PDA

View Full Version : Albuquerque police officer shot during traffic stop

Belloc
01-06-15, 17:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8-hgt8Z_qI

The suspect has now been arrested. http://www.abqjournal.com/521828/news/police-arrest-man-suspected-of-shooting-apd-officer.html

Concerning the condition of officer Golson, Albuquerque Police Chief Gorden Eden told a press that Golson was shot three times and underwent surgery Saturday.

“His road to recovery will be long, and the family asks that we do not divulge the extent of his injuries, but I will tell you that they are serious injuries and we pray he will be able to return to work at the Albuquerque Police Department.”

Eurodriver
01-06-15, 18:34
Talk about professionalism.

Gets shot at, immediately returns fire after being hit, then reloads with only one good hand, and gives dispatch a perfect description of the suspect.

ETA: Those 3:00+ minutes before backup arrives seemed like 30.

Mauser KAR98K
01-06-15, 19:32
Talk about professionalism.

Gets shot at, immediately returns fire after being hit, then reloads with only one good hand, and gives dispatch a perfect description of the suspect.

ETA: Those 3:00+ minutes before backup arrives seemed like 30.

No shit. That felt like an eternity on this end, no telling what it felt for the officer.

He stayed calm pretty much the whole time. His breathing wasn't very labored if not at all.

Hope the per gets his.

It took just a split second look away and the subject was out the door, shooting.

scoutfsu99
01-06-15, 20:43
Sucks he wasn't able to tag him as he came out the door.

7.62NATO
01-06-15, 21:33

sjc3081
01-06-15, 22:20
I wonder if we have another case of a Glock 22 with a weapon light jamming again. I can see a light mounted on the officers pistol.

SeriousStudent
01-06-15, 22:22
Prayers sent for Officer Golson, that he makes a complete recovery and has a speedy return to duty.

MountainRaven
01-06-15, 22:37
The officer's handgun (glock?) was out of battery when the perp exited the car. It appears the officer had a failure (or was empty) after firing 7-8 rounds, and he was unable to clear (or reload) it to resume firing. Given the circumstances, he did well, and he is one lucky SOB.

ETA: LE located an alcohol bottle inside the vehicle. The perp may have been intoxicated, and his state of intoxication may have saved the officer's life.

In the video, officer Golson appears to say that he believes the perp may have hit his sidearm. If so, this would more than likely explain the failure of his weapon after the 7 or 8 rounds (I counted 8 - but appears that no brass was ejected on the 8th round) fired. As well as his inability to light up the perp when he exited his vehicle.

MBtech
01-06-15, 23:24
In the video, officer Golson appears to say that he believes the perp may have hit his sidearm. If so, this would more than likely explain the failure of his weapon after the 7 or 8 rounds (I counted 8 - but appears that no brass was ejected on the 8th round) fired. As well as his inability to light up the perp when he exited his vehicle.

Good point, hopefully we'll learn more about that.

Hope he recovers ok from the injurys and the perp gets what he deserves.