PDA

View Full Version : Harvard Profs learn there is there is no such thing as free medical care

WillBrink
01-05-15, 14:25
You just gotta read this to believe it. It's like something from the Onion. What did they think would happen? :rolleyes:

Health Care Fixes Backed by Harvard’s Experts Now Roil Its Faculty

By ROBERT PEARJAN. 5, 2015

WASHINGTON — For years, Harvard’s experts on health economics and policy have advised presidents and Congress on how to provide health benefits to the nation at a reasonable cost. But those remedies will now be applied to the Harvard faculty, and the professors are in an uproar.

Members of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, the heart of the 378-year-old university, voted overwhelmingly in November to oppose changes that would require them and thousands of other Harvard employees to pay more for health care. The university says the increases are in part a result of the Obama administration’s Affordable Care Act, which many Harvard professors championed.

The faculty vote came too late to stop the cost increases from taking effect this month, and the anger on campus remains focused on questions that are agitating many workplaces: How should the burden of health costs be shared by employers and employees? If employees have to bear more of the cost, will they skimp on medically necessary care, curtail the use of less valuable services, or both?

“Harvard is a microcosm of what’s happening in health care in the country,” said David M. Cutler, a health economist at the university who was an adviser to President Obama’s 2008 campaign. But only up to a point: Professors at Harvard have until now generally avoided the higher expenses that other employers have been passing on to employees. That makes the outrage among the faculty remarkable, Mr. Cutler said, because “Harvard was and remains a very generous employer.”

In Harvard’s health care enrollment guide for 2015, the university said it “must respond to the national trend of rising health care costs, including some driven by health care reform,” otherwise known as the Affordable Care Act. The guide said that Harvard faced “added costs” because of provisions in the health care law that extend coverage for children up to age 26, offer free preventive services like mammograms and colonoscopies and, starting in 2018, add a tax on high-cost insurance, known as the Cadillac tax.

Richard F. Thomas, a Harvard professor of classics and one of the world’s leading authorities on Virgil, called the changes “deplorable, deeply regressive, a sign of the corporatization of the university.”

Cont:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/06/us/health-care-fixes-backed-by-harvards-experts-now-roil-its-faculty.html?_r=0

nimdabew
01-05-15, 14:34
What'd we say?

jpmuscle
01-05-15, 14:37
Hahahaha morons...

TehLlama
01-05-15, 14:41
Can't fix stupid. It can be educated and provided with sheepskin and prestigious education jobs, but still can't be fixed.

nova3930
01-05-15, 14:48
If you say something is "free" what you're really saying is "someone else will pay for it."

I find it even more significant that Vermont had to scrap their plans for single payer recently. Once they realized that payroll taxes would have to be north of 22% on top of a higher health insurance premium the jig was up as they say...

Eurodriver
01-05-15, 15:34
I am not laughing.

This just emboldens them even further to push for single payer.

jpmuscle
01-05-15, 15:36
I am not laughing.

Which we all also knew/know was/is the goal right along.

docsherm
01-05-15, 15:36
You reap what you sow. Karma is a cold hearted Bitch.

Eurodriver
01-05-15, 15:37
Which we all also knew/know was/is the goal right along.

Of course, maybe not at the typical dumbocrat level (They probably thought O'Care was gonna work...) but you can't tell me some of these guys at Harvard, especially David Cutler, didn't have single payer as the agenda all along.

WillBrink
01-05-15, 16:16
You reap what you sow. Karma is a cold hearted Bitch.

Of course 99% of the profs and employees, etc who are now impacted by this raise in insurance costs, had nothing to do with the reasons their costs went up, so I wonder if that small group of economists and policy makers for the O admin are highly un popular now on campus.

Ick
01-05-15, 16:48
Only God can correct a fool: I am unable to do so. Believe me, I have tried.

SteyrAUG
01-05-15, 16:49
If ever there was a group who should pay full ticket because they live easy and comfortable lives, it should be University professors, especially those at Ivy League schools. Not really a lot of heavy lifting involved.

glocktogo
01-05-15, 16:55
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57781425.jpg

WillBrink
01-05-15, 17:16
If ever there was a group who should pay full ticket because they live easy and comfortable lives, it should be University professors, especially those at Ivy League schools. Not really a lot of heavy lifting involved.

I'd say an overly general statement. Some think of profs as sitting around pondering worthless stuff, but some are working very hard on topics/issues/tech that assists mankind in ways few may appreciate, be it medical advances, understanding the physics of the universe, biology, or crunching numbers that have value to all manner of industries etc. Important and essential work gets done. Two, I'd rather see profs at Ivy League schools paid 200k than 20 something kids paid millions to throw balls or make bad music. Most profs don't make much $$$, a few make a good living, and a small % hit it big. Personally, they are low on my list of people who are over paid for the value they give to society. The head sports coach at one of the big schools tend to make far more $$$ than the full time tenured professors, and getting tenured is very difficult these days. Most are part time and making far less, less than you'd think.

Head coach of Div 1 sports team makes silly money, while the proff who spent most his adult life on education (and paying for it), teaching those who may be the next generation of doctors, scientists, or special ed teachers, make a fraction of what.

docsherm
01-05-15, 17:23
Of course 99% of the profs and employees, etc who are now impacted by this raise in insurance costs, had nothing to do with the reasons their costs went up, so I wonder if that small group of economists and policy makers for the O admin are highly un popular now on campus.

I would certainly hope so. That would be the true definition of justice. :)

docsherm
01-05-15, 17:26
I'd say an overly general statement. Some think of profs as sitting around pondering worthless stuff, but some are working very hard on topics/issues/tech that assists mankind in ways few may appreciate, be it medical advances, understanding the physics of the universe, biology, or crunching numbers that have value to all manner of industries etc. Important and essential work gets done. Two, I'd rather see profs at Ivy League schools paid 200k than 20 something kids paid millions to throw balls or make bad music. Most profs don't make much $$$, a few make a good living, and a small % hit it big. Personally, they are low on my list of people who are over paid for the value they give to society. The head sports coach at one of the big schools tend to make far more $$$ than the full time tenured professors, and getting tenured is very difficult these days. Most are part time and making far less, less than you'd think.

Head coach of Div 1 sports team makes silly money, while the proff who spent most his adult life on education (and paying for it), teaching those who may be the next generation of doctors, scientists, or special ed teachers, make a fraction of what.

Those that CAN do, those that can't TEACH. It is not just a saying, it is the nature of human survival instinct.

Stay in all long as you can without being found out. :jester:

SteyrAUG
01-05-15, 18:46

I'm probably thinking of poly sci, philosophy and the like with my condemnations. Those who teach useful things like medicine and the like are generally exempt.

Caduceus
01-05-15, 19:06

To some extent I agree (mom taught, I have). But there is a reason coaches make big money - revenue to the school.

No one ever put up "season tickets to Professor Smith's lecture series" or tried to scalp tickets to office hours...

Koshinn
01-05-15, 19:07
Those that CAN do, those that can't TEACH. It is not just a saying, it is the nature of human survival instinct.

Stay in all long as you can without being found out. :jester:

Not necessarily true in research and science.

There are definitely corporate and government scientists and researchers who make whatever their bosses tell them to make. But being at a university gives them much more freedom to pursue advances that may not have strictly commercial or military uses right now.

docsherm
01-05-15, 19:20
Not necessarily true in research and science.

There are definitely corporate and government scientists and researchers who make whatever their bosses tell them to make. But being at a university gives them much more freedom to pursue advances that may not have strictly commercial or military uses right now.

In the realm of healthcare and economics I would say that it is not true. You have an Econ Prof with a PHD that makes $200K a year telling you haw to do something that w gut with a MBA does and makes $2,000,000 a year. Theory is only theory until it is applied in the real world in real situations. The same goes for Healthcare and all of the fascists that are related, to include research. Most research physicians are affiliated with an institution of higher learning but are getting paid from a hospital system or other healthcare entente that can fund and benefit from it.

01-05-15, 20:08

So the former Deltas that taught me at TigerSwan and, opted out due to being tired of the BS, but could still do the job...?:)

MountainRaven
01-05-15, 20:25
So the former Deltas that taught me at TigerSwan and, opted out due to being tired of the BS, but could still do the job...?:)

Apparently, Larry Vickers, Pat McNamara, Travis Haley, Mike Pannone, Jason Falla, et al. can't do, either.

;)

docsherm
01-05-15, 20:33

Thank you for your input........

This discussion is about the world of academia.

01-05-15, 21:15
Thank you for your input........

This discussion is about the world of academia.

Doesn't work that way. An example is either consistent or not. If it doesn't hold true in any scenario, then the "fact" is discarded.

"Those that cannot do, teach" has been shown to be BS whether in academia(which I spent 4yrs. in at a major univ. and graduated with a dbl. major and a minor) or in the real world.

Grew up with farming on both sides of the family. I turned a wrench for John Deere to pay my way through college. I met many people along the way that can do and teach.

So if you taught me a skill in a univ. class that you learned in your MOS, would that mean you cannot do? Hardly.

Ready.Fire.Aim
01-05-15, 21:18
Hahahaha morons...

This is the best laugh I had today, just love the irony :)

Referring to elitist, highly educated, Mensa IQ, HARVARD Professors as "morons" for failing to see the consequences of policy they supported.....

docsherm
01-05-15, 21:22
Doesn't work that way. An example is either consistent or not. If it doesn't hold true in any scenario, then the "fact" is discarded.

"Those that cannot do, teach" has been shown to be BS whether in academia(which I spent 4yrs. in at a major univ. and graduated with a dbl. major and a minor) or in the real world.

So if you taught me a skill in a univ. class that you learned in your MOS, would that mean you cannot do? Hardly.

I too have spent over 6 years in two major universities. The Military and academia are not the same by any stretch of the imagination.

I am not going to get into this and if you do not understand my analogy then you will not get the entire method of thinking. There are two types in the SWCS: those that are fighting tooth and nail to get back on a team and those that are riding their time out.

You do not get that in academia. PERIOD. NOT THE SAME AND IT NEVER WILL BE.

01-05-15, 21:30
I am not going to get into this and if you do not understand my analogy then you will not get the entire method of thinking.

Back at ya. I do get it and to think that only military people have that type of drive and desire is to live in your own little self-created world.

I have been involved in BJJ and Muay Thai since college. Blew out a knee and had a long road to recovery. Every single waking moment was devoted to getting healed, getting in shape, and getting back on the mat to be with my friends I had sweated, bled, and hurt with.

I'm sorry, but that type of dedication and attitude is not reserved only for the .mil. What about someone that works several jobs AND takes a full load of classes?

Striving to achieve and be the best are not traits unique to the .mil.

Sensei
01-05-15, 21:39
In the realm of healthcare and economics I would say that it is not true. You have an Econ Prof with a PHD that makes $200K a year telling you haw to do something that w gut with a MBA does and makes $2,000,000 a year. Theory is only theory until it is applied in the real world in real situations. The same goes for Healthcare and all of the fascists that are related, to include research. Most research physicians are affiliated with an institution of higher learning but are getting paid from a hospital system or other healthcare entente that can fund and benefit from it.

It's a bit more complicated than that but you are headed in the right direction. Non-clinical research faculty (most are PhD's or foreign, unlicensed MD's) at my institution are expected to cover 70% of their salary with extramural funding. In the past, NIH funding was the gold standard but in these lean times a dollar is a dollar - be it from industry, NIH, DOD, etc. The remaining potions of their salary may come from teaching, administrative duties, etc. The most successful faculty are PI's on multiple grants which bring in millions to the institution. For example, our plastic surgeons hold the patent to the WoundVac which dwarfs the revenue from our football and basketball programs combined at over $500M in royalties (we are Div1 ACC school).

Our clinical faculty spend about 60% of their time seeing patients. The revenue generated by this clinical effort more than covers our salaries. The other 40% may be dedicated to research, teaching, or administrative tasks. Those with significant administrative duties such as Department Chairs or those with large grants will have a reduced clinical load down to 25-30% depending on the dollars that they bring into the institution.

The bottom line is that there are very few slackers at my shop. Most of us work 50-60 hrs per week with plenty of overnight call or night shifts to wreck havoc on your family life. We are held to very tight performance metrics when it comes to clinical productivity, patient satisfaction, adherence to quality core measures, grant procurement, academic publications, etc. Having said that, I love my job and pinch myself every time I go to work.

Honu
01-05-15, 21:45
most all are liberal ! they want this kinda stuff on others so let them live in it !

most all at college level do make a decent living and they chose this line of work over something else and again most all seem to be the liberal type who whine and cry and then want others to feel sorry for them and to pay for things they want etc... and now students whine and cry and want others to pay for there education ! hmmmm wonder where they learned that from !

they dont give much to society ? the drive in people is what gives to society one of my buddies who is older than I created the molecular structure for Enbrel he is worth I imagine in the super high tens of millions or hundreds of millions he drove himself ! he was VP of Immunex medical corp and did not get there because of his teachers he got there cause of his own drive and his own work
he got the same education as other folks ? sorry your statement is like obama you did not build your business others did and you used the roads others paid for ! well sorry I paid for them to

sure some are doing good things ? but so are lots of folks again they chose the path it was not given to them or forced on them

also many if not most of them these days also decide to impose there beliefs onto students and do try to bend them to ultra liberal ways which is what they should not be doing but they do it anyway just listen to how smart some of the college kids are these days is scary

I think the whole thing is funny and maybe all education should loose its health care and rely on obama care and see how it goes for them especially places like Harvard :)

docsherm
01-05-15, 21:50
Back at ya. I do get it and to think that only military people have that type of drive and desire is to live in your own little self-created world.

I have been involved in BJJ and Muay Thai since college. Blew out a knee and had a long road to recovery. Every single waking moment was devoted to getting healed, getting in shape, and getting back on the mat to be with my friends I had sweated, bled, and hurt with.

I'm sorry, but that type of dedication and attitude is not reserved only for the .mil. What about someone that works several jobs AND takes a full load of classes?

Striving to achieve and be the best are not traits unique to the .mil.

I do see your point and I you were the one that brought up the people in the military. I was referring to those in the world of academia.....but you bring up several good points. When you were taking BJJ and Muay Thai were your instructors still competing on the international level? Had they in the past? Just because you were able to do something in the past does not mean that you can do it today.

If it is something that you love then you may want to stay in the "game" as long as you can. Look at all of the NFL coaches that started as a player. They still have unbelievable drive and motivation but they are no longer physically capable of competing on the professional level as a player. Now they are coaches. Anything wrong with it? No there is not. If you ask them if they would rather play in the game (in prime condition) instead of coaching, what do you think they would say?

****Had to use a football analogy because the Cowboys actually won a playoff game and I am still riding that high.**** :blink:

T2C
01-05-15, 21:51
Harvard professors are required to pay their fair share under the ACA like the rest of us? If they are looking for sympathy, they can find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.

Koshinn
01-05-15, 22:01

I don't know much about econ and healthcare education. Last time I took an econ class was in high school lol.

It's just hard to shoebox all university faculty into the idea that they cannot do their specialty full time, as exceptions to the general statement make up like half the cases.

Were you only referring to the professors who advised that the current healthcare system would be wise? Context is sometimes hard to determine in a thread with a couple conversations going in at a time between people likely posting from their phone while in the toilet.

docsherm
01-05-15, 22:02
It's a bit more complicated than that but you are headed in the right direction. Non-clinical research faculty (most are PhD's or foreign, unlicensed MD's) at my institution are expected to cover 70% of their salary with extramural funding. In the past, NIH funding was the gold standard but in these lean times a dollar is a dollar - be it from industry, NIH, DOD, etc. The remaining potions of their salary may come from teaching, administrative duties, etc. The most successful faculty are PI's on multiple grants which bring in millions to the institution. For example, our plastic surgeons hold the patent to the WoundVac which dwarfs the revenue from our football and basketball programs combined at over $500M in royalties (we are Div1 ACC school).

Our clinical faculty spend about 60% of their time seeing patients. The revenue generated by this clinical effort more than covers our salaries. The other 40% may be dedicated to research, teaching, or administrative tasks. Those with significant administrative duties such as Department Chairs or those with large grants will have a reduced clinical load down to 25-30% depending on the dollars that they bring into the institution.

The bottom line is that there are very few slackers at my shop. Most of us work 50-60 hrs per week with plenty of overnight call or night shifts to wreck havoc on your family life. We are held to very tight performance metrics when it comes to clinical productivity, patient satisfaction, adherence to quality core measures, grant procurement, academic publications, etc. Having said that, I love my job and pinch myself every time I go to work.

I do understand what you are talking about. I worked for a major healthcare system the supported medical facility in a large university system (I am sure it is comparable to yours in size). I worked in the finance/ operations side of the house and I saw the money. I have seen people that work a .25 FTE clinical and still pull a clinical salary over $1 mil. One of my favorite professors was a physician and he was retired and did not want to practice any more, so he teaches. Maintains his medical license but caries no malpractice so he teaches in the field of healthcare administration.

docsherm
01-05-15, 22:06
I don't know much about econ and healthcare education. Last time I took an econ class was in high school lol.

It's just hard to shoebox all university faculty into the idea that they cannot do their specialty full time, as exceptions to the general statement make up like half the cases.

Were you only referring to the professors who advised that the current healthcare system would be wise? Context is sometimes hard to determine in a thread with a couple conversations going in at a time between people likely posting from their phone while in the toilet.

That is a good question as I am so far off topic that I do not even remember what the OP was about...... :jester:

But yes, it started out about a few professors that obviously had no interaction with the real world and assisted the current administration in their folly.

JoshNC
01-05-15, 22:14
I am not laughing.

Agreed. I think this was the plan all along.

TehLlama
01-05-15, 22:41
Apparently, Larry Vickers, Pat McNamara, Travis Haley, Mike Pannone, Jason Falla, et al. can't do, either.

;)

To a degree, yes - but the ability to teach perishable skills that are hazardous to obtain becomes extremely valuable, and teaching means they're destroying their bodies at a reduced pace, so yeah that's an easy decision for guys like that with a knack for teaching. The differential there is that military/LEO instructors who weren't able to DO get found out fast as shit, and only the ignorant want to learn that garbage from clowns who teach great-on-paper-only methodologies. Not quite the same in something like economic theory, where we can't even displace Keynesian intra-shincter quality logic with historical data, and far worse in the humanities and soft sciences where statistical ignorance seems to enable veritable fraud across entire fields of 'research'. This phenomenon is a LOT harder to find in engineering and sciences that are actively progressing.

More accurately, the most attractive option for many who are unable to DO at a competitive level is to teach, and a lot of these make excellent teachers. Some absolute top level do-ers also have a passion for teaching and do both; but there is a significant fraction that seem to reinforce the meaningless truism because they're neither that good at doing the activity nor at teaching it, but do have the skill of inserting themselves into bureaucracies where neither of those facts are relevant.

There is a pretty considerable amount of dead weight even in well run hospitals, but bureaucratic approaches to credentialing are going to keep it this way (replacing 90% of the staff with a generic skillset with just a few more RNs at the same cost value would be a net gain in productivity/quality of care/patient outcomes, but nobody is willing to give that an honest shot - the more top-down organization that gets shoved down the throat of the entire healthcare enterprise just means cost are going to continue to balloon unabated because disruptive technologies and even whole viable paradigms get rejected or delayed on implementation).

It's almost more of an urban/rural phenomenon as much as anything else - all it takes is couple layers of removal from being surrounded by the undeniable fact that human livelihood as a whole is supported by farming and ranching, made more efficient by engineering and technology. Humanities professors at A&M type schools are still down to earth yet brilliant people; multigenerational urbanites with no grasp on fundamental realities are still the primary source for parroted ideas from the bullshit fairie about there being sources of free lunches in nature and that is the source of their disappointment when harsh reality steps in and crushes their worldview - until they can simply adjust facts to match their warped reality one way or another.

Honu
01-05-15, 22:56
talking folks who teach things like LV does is not the same IMHO as a professor at a college ?
I taught snowboarding for years and diving for years 15 to be exact and was a very good instructor with many celebrities even under my belt that I did well buy and a ton of other regular folks all over the world
I chose that path and left my business which was making me good money but I loved it in such a different way
so I can also see why many retired types turn to teaching after having great careers in what they did

and as I always say you dont want to learn (insert fav sport star here) from them you want to learn it from the coach who trains them !!!!!
but that all said what one does with it has nothing to do with the teachers it has to do with the persons drive to learn and what they are capable of
there are a few folks who seem insane good at both and that recent thread about that youtube person shows you dont have to be real to teach ! but I am sure I would rather learn from someone that can teach and has real world background like LV etc...

one of my buds from HS days teaches at Huachuca he is out of the military now but he was in and was obviously in some kinda SF thing like most of the instructors down there teaching what they do in a day in day out basis IMHO these guys are closet to college professor type folks than LV who has his own business doing things his own way etc... and I bet the money they make shows that also where I am sure LV makes a decent living where my buddy does OK but he loves what he does but still can afford to do most things one wants in life but has a budget :)

SeriousStudent
01-05-15, 23:12
...... If they are looking for sympathy, they can find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.

"Yes, Sergeant Major!"

Hehehehe... memories. My Bn SgtMaj used to says that ALL the time. Along with "The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work."

WillBrink
01-06-15, 11:03
To a degree, yes - but the ability to teach perishable skills that are hazardous to obtain becomes extremely valuable, and teaching means they're destroying their bodies at a reduced pace, so yeah that's an easy decision for guys like that with a knack for teaching. The differential there is that military/LEO instructors who weren't able to DO get found out fast as shit, and only the ignorant want to learn that garbage from clowns who teach great-on-paper-only methodologies. Not quite the same in something like economic theory, where we can't even displace Keynesian intra-shincter quality logic with historical data, and far worse in the humanities and soft sciences where statistical ignorance seems to enable veritable fraud across entire fields of 'research'. This phenomenon is a LOT harder to find in engineering and sciences that are actively progressing.

More accurately, the most attractive option for many who are unable to DO at a competitive level is to teach, and a lot of these make excellent teachers. Some absolute top level do-ers also have a passion for teaching and do both; but there is a significant fraction that seem to reinforce the meaningless truism because they're neither that good at doing the activity nor at teaching it, but do have the skill of inserting themselves into bureaucracies where neither of those facts are relevant.

There is a pretty considerable amount of dead weight even in well run hospitals, but bureaucratic approaches to credentialing are going to keep it this way (replacing 90% of the staff with a generic skillset with just a few more RNs at the same cost value would be a net gain in productivity/quality of care/patient outcomes, but nobody is willing to give that an honest shot - the more top-down organization that gets shoved down the throat of the entire healthcare enterprise just means cost are going to continue to balloon unabated because disruptive technologies and even whole viable paradigms get rejected or delayed on implementation).

It's almost more of an urban/rural phenomenon as much as anything else - all it takes is couple layers of removal from being surrounded by the undeniable fact that human livelihood as a whole is supported by farming and ranching, made more efficient by engineering and technology. Humanities professors at A&M type schools are still down to earth yet brilliant people; multigenerational urbanites with no grasp on fundamental realities are still the primary source for parroted ideas from the bullshit fairie about there being sources of free lunches in nature and that is the source of their disappointment when harsh reality steps in and crushes their worldview - until they can simply adjust facts to match their warped reality one way or another.

It should also be noted that many a top level do-ers make for terrible teachers. Doing and being able to teach it, are also different skill sets. It's rare in any profession to have do-ers/ex do-ers who are able to teach it to others. Personally, I don't think any useful generalizations can be made here.

cbx
01-06-15, 11:25
Talked to an uber left family member of mine the other day, who lives in an uber left state, and he was having a damn fit over his new insurance plan. My reply was "Premier Hussein thanks you for your participation for the greater good of the people comrade," in a james Connery captain ramius voice. He got even more upset after my snarky remark.

Then told him you got what you wanted didn't you, get insurance for everyone? You get to help pay now. He said "they promised it would be cheaper and we could keep our plan....... "well, we got lied to."

The tin foil hat man in me feels like failure was the ultimate goal. They knew this wouldn't work. I just can't buy that the powers at be are that stupid.

Nothing in life is free. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

The_War_Wagon
01-06-15, 12:11
Members of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, the heart of the 378-year-old university, voted overwhelmingly in November to oppose changes that would require them and thousands of other Harvard employees to pay more for health care. The university says the increases are in part a result of the Obama administration’s Affordable Care Act, which many Harvard professors championed...

...Richard F. Thomas, a Harvard professor of classics and one of the world’s leading authorities on Virgil, called the changes “deplorable, deeply regressive, a sign of the corporatization of the university.”

Libtards - ALWAYS the dumbest SOB's in a room, with a Ph.D. as their STOOPID King...

WillBrink
01-06-15, 12:19
Libtards - ALWAYS the dumbest SOB's in a room, with a Ph.D. as their STOOPID King...

'Cause we never met any self proclaimed conservatives who were as dumb as a bag of rocks. :rolleyes:

Not very productive nor accurate comments there.