PDA

View Full Version : HK45 Gray Guns Trigger Work.

Coal Dragger
01-07-15, 18:01
To those on here who might have some experience with Gray Guns, and their trigger work on HK's. I have an HK45 that I really like quite a bit, but I feel the trigger could be better, so I am going to send the gun in to Gray Guns to have one of their trigger packages done. Just not sure which one, since I've never had the opportunity to try any of them.

My dilemma as it were (total first world problem...) is choosing between the Reduced Reset Carry Perfection package, and the Competition Short Reset package. As explained to me when I called them the only difference is in trigger pull weight, all safety functions are maintained, and ignition reliability is maintained. I was told the average SA trigger pull on the Reduced Reset Carry is about 4-4.5lbs, and the Competition Short Reset gets down to the low 4lbs range maybe even just a bit under depending on the gun. This pistol is 90% of the time a range gun, and a pistol I hope to take some classes with as well as maybe shoot competition with should our local range ever manage to get any kind of organized competition going. The pistol will also see some limited carry.

For anyone that has had word done by Gray Guns, what are your thoughts on the end result and the overall trigger characteristics?

Most of my other handguns have much lighter triggers than even the Competition Short Reset will provide, and my background other than shooting while in the USMC is competitive shooting with a lot of it bullseye competition where triggers are really really really light and crisp on any handgun that is competitive. I'm used to a 2.2lb trigger more so than anything else.

Any thoughts are welcome, and no matter which way I go I will try to share the results and my thoughts after the work is done for others to consider.

RHINOWSO
01-07-15, 18:13
I can't say anything about the DA/SA work, but I have 3 HKs with GGI Light LEM / RRCDP work. An HK45C, P30, and P2000SK - all are superb.

I'd go with your gut and if you are comfortable with a light trigger, go with that.

Coal Dragger
01-07-15, 18:29
Thanks. I probably will.

Glad to hear the quality of the work is good.

aflin
01-08-15, 11:25
Although I have no personal experience, many of my shooting buds have had trigger work done by Gray Guns. Not one of them have any complaints.

Trigger job is utterly reliable and is a huge improvement over the stock trigger.

Adrenaline_6
01-08-15, 14:58
Expect not to have your pistol back for awhile though. Good work, but currently a very long wait time.

Coal Dragger
01-08-15, 15:25
I was told to expect about 10 weeks.

Adrenaline_6
01-08-15, 16:25

I would double check. There is a guy that sent his P30 out in July that hasn't got it back yet.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/211211-greyguns-bruce-gray-trigger-job-p30-buy-vp.html

Not sure if it is related to just the P series or not, but I would make sure.

Coal Dragger
01-08-15, 16:27
I was literally told yesterday by Gray Guns to expect about 10 weeks. For whatever that's worth.

YVK
01-08-15, 16:35

Two of mine went in in early July and came back in late November. I added a third in early August, it came with other two. I would highly doubt 10 weeks.

Get a competition job and ask for a carry set of springs. Mainspring is pretty much the difference. Mine are LEM guns, no experience with DA/SA.

Coal Dragger
01-08-15, 20:43
Good to know.

drg6654
01-08-15, 21:44
I was told to also expect 10 weeks!!