PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Long Range Sights

JulyAZ
01-08-15, 19:02
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/08/97df412e4033b84ee6285d5720effc3a.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/09/a85cd889c7635eb64e69d24aca03f8e2.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/09/24f26569c8fa0f962d83b390e0607f0e.jpg
Just saw these announced via Instagram

This is all they posted no word on pricing, I know a lot of us willing be getting these, I can't wait for them.

Hoping someone could give more details

plouffedaddy
01-09-15, 09:05
I'm mobile currently but I think pricing is on their site.

jparish62
01-09-15, 09:09
$129.95 as per their site. Looks good. Nice to have another option with elevation adjustment besides KAC

markm
01-09-15, 09:10
$129 for just the rear. I guess if you have to have a folder it's a nice option.

markm
01-09-15, 09:12
$129.95 as per their site. Looks good. Nice to have another option with elevation adjustment besides KAC

I was trying to run that KAC out to 725 yards last weekend. No luck. It stops as 600 so I was holding over half of the front sight post.

I hope to try it again with A2 sights.

steyrman13
01-09-15, 09:16
I was trying to run that KAC out to 725 yards last weekend. No luck. It stops as 600 so I was holding over half of the front sight post.

I hope to try it again with A2 sights.

You could have re-zeroed to something like 300m zero and then used it right?:cool:

It looks like a good competitor to the KAC 600m micros

Jwknutson17
01-09-15, 09:26
It looks like a good competitor to the KAC 600m micros

I hope the rear aperture hole is better then the pro. I have always liked the KAC 600 micro over the magpuls because of the crisper sight picture I get from them. Ill have to look through one before picking one up. At least we are seeing another option hit the market. Magpul has been on a roll lately..

jparish62
01-09-15, 09:27
$129 for just the rear. I guess if you have to have a folder it's a nice option.

It is a bit steep. I'll stick with my KAC micro. I can get out to 600m and that's more than good enough

GotAmmo
01-09-15, 09:57

Yea, why not just spend $160 for just the rear KAC 600m BUIS... I mean, if you have to have a folder, it's an option

You guys commenting, who own KAC products but are complaining about the pricing amaze me

jparish62
01-09-15, 10:03
Yea, why not just spend $160 for just the rear KAC 600m BUIS... I mean, if you have to have a folder, it's an option

You guys commenting, who own KAC products but are complaining about the pricing amaze me

The only KAC stuff I own is the rear micro 600 sight and a set of keymod rail covers. I got the sight for $50 and the covers for $17. If it weren't for getting this stuff so cheap I wouldn't own any KAC stuff

markm
01-09-15, 10:26
The only KAC stuff I own is the rear micro 600 sight and a set of keymod rail covers. I got the sight for $50 and the covers for $17. If it weren't for getting this stuff so cheap I wouldn't own any KAC stuff

Same here. There was a flood of those KAC sights cheap. That's how I ended up using one.

saints75
01-09-15, 10:51
I am interested seeing how this sight works. I am also interested seeing how the DQ Swivel works.

jerrysimons
01-09-15, 11:21
Sweet! Same-plane, dual-aperture flip-down peeps with adjustable elevation, I knew Magpul would come through :D Now if they would offer a front sight post as slim as KAC Micro in their brilliantly efficient folding mechanism of the front MBUS PRO.

opngrnd
01-09-15, 11:38
I like this. I'm very interested in this year's offerings from Magpul.

henschman
01-09-15, 11:50
Looks more comparable to the Matech than the KAC. The even spacing between meter settings indicates to me it is a BDC cam-type design that is set up to match the trajectory of a particular load out of a particular length barrel and a particular sight radius, rather than the KAC, which has nice consistent click values so you can dope out your come-ups with any rifle and load.

Paradis1142
01-09-15, 12:15
Looks nice

SPQR476
01-09-15, 12:16
Sweet! Same-plane, dual-aperture flip-down peeps with adjustable elevation, I knew Magpul would come through :D Now if they would offer a front sight post as slim as KAC Micro in their brilliantly efficient folding mechanism of the front MBUS PRO.

You'll see a NM width front sight post shortly. Should be $10-15. Screws in to replace the standard front. You may see a dedicated sku in time, pre-installed. It's just been really busy. In a few days, you'll start seeing why. :-)

SPQR476
01-09-15, 12:24
The ballistic profile was generated by taking 3 different sight radii, 4 different calibers, 5 different bbl lengths, and 3 different DA windows, finding a centroid, and tweaking to be really close for some standard applications. You'll be pretty close out to 4 with most setups and conditions, and in the right atmospherics, some common stuff is pretty close to right on out to 6. We give you the angular come ups in the instructions, though, so you can dope for your exact application. It's also possible to do a custom cam wheel, but it would have to be for large numbers. The wheel though, is pretty slick, and very robust.

The sight IS, however, 1 MOA repeatable on a carbine sight radius flipping up/down and torqueing around, and actually well within that unless you have worst case tolerancing. Lower than that on rifle length sight radius. We spent a LOT of time tweaking this. The repeatability tweaks have actually also been incorporated into the regular MBUS Pros, too.

markm
01-09-15, 12:27
It's just been really busy. In a few days, you'll start seeing why. :-)

Sounds interesting.

jerrysimons
01-09-15, 12:42
You'll see a NM width front sight post shortly. Should be $10-15. Screws in to replace the standard front. You may see a dedicated sku in time, pre-installed. It's just been really busy. In a few days, you'll start seeing why. :-)

:cool:

26 Inf
01-09-15, 16:20
The repeatability tweaks have actually also been incorporated into the regular MBUS Pros, too.

How can you tell if you are getting an MBUS Pro with those tweaks? Any indicators of what is old production versus new? Getting ready to buy a set, Thanks.

SPQR476
01-09-15, 17:03
We actually put most of them in very early...they've been shipping this way since we fixed the base issue right out of the gate. There's still one more upgrade that is being incorporated into the original MBUS pro line over the next few months (already in the offsets and LRs), but it deals with a minute tracking upgrade on windage when you make large adjustments, and unless you're capable of shooting 1/2 MOA groups with irons and make a lot of 10 MOA + adjustments, you'll never even notice it. The only way we even found it as an area to improve is measuring stuff on optical comparators. We couldn't even detect it with the laser testing. We're just anal.

Otherwise, the accuracy of the sights once adjusted is unaffected.

The whole line is pretty crazy repeatable for folders in general, but why deal with a wobbly, imprecise sight just to get folding capability, right?

Wake27
01-09-15, 19:07
Hearing about all of the research straight from the company makes me like MP's stuff so much more, even if it would never make a difference to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benito
01-09-15, 22:02
Cool. Looking forward to seeing what Magpul has up its sleeve. A National Match front sight post sounds like something that will find its way onto my AR.

It seems every SHOT Show there are more and more trinkets to keep up with.
The number of AR accessories is too damn high!!!!

26 Inf
01-09-15, 22:23
Duane - Thanks for the response, I appreciate the info.

superstratjunky
01-10-15, 14:49
Looks really good. Any plans to offer sets?

Hank6046
01-11-15, 08:48
I never thought that I'd be debating between Magpul or Knight's Arm. for a quality rear sight, probably still go with Knight's but good for Magpul.

SPQR476
01-11-15, 13:52
Looks really good. Any plans to offer sets?

We've talked about coupling the LR rear with a variant of the front with the NM post already installed, but if we do offer the NM post installed in a front, we'll probably keep them a la carte, so you can couple the fine post front with a regular MBUS pro rear, if so desired, without a huge increase in sku count.

superstratjunky
01-11-15, 17:36
Gotcha, thanks.

falconman515
01-11-15, 22:51
So this new LR option is just the rear and is to be used with the standard MBUS Pro front sight correct? There will be no new front sight option?

I would assume not since this is the Long Range version and that has nothing to do with the front sight.

Just bought a set of Pro's ... thinking I may return and buy just the front and order the LR for the rear.

Wake27
01-11-15, 23:12
So this new LR option is just the rear and is to be used with the standard MBUS Pro front sight correct? There will be no new front sight option?

I would assume not since this is the Long Range version and that has nothing to do with the front sight.

Just bought a set of Pro's ... thinking I may return and buy just the front and order the LR for the rear.

Not an entirely new front sight but a National Match post that will be thinner for more precise shots.

falconman515
01-11-15, 23:48
Did they show any info on the new front sight?

cbx
01-12-15, 12:06
I agree magpul has been releasing some cool things lately.

Wake27
01-12-15, 12:35
Did they show any info on the new front sight?

No, Duane just mentioned it a few posts back.

DreadPirateMoyer
01-12-15, 13:44
We actually put most of them in very early...they've been shipping this way since we fixed the base issue right out of the gate. There's still one more upgrade that is being incorporated into the original MBUS pro line over the next few months (already in the offsets and LRs), but it deals with a minute tracking upgrade on windage when you make large adjustments, and unless you're capable of shooting 1/2 MOA groups with irons and make a lot of 10 MOA + adjustments, you'll never even notice it. The only way we even found it as an area to improve is measuring stuff on optical comparators. We couldn't even detect it with the laser testing. We're just anal.

Otherwise, the accuracy of the sights once adjusted is unaffected.

The whole line is pretty crazy repeatable for folders in general, but why deal with a wobbly, imprecise sight just to get folding capability, right?

That's awesome! So if we swapped our original MBUS Pros because they had the cant problem on the base, the ones we got in return incorporated the first upgrade you mentioned earlier in the thread?

SPQR476
01-13-15, 01:54
That is correct, sir. New tolerancing.

unclemoak
01-18-15, 12:13
It figures they come out with these two weeks after I order a set of Pro's.

falconman515
01-18-15, 15:40
It figures they come out with these two weeks after I order a set of Pro's.

Exactly what I thought.

I have30 days to return mine to Amazon ... I may do so if these comeup for sale in the next few weeks.

Jaysop
05-16-15, 17:44
Any update on when these will be out? Or maybe I'm blind and don't see them for sale anywhere

SPQR476
05-16-15, 18:02
Been available since right after SHOT. Available a bunch of places. http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/rear-sights/ar-15-m16-mbus-pro-lr-adjustable-rear-sight-prod74990.aspx

Jaysop
05-16-15, 18:09
WOW I feel like an idiot! I figured it would have been a few months before release.
I don't know how I've missed it.
Thanks

cfrock
05-16-15, 18:40
Been available since right after SHOT. Available a bunch of places. http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/rear-sights/ar-15-m16-mbus-pro-lr-adjustable-rear-sight-prod74990.aspx

Where are you guys with the thinner NM post part for the PRO? Been waiting patiently for that to drop? Is it still in the works or shelved for now?
Thanks.

lazerblazer
05-20-15, 14:31
We've talked about coupling the LR rear with a variant of the front with the NM post already installed, but if we do offer the NM post installed in a front, we'll probably keep them a la carte, so you can couple the fine post front with a regular MBUS pro rear, if so desired, without a huge increase in sku count.
Hello, any word on the NM post being available or is it still in the works?

SPQR476
05-20-15, 14:49
Yes, actually it should be very soon. We'll actually be moving to all sights coming with a rectangular post, so if you want the wide post, it's one way, screw it out, turn 90 deg and screw it back in for NM. We should have that available for retrofit shortly, and eventually, it will be the standard front sight post that the sights ship with.

plouffedaddy
05-20-15, 15:43
Yes, actually it should be very soon. We'll actually be moving to all sights coming with a rectangular post, so if you want the wide post, it's one way, screw it out, turn 90 deg and screw it back in for NM. We should have that available for retrofit shortly, and eventually, it will be the standard front sight post that the sights ship with.

Nice.

tacoops
12-01-16, 07:02
What yardage do you zero these sights? Have a pair arriving today and will be zeroing them this weekend. The rifle I'll be installing these on will be a BCM mid length 16in using 55gr 5.56.

Thanks

Eurodriver
12-01-16, 11:35
What yardage do you zero these sights? Have a pair arriving today and will be zeroing them this weekend. The rifle I'll be installing these on will be a BCM mid length 16in using 55gr 5.56.

Thanks

300 yards will provide enough leeway in bullet drop to get you on target throughout the range of adjustment.