PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestions for Concealed Carry Holster

kydexholsters
01-06-15, 23:39
Hi,

We are holsters manufacturer. We want give best products to our esteemed customer so; we are regularly asked questions from existing users about the holsters & what improvements we can do. Today's question is related to Best Concealed Carry Holster (https://strongsideholsters.com/product/hellfire-owb-holster/) & Kydex IWB Holsters.

What kinds of things additional you want in your Concealed Carry Holster?

Please share your views.

Thanks
Strongside Holsters

asolo
01-07-15, 00:34
For concealed carry I think of a few things:

1) Minimizing the bulk of the holster- You are trying to "Conceal" your weapong after all, right? For instance, if you were to pick a S&W Shield, why would you want a thick holster for it? I'd like to maximize the benefit of such a thin gun by using thinner kydex on both sides. Some may disagree with this and some may meet my thoughts halfway by suggesting a kydex shell with leather backing. Different strokes for different folks. Another thing is having clips that arent bulky. I had a comp-tac infidel ultra and it was decent but the clip was so freakin wide. The gun didnt print but the clip sure did!

2) Comfort- I've had some kydex holsters that were rounded all over and some that had somewhat sharp corners that I feel could have been trimmed. Be mindful or harware that protrudes as well.

3) Versatility- ebay and the rest of the internet are awash with pretty decent cheap holsters unlike 3 or more years ago. However, what I do see is IWB holsters that lack adjustablilty. The clips arent tuckable and arent adjustable for height or cant. I'd pay slightly more for a holster that has some versatile clips. Many of these "decent" holsters I speak of seem to have run-of-the-mill clips. Some are just bent sheet metal which I cant stand- It doesnt work well and just looks plain cheap.

4) Durability- Using premiuim materials and hardware will help in the longevity and comfort of the holster. Clips that cant take repeated flexing and subsequently break dont make a customer happy. For me, I want to buy once, cry once.

5) Customer service is key- When the customer needs service and the manufacturer comes to the rescue, eventually word gets around. You go from "Just another holster maker" to " a holster manufactuer that will stand behind their product." Given the choice between 2 companys with simliar products I'm going with the latter. I think one thing to add on to this is the ability to order parts for their holster-Screws rusting/Clips breaking/different color size or width clips/maybe different shells for modularity (like comptac does with their MTAC holster).

Hope I've provided you with some helpful thoughts. Good luck

Voodoo_Man
01-07-15, 03:04
Pretty broad topic...ill subscribe and do a little write up when I get a chance.