PDA

View Full Version : M&P 40 replacement slide stop/ apex trigger kit questions

SilentTrailer30
01-08-15, 17:57
Hello all

First post here and new to the gun forums. Ive had an M&P40 since 2008 and my slide stop just recently broke on the right side. Im trying to locate a new one. MidwayUSA is my favorite place to order gun parts from but they seem fresh out of almost all S&W replacement parts. Does anyone have another source for M&P parts other than S&W itself as i prefer ordering online as to calling a parts department.

Second Question.Do any members here have the Apex forward set sear trigger kit? Is it a worthy upgrade?

MegademiC
01-09-15, 08:41
G&r tactical stocks a lot of smith parts.

Do a search for the trigger, lots of good info here to decide if it's what you want.

SilentTrailer30
01-09-15, 10:52
That's exactlu what I'm looking for! Looks like Smith has made some parts updates too! Win! Time to update the ol girl! I think it makes more sense trying the trigger with the updated trigger bar, slide stop and the new sear block before putting after market parts in.

I didn't think to use the search function. Thanks!

buckshot1220
01-09-15, 14:32
That's exactlu what I'm looking for! Looks like Smith has made some parts updates too! Win! Time to update the ol girl! I think it makes more sense trying the trigger with the updated trigger bar, slide stop and the new sear block before putting after market parts in.

I didn't think to use the search function. Thanks!

Welcome! This is a great site with member base that has a wealth of knowledge. Probably one of, if not the, best firearms related forums out there. That being said, people are quick to remind you to use the search function if you bring up a question that has been answered multiple times.

If it were me I'd call S&W first and see if they will offer you the newer replacements (especially since you actually had a failure) free of charge or discounted before shelling out money. My friend had a lot of issues with his M&P45 before they got the mag spring/follower whatever it was straightened out and every time a spring would bend/fail they'd ship him an entire brand new mag.

SilentTrailer30
01-09-15, 16:58
Welcome! This is a great site with member base that has a wealth of knowledge. Probably one of, if not the, best firearms related forums out there. That being said, people are quick to remind you to use the search function if you bring up a question that has been answered multiple times.

If it were me I'd call S&W first and see if they will offer you the newer replacements (especially since you actually had a failure) free of charge or discounted before shelling out money. My friend had a lot of issues with his M&P45 before they got the mag spring/follower whatever it was straightened out and every time a spring would bend/fail they'd ship him an entire brand new mag.

Thanks for the welcome.

I've has similar smith CS experiences as your friend.I had the early gun magazine catch issue where it would not keep a magazine locked in place. Smith sent me a new one free.
As for the slide stop, I ended up calling them..after the suggestion by megademic did not have one in stock. The associate offered to have it replaced under warrantee or pay for the new part. $17.00 is worth it to avoid a potential warranted headache especially when I can fix it myself.

urbantactic
01-11-15, 14:31
I have the FSS in My M&P 9FS. The primary purpose of this gun is for range trips and training. I do not carry the FSS, as I want a little more trigger travel in a carry gun.

For the purposes stated above, I love the FSS. Nice audible reset, and has helped with my accuracy.

I installed it myself using the videos Apex has available on Youtube. With patience and their armorer's block (I highly recommend), no problems.

SilentTrailer30
01-17-15, 21:31
I just got in the replacement slidestop. I was excited to get it in to see how the trigger feels with the changes Smith has made since my gun is from the 2nd year of production. It actually makes a difference.. Well at least to me anyways. Thanks to the few members who have helped and I will be ordering and replacing all of the parts that have been since upgraded by S&W!