PRi Gas Buster Charging Handle at factory

- add beadblasted barrel option at factory

When it arrives I'm adding a LaRue QD mount Harris bi-pod and a LaRue QD mount SPR 1.5 optics mount. I'm still undecided on which optic I'll clamp inside that mount.

I'm guessing that for $2K(excluding optic), while getting exactly what "I" wanted in my first AR, that I also haven't done myself a disservice concerning quality. I could be wrong?

What do you think?

Ridgerunner665
06-29-08, 23:09
I am also looking at getting an RRA...either the Varmint A4 or the Predator Pursuit, but I'm leaning towards the Varmint A4 in a 20 inch (upper only)...

And my question is this...why do you want quad rails and BUIS on a Predator rifle? Its going to be pretty heavy even before you hang a bunch of stuff on it.

Bead blasting is a good idea though.

PYRO31888
06-29-08, 23:41
Im probably going to get a RRA too, either the TASC or the Entry Tactical, most likely the Tactical.