PDA

View Full Version : SilencerCo Releasing Blue Label Program at Shot Show

IrishPride
01-09-15, 09:41
A little preview to whats to come at Shot Show....... SilencerCo will be releasing a new LE/Military/First Responder program that will make you have to own a SilencerCo silencer. This will be the Glock Blue Label program for silencers except better!!!!!!!!!!! Prices are going to be awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Look for more info to come from SilencerCo. If you are one of the Following then this will apply to you:

• Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City
o Includes retired L.E. officers with “retired credentials
• EMT’s, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
• Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D.
o Includes retired Military with “retired” credentials
• Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
• Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys.
• LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy

bjw182005
01-09-15, 10:04
If this goes is released and prices are good. I see myself spending quite a bit more money with them.

Treehopr
01-09-15, 12:26
I was debating between an Octane or a Ti-rant, this pretty much seals it for me. May even end up getting a SpecWar too

skydivr
01-09-15, 12:40
Very cool!!!

CRAMBONE
01-09-15, 13:03
About damn time. I'm ready to see some prices and options. I have two tubes on my list for this year.

Wake27
01-09-15, 13:20
I have a lot of brand loyalty for SureFire but am very curious to see how this pans out.

DWood
01-09-15, 13:34
I knew I shouldn't have retired. LOL

domestique
01-09-15, 15:14

Edit: unless you meant non-military profession.

IrishPride
01-09-15, 15:38
Revision:
• Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City
• EMT’s, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
• Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D.
• Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
• State Licensed Security Companies ( Loomis, Ram, Etc.)
o State Licensed Armed Security Officers
• Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys.
• LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy

wtturn
01-09-15, 15:51
wow.

this is bad news for my wallet.

SteveL
01-09-15, 17:38
Well this pretty much seals the deal between an Octane 9 and Tirant 9 for me. It's so awesome when companies include fire/rescue in these programs.

mrvip27
01-09-15, 18:08
I was debating between an Octane or a Ti-rant, this pretty much seals it for me. May even end up getting a SpecWar too

Or get the new Omega ;)

nimdabew
01-09-15, 19:03
Bah. No commercial pilots.

TAZ
01-09-15, 20:31
When do they announce the SilencerCo club that gives us mortals access to the blue label pricing once a year.

Serpico1985
01-09-15, 22:04
Will it matter if your personally owning vs having a trust? Locally trust is the only way to get one in my area.

LoveAR
01-09-15, 22:38
When do they announce the SilencerCo club that gives us mortals access to the blue label pricing once a year.

Yes...I have huge respect for all LEO but why not the civilian USA law abiding Americans too?

BigWaylon
01-09-15, 22:56
Or you should be able to join after a certain number of purchases outside of the program. I'd like to think the dozen I've paid for earns me some kind of frequent buyer discount.

Sikiguya
01-09-15, 22:59
Happy that the men and women of the law enforcement community getting a break! They haven't got much recently.

BuzzinSATX
01-09-15, 23:25
I'm thankful SilencerCo came out with this program. Yeah, I'm eligible, and yeah, I've spent plenty of time away from my family in some pretty "exotic" shitholes on this mudball during a 28 year AF career, but nothing like many of my Army and Marine brothers and sisters. Truly grateful for their sacrifice and the crap they put up with on long deployments

Also appreciate the fact that our Firefighters and LEO's are feeling the love. Siki said a mouthful when he said our Blue Force folks haven't been feeling much appreciation lately.

Y'all who are complaining that you aren't feeling the love from SilencerCo, well, I'm sorry about that. But the fifty or a hundred bucks or so (whatever the discount is) the folks will save on this program doesn't come close to the sacrifice they have already paid in time away from families, time spent keeping other Americans safe in this country, or time spent working lousy shifts, prepared to go out in unknown conditions to save lives. It's an earned benefit from a grateful vendor.

We all choose our paths, for many reasons. And for those of you who honorably served, regardless how long, thank you very much for your service.

CRAMBONE
01-10-15, 00:11

Here's some links to a few clubs you can join to get the discounted pricing.

https://www.usajobs.gov
http://www.marines.com/home
http://www.goarmy.com
http://www.nationalguard.com

SteyrAUG
01-10-15, 00:38
Because it worked so well for Glock.

Now everyone who knows a cop or a fireman will expect to buy at "Blue Label" prices and dealers won't be able to sell the standard model for more than $10 above cost.

nate89
01-10-15, 00:47
I think it might be different that a firearm being bought blue label. With a gun, an LE or Mil person can buy it at the discount, and turn around and either sell it or give it to a friend who will pay them back. In most states (at least here in Utah) it's no big deal to trade or sell guns to another resident of the same state. NFA items are not going to be like that. Even if you want to buy for someone else, you will probably have to buy it and put it in your name ($200 stamp), then if you want to transfer it to your friend looking for a deal, it's more waiting and another 200 bucks to the ATF. Probably not worth the hassle or extra tax money. That could be wrong though.

heartbreakridge01
01-10-15, 06:31

That's some funny shit right there!

Jer
01-10-15, 09:40
I think it might be different that a firearm being bought blue label. With a gun, an LE or Mil person can buy it at the discount, and turn around and either sell it or give it to a friend who will pay them back. In most states (at least here in Utah) it's no big deal to trade or sell guns to another resident of the same state. NFA items are not going to be like that. Even if you want to buy for someone else, you will probably have to buy it and put it in your name ($200 stamp), then if you want to transfer it to your friend looking for a deal, it's more waiting and another 200 bucks to the ATF. Probably not worth the hassle or extra tax money. That could be wrong though.

Once the Form 3 clears LE buyer can simply 'change his mind' & knows a guy who will pay the same & do paperwork. At that point it's up to the dealer to decide to let them have it for the same price or sit in it in inventory trying to make more money on an item they could just as easy turn over for the minimum profit they had planned to. Same to them no matter who shows up w/money to do paperwork.

The Glock program is widely abused & this will be too.

docsherm
01-10-15, 09:50

Now everyone who knows a cop or a fireman will expect to buy at "Blue Label" prices and dealers won't be able to sell the standard model for more than $10 above cost.

I am an AAC guy but I may have to look into this more. I am in the market for a .22 and a pistol can. Thank you SilencerCo.

It will be a bit different since their is the NFA. Not as easy for a person to buy it and "sell" it to a friend. Too many hoops to make it worth while.

PatrioticDisorder
01-10-15, 10:58
This is excellent news for individuals eligible, so long as they don't jack up the prices for the rest of us regulars... :p

LoveAR
01-10-15, 11:17
Happy that the men and women of the law enforcement community getting a break! They haven't got much recently.

Me too. I should not have made such a selfish comment. I am happy for them too.

TAZ
01-10-15, 12:37

LOL. Don't think those clubs want someone as old and banged up as me. I was not being serious by the way.

IrishPride
01-10-15, 14:35
I have received many Pm’s about people who are either concerned, hurt or feel that they have been left out. I am attaching a reply to a gentlemen’s PM I received that I felt I should explain a little more. Reply to PM in in RED. Name is left out of the person who PM me and I have added a few other things to speak to some other concerns. So here it is. Thanks…..

XXXXXXXX,

First off let me say thank you for your service. Secondly I do not work for SilencerCo nor do I speak for them. This info leaked was just something that I found extraordinary, as this will be the first in the silencer community. DOD and others (Disabled and Veterans) will not and are not forgotten. We give thanks and appreciation to all!!!! This was an attempt to share info as a generalization. What you do for my family and country goes further then you will ever know so I say thank you. If I may, I would like to share some key points that most may have not looked at mostly because the info that was shared was just the beginning and all will be clear when released at Shot Show. With that said, may I ask a few questions?

Do you prefer not to buy Glock, Smith-Wesson, Ruger, FNH, Sig Sauer, Taurus, Beretta etc…. ? All these manufactures have an LE/Military program. Great programs at that, but all have criteria. Some better then others, but not all the same. I understand that people who do not always meet the criteria of the manufacture still receive discounts on these products, but the discounts aren’t coming from the manufactures unless you fall under there criteria. The people who don’t fall under the criteria are given discounts by the dealers who are thankful and appreciate what individuals do for our country. SilencerCo is trying to bring the BEST!!!!

Did you know that not one single Silencer Manufacture offers a LE/Military discount program? Yes, you may be able to call up and receive 10% off or better, but still have to meet criteria. The reality is most dealers are already giving you this discount because the appreciation they have for all MEN/Women and what you all do and have done for our country. Dealers are selling their products for minimum over their price, not because they have to, but because they want to show appreciation.

I guess what I'm trying to say is SilencerCo is very much appreciative to all Men/Women who proudly serve and have served our country. They are proud and thankful for everyone who has served whether it was short term or long term. This is why they are starting a program that not one Silencer manufacture had dreamed about. This is not to alienate or discriminate against anyone or show that one group is better then the next. This is to help the men and women who serve and have served our great nation. Goes to say that most if not all manufactures feel proud and blessed to have you buy there products and Love each and everyone of you. SilencerCo just took it a step further in the silencer community.

In regards to you wanting SilencerCo products and now you feel like you were discriminated against and want to look else where. First and fore most you were thinking of purchasing these products (I Presume) because of the great quality and performance, reliability, innovation , excellent customer support and price point. This has not change in what the product is. SilencerCo makes phenomenal products.

Either way you lean I wish you the best in all your endeavors and glad to see that you are at least thinking of buying a silencer any silencer. They are awesome in everyway and a great way to save your ears and make shooting more enjoyable. God Bless and Thank you once again for everything you do for our great nation.

With all that said Silencerco or any other manufacture is not out to discriminate or leave anyone out. There are great dealers out there who take care of both LE/Military and commercial. Hope this clears some stuff up, but most will be cleared come Shot Show.

heartbreakridge01
01-10-15, 17:04
Why are people butt hurt over this? Discriminated against? Seriously?

SpeedRacer
01-10-15, 17:20
I have received many Pm’s about people who are either concerned, hurt or feel that they have been left out.

Surely you jest.

JG007
01-10-15, 18:09
All of the firearms manufacturers that offer LE programs are held in higher regard by me

CRAMBONE
01-10-15, 19:59
LOL. Don't think those clubs want someone as old and banged up as me. I was not being serious by the way.

Me either. Well not completely. 👹

Renegade
01-10-15, 20:17
Disappointed they are not including Veterans. Only Active, Reserve and Retired.

99% of the MIL folks I know are not in those categories. They served their time 2/4/6 years whatever and are out.

Renegade
01-10-15, 20:22

Yep. Folks are adding Gramps to the Trust as I type.

skydivr
01-10-15, 20:57

THIS cracks me up that's the post of the week :)

czgunner
01-10-15, 23:27
I wonder if they will include disabled combat veterans who couldn't retire?

domestique
01-11-15, 00:35

You Sir, should get one for free.

Renegade
01-11-15, 11:28

That is my point in post 34. So far it looks like No.

docsherm
01-11-15, 11:36

Medical retired is retired. If you are medicaly retired with a high enough %, from the MIL, you should have the same ID card as those that retire with 20 plus years. Your ID should say RETIRED on it.

shooterfpga
01-11-15, 11:47
Disappointed they are not including Veterans. Only Active, Reserve and Retired.

99% of the MIL folks I know are not in those categories. They served their time 2/4/6 years whatever and are out.
Talk to the rep when the line becomes available. Many of the leo/mil sales may say for active duty but when you talk to them theyll include veterans. Just ask. Also many leo/mil sales reps are in many companies that may not even advertise as having one.

IrishPride
01-11-15, 14:04
Talk to the rep when the line becomes available. Many of the leo/mil sales may say for active duty but when you talk to them theyll include veterans. Just ask. Also many leo/mil sales reps are in many companies that may not even advertise as having one.

^^ THIS ^^ !!!!!!

tostado22
01-11-15, 14:16
Well I know which can I'm getting now

Jer
01-11-15, 14:18
Well I know which can I'm getting now

Octane 9 HD? ;)

scoutfsu99
01-11-15, 15:32
Medical retired is retired. If you are medicaly retired with a high enough %, from the MIL, you should have the same ID card as those that retire with 20 plus years. Your ID should say RETIRED on it.

Exactly.

Also, IMO, just bc a dude did a 2/4/6/whatever hitch XX many years ago doesn't mean they should qualify for these types of programs. If the company decides they do, then cool. I don't think being in the .mil however many years or years ago should be an automatic in unless you're retired or med-ed out for legit reasons.

shooterfpga
01-11-15, 15:46
Medically retired id for army should say "davprm"

JG007
01-11-15, 19:30
By comparison, I think being a current cop should count for a gov discount, but not if a guy was a cop for four years then left to do something else. May just make sense to me though

KalashniKEV
01-11-15, 19:37
I'm not complaining at all, and frankly I'm embarrassed for those who are.

At the same time, it looks like they cut and pasted the same eligibility as every other Blue Label program, to include mall cops and lawyers.

It's their business to run as they see fit, but I would revise it to say:

Active and Retired LE
Active and Retired Military
Service Disabled Veterans/ LEOs out for disability

...and none of that other stuff.

As written, service disabled veterans who are not medically retired do not qualify.

(Again... I am NOT complaining at all... only commenting...)

Talk to the rep when the line becomes available. Many of the leo/mil sales may say for active duty but when you talk to them theyll include veterans.

This.

All the Blue Label Programs are so abused anyway.

DWood
01-11-15, 19:39
By comparison, I think being a current cop should count for a gov discount, but not if a guy was a cop for four years then left to do something else. May just make sense to me though

They would not be:
Includes retired L.E. officers with “retired credentials

tostado22
01-11-15, 20:13
Octane 9 HD? ;)

That's one on my list lol! But it had been a toss up between AAC and silencerco for a rifle can.

KalashniKEV
01-11-15, 20:58
Octane 9 HD? ;)

Hopefully we'll see something similar to the Griffin Revo at SHOT.

That's one on my list lol! But it had been a toss up between AAC and silencerco for a rifle can.

If you want an AAC can, you better grab one quick before they go out of business. ;)

SteyrAUG
01-12-15, 02:09
All the Blue Label Programs are so abused anyway.

Yep, when Glock first started all they did was lower the market price of their product because FFL prices are hardly state secrets. Overnight $495 handguns became $450 handguns. Didn't matter to me, I was still making the same markup and simply switched to buying blue labels from my LE supplier. If you were a FFL who couldn't get blue label Glocks you either sold red labels for $3 markups or you sat on your Glocks forever.

Then Glock started requiring PD letters for purchase for every blue label Glock. I simply stopped selling Glocks because the price expectation never changed. Now all kinds of people such as paramedics can qualify for blue label Glocks but I can't order one for them because I'm not a Glock stocking dealer and all my LE suppliers don't consider "paramedic" as a qualified purchaser and insist on PD purchase letters.

Bottom line is "blue label" programs are stupid. If you want to do special MIL/LE pricing then it's very easy, if you are current law enforcement just have your department purchase directly from the manufacturer like they do with just about everything else.

If the item in question is issued to the military, again discounts can be applied to purchased by the military. But when you create "discount programs" and then still expect gun shops and FFLs to handle those transactions the manufacturer is basically "fixing prices" for the dealer and that never works well. The only bigger disaster is MAP rules which once again regulate the dealer.

Now as a dealer I offered MIL / LE discounts for years. But that was ME deciding I was going to accept a lower markup as both a thank you for service and as a means of attracting those kinds of customers with a price incentive.

I swear people who sell dining room furniture don't have to deal with this crap. I'm a gun dealer, I try and make money selling guns. I'm always mystified when firearms manufacturers make it more difficult to sell their product. Never in my life have I heard of a couch company that made it hard for a furniture store to sell their product.

IrishPride
01-12-15, 05:39
edited…….

heartbreakridge01
01-12-15, 08:13
Yep, when Glock first started all they did was lower the market price of their product because FFL prices are hardly state secrets. Overnight $495 handguns became $450 handguns. Didn't matter to me, I was still making the same markup and simply switched to buying blue labels from my LE supplier. If you were a FFL who couldn't get blue label Glocks you either sold red labels for $3 markups or you sat on your Glocks forever.

Then Glock started requiring PD letters for purchase for every blue label Glock. I simply stopped selling Glocks because the price expectation never changed. Now all kinds of people such as paramedics can qualify for blue label Glocks but I can't order one for them because I'm not a Glock stocking dealer and all my LE suppliers don't consider "paramedic" as a qualified purchaser and insist on PD purchase letters.

Bottom line is "blue label" programs are stupid. If you want to do special MIL/LE pricing then it's very easy, if you are current law enforcement just have your department purchase directly from the manufacturer like they do with just about everything else.

If the item in question is issued to the military, again discounts can be applied to purchased by the military. But when you create "discount programs" and then still expect gun shops and FFLs to handle those transactions the manufacturer is basically "fixing prices" for the dealer and that never works well. The only bigger disaster is MAP rules which once again regulate the dealer.

Now as a dealer I offered MIL / LE discounts for years. But that was ME deciding I was going to accept a lower markup as both a thank you for service and as a means of attracting those kinds of customers with a price incentive.

I swear people who sell dining room furniture don't have to deal with this crap. I'm a gun dealer, I try and make money selling guns. I'm always mystified when firearms manufacturers make it more difficult to sell their product. Never in my life have I heard of a couch company that made it hard for a furniture store to sell their product.

So the manufacture does not compensate the dealer for the discounted item they are offering the discount on? I was kinda thinking it worked like a company coupon at the grocery store. If the store honors the manufacture coupon for that price point they are compensated by the company once all the paperwork is filed with the company.

I don't see why a gun manufacture wouldn't do the same thing, they probably don't give a shit though as they are probably making a handsome profit per pistol either way.

SteyrAUG
01-13-15, 00:44
So the manufacture does not compensate the dealer for the discounted item they are offering the discount on? I was kinda thinking it worked like a company coupon at the grocery store. If the store honors the manufacture coupon for that price point they are compensated by the company once all the paperwork is filed with the company.

I don't see why a gun manufacture wouldn't do the same thing, they probably don't give a shit though as they are probably making a handsome profit per pistol either way.

Maybe if you are a Glock stocking dealer, which I never was just because I didn't want to buy all the necessary swag to qualify, but otherwise no. You'd be amazed at some of the BS that goes along with selling guns.

IrishPride
01-13-15, 09:34

Just FYI --- I do not work for SilencerCo nor do I speak for them, but I do have some inside info that I am being granted permission to disclose. With that said what I originally posted was just a generalization of what the program is, not how the program is. SilencerCo has not forgotten anyone and has a Love and Respect for Every Service Man and Women and beyond. SilencerCo loves all of its customers (commercial and LE/Military) and that is why they are going above and beyond for everyone. When I originally stated " Glock Blue Label Program" for Silencers, but BETTER I meant just that.

This is not new info, but not relayed in original post as the original post was just a generalization. Disabled Veterans and Honorable Discharged Vets with a DD214 are included in this program. SilencerCo wanted to make sure all were included to the best of their ability. They understand the sacrifices and the love that you all have for our nation whether it be for minimal years of service or lifetime of service. This is why I say this program is better in every way. Hope this info helps. The actual program name will be released at Shot Show. There are more details, but like I originally stated SilencerCo will be releasing a public statement soon.

Voodoo_Man
01-13-15, 09:36
I'll stop by the booth at SHOT and ask about this.

I have my finger hovering over a 762 saker and not the harvester omega.

So this comes at a great time!

Saab95v6
01-13-15, 09:42

Exactly !!!!! Thanks for bring this up.

steyrman13
01-13-15, 11:26

Military purchasing works nothing like the PD purchases. The military can't purchase anything for the member to have as a personal item typically, Especially a firearm.
S&W did this program but in the form of a mail in rebate. But Mail-in-rebates are typically a pain for the consumer so Glock and FN do it direct. I thought that the dealer got different pricing on the Blue label guns which accounts for the price difference. That is not realy price fixing, because they are giving you a discount on the gun from the wholesale price of the red label glocks.

ChrisG19
01-13-15, 12:19
The program will also apply to all honorably discharged service members.

sidewaysil80
01-13-15, 12:49
First off, good for them. I too have been an AAC user but will start supporting them because of their thoughtfulness towards mil/first responders.

My main reason for posting is because I am in shock that someone had the audacity to say they felt "discriminated" as a result of this program. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I truly feel bad for someone who is that spiteful or hypersensitive.

It's nice to see a company offer a "thank you" for putting up with the long hours, inherent danger, and possibility of sacrifice that the qualifying industries have to deal with.

SteyrAUG
01-13-15, 13:59
That is not realy price fixing, because they are giving you a discount on the gun from the wholesale price of the red label glocks.

Not really. Most dealers couldn't get blue label Glocks. There was a reason I simply stopped selling Glocks and it wasn't because I don't like making money. Let me really simplify it.

Standard Glocks are $440 + S/H. So for many years typical retail prices were about $495.00

Blue Label LE Glocks were introduced at $400 + S/H which lowered price expectation for everyone to about $450.

If you were a FFL who could get Blue Label Glocks you simply sold them for $450 and made almost the same amount of money. If you couldn't get Blue Label Glocks you were SOL.

Then because everyone was selling Blue Labels to anyone, because that was the only way to actually make money, Glock tried to fix the Blue Label program and require proof of purchase. So suddenly you needed a LE letterhead to get a Blue Label but this never changed public perception and "average joe" wasn't going to pay more than $450 for a Glock even though standard (red label) Glocks were still $440 + S/H.

Now Glock is trying to undo some of the damage and I've seen people who are in no way a first responder qualify to purchase a blue label, but guess what...Glock has so screwed up things that I still can't get Blue Label glocks without a PD letterhead from my LE suppliers and I'd actually lose money if I tried to fill those orders with red label Glocks because it typically costs $15 to ship one.

So I simply just don't sell Glocks anymore. And it's all because of their stupid blue label program. Glock should just sell Glocks and have ONE PRICE for dealers and if any additional discounts are applied it should be to the guy who buys 50 or more. That's it, nothing else. No paramedic, LE or day care worker discounts.

Additionally, markets change from location to location. Glocks will sell for a higher price in a prosperous city with a decent population, this is good because the operating costs for that dealer will be much higher. At the same time in a very rural market, possible markup potential won't be nearly as high. This is why dealers need to set prices and don't need the rug yanked out from under them by the manufacturer trying to dictate how they operate, who they sell to and at what price.

If I sold exclusively Glock products, I would have been forced out of business years ago.

Eurodriver
01-13-15, 14:22
The program will also apply to all honorably discharged service members.

Do you have a source?
Because I haven't read this
If true, this adds to the discourse.

IrishPride
01-13-15, 14:25
I think you numbers are a little off, but thats ok because SilencerCo's Program is structured completely different. Glock and SilencerCo are completely different in the way there programs are structured, but I get where you coming from. Time will tell.:cool:

ChrisG19
01-13-15, 14:49
Do you have a source?
Because I haven't read this
If true, this adds to the discourse.

Sorry, I can't divulge the source but it is one I trust.

steyrman13
01-13-15, 16:31
Not really. Most dealers couldn't get blue label Glocks. There was a reason I simply stopped selling Glocks and it wasn't because I don't like making money. Let me really simplify it.

Standard Glocks are $440 + S/H. So for many years typical retail prices were about $495.00

Blue Label LE Glocks were introduced at $400 + S/H which lowered price expectation for everyone to about $450.

If you were a FFL who could get Blue Label Glocks you simply sold them for $450 and made almost the same amount of money. If you couldn't get Blue Label Glocks you were SOL.

Then because everyone was selling Blue Labels to anyone, because that was the only way to actually make money, Glock tried to fix the Blue Label program and require proof of purchase. So suddenly you needed a LE letterhead to get a Blue Label but this never changed public perception and "average joe" wasn't going to pay more than $450 for a Glock even though standard (red label) Glocks were still $440 + S/H.

Now Glock is trying to undo some of the damage and I've seen people who are in no way a first responder qualify to purchase a blue label, but guess what...Glock has so screwed up things that I still can't get Blue Label glocks without a PD letterhead from my LE suppliers and I'd actually lose money if I tried to fill those orders with red label Glocks because it typically costs $15 to ship one.

So I simply just don't sell Glocks anymore. And it's all because of their stupid blue label program. Glock should just sell Glocks and have ONE PRICE for dealers and if any additional discounts are applied it should be to the guy who buys 50 or more. That's it, nothing else. No paramedic, LE or day care worker discounts.

Additionally, markets change from location to location. Glocks will sell for a higher price in a prosperous city with a decent population, this is good because the operating costs for that dealer will be much higher. At the same time in a very rural market, possible markup potential won't be nearly as high. This is why dealers need to set prices and don't need the rug yanked out from under them by the manufacturer trying to dictate how they operate, who they sell to and at what price.

If I sold exclusively Glock products, I would have been forced out of business years ago.

So it sounds like the dealers really messed up the program for other dealers by selling to people who didn't qualify. In my area, the dealers either by in such bulk/stocking dealer, or they bought from a supplier at the quoted prices above and only sold after seeing credentials. Stores like Bass Pro still sold glocks for $575-650 and people pay it even in the country rural areas. People still are selling Glocks on used boards/facebook for 500-600. Some people won't pay that because they qualify for the discounted Glocks, but you can only get black and not FDE/OD.

SteyrAUG
01-13-15, 17:02
So it sounds like the dealers really messed up the program for other dealers by selling to people who didn't qualify. In my area, the dealers either by in such bulk/stocking dealer, or they bought from a supplier at the quoted prices above and only sold after seeing credentials. Stores like Bass Pro still sold glocks for $575-650 and people pay it even in the country rural areas. People still are selling Glocks on used boards/facebook for 500-600. Some people won't pay that because they qualify for the discounted Glocks, but you can only get black and not FDE/OD.

Yeah, those dealers really screwed things up by not taking a $5 loss on each Glock sale. Again, there is a reason I stopped selling Glocks and it wasn't because I don't like making money.

steyrman13
01-13-15, 17:13
Yeah, those dealers really screwed things up by not taking a $5 loss on each Glock sale. Again, there is a reason I stopped selling Glocks and it wasn't because I don't like making money.

I'm tracking how it wasn't profitable for you, But I'm saying the dealers that were selling to people who didn't qualify are the reason the program screwed up the perception and pricing structure. Like I said too though, people STILL bought Glocks for 575-650 at Bass Pro and Academy while the prices at the LGS were only $525 for non-le and 450 for LE/Mil.

SteyrAUG
01-13-15, 23:23
I'm tracking how it wasn't profitable for you, But I'm saying the dealers that were selling to people who didn't qualify are the reason the program screwed up the perception and pricing structure. Like I said too though, people STILL bought Glocks for 575-650 at Bass Pro and Academy while the prices at the LGS were only $525 for non-le and 450 for LE/Mil.

The problem is very few people paid those prices at Bass Pro and Academy. The gun community is notorious for finding out bottom dollar prices. Obviously first time gun buyers will pay those prices at those stores but 80% of the gun buying community was unwilling to pay $455.00 for a Glock.

I remember doing Glock group buys at $450 out the door. Thats sales tax and call in, everything...and I was having a hard time getting my 10 person minimum. Eventually I stopped doing them and that was when I could still get blue label Glocks. Even today I don't see anyone moving Glocks higher than $450 with any regularity.

The bottom line is you can't have two tier pricing because at the end of the day EVERYONE feels entitled to the lowest price. They will talk a good game about respecting LE and the military, etc. but nobody purposely pays a higher price if they don't have to.

Eurodriver
01-14-15, 06:10
The problem is very few people paid those prices at Bass Pro and Academy. The gun community is notorious for finding out bottom dollar prices. Obviously first time gun buyers will pay those prices at those stores but 80% of the gun buying community was unwilling to pay $455.00 for a Glock.

I remember doing Glock group buys at $450 out the door. Thats sales tax and call in, everything...and I was having a hard time getting my 10 person minimum. Eventually I stopped doing them and that was when I could still get blue label Glocks. Even today I don't see anyone moving Glocks higher than $450 with any regularity.

The bottom line is you can't have two tier pricing because at the end of the day EVERYONE feels entitled to the lowest price. They will talk a good game about respecting LE and the military, etc. but nobody purposely pays a higher price if they don't have to.

As you know, I am a FL Resident. I will gladly pay $500 OTD for a NIB Gen 4 G19. (I'm actually serious, if you have an FFL and can hook it up...) In fact, I might even buy two.

I have bought a Blue Label Gen 3 G17...for $475. Prices are not that low. I have no idea, but I personally went to several gun stores yesterday and Red Label Gen 3 9mm Glocks were $529 and Gen 4s were $579. I saw a Gen4 G21 with a $699 price tag. I can take pics if you don't believe me.

Granted, these aren't exactly flying off the shelves and they will cut 3% if you pay cash (if you ask) but still...

PatrioticDisorder
01-14-15, 07:02
As you know, I am a FL Resident. I will gladly pay $500 OTD for a NIB Gen 4 G19. (I'm actually serious, if you have an FFL and can hook it up...) In fact, I might even buy two.

I have bought a Blue Label Gen 3 G17...for $475. Prices are not that low. I have no idea, but I personally went to several gun stores yesterday and Red Label Gen 3 9mm Glocks were $529 and Gen 4s were $579. I saw a Gen4 G21 with a $699 price tag. I can take pics if you don't believe me.

Granted, these aren't exactly flying off the shelves and they will cut 3% if you pay cash (if you ask) but still...

Another south Florida guy here and I'll concur with Euro although I seem to find somewhat better prices locally at one store only, Gen 4s $550, Gen 3s $500 & 45s $650... Not sure exactly where you are Euro but I know a blue label dealer in Broward who won't rip you off.

USMC_Anglico
01-14-15, 07:58
I guess this proves the adage "no good deed goes unpunished"

I say good for anyone who provides these discounts, at the same time I don't hold it against any business that doesn't. This is America and free markets are something that make us great. I'm proud to serve to ensure that continues. Not sure where all the butt hurt is coming from.

As far as Glocks, when I bought my blue labels, I had to show my ID and my dealer had to verify it with their supplier before they could get them in and transfer them to me. This has been the case over several years with them (I think the first one I picked up was in 2006 or so). YMMV.

Jmacken37
01-14-15, 12:07

SteyrAUG
01-14-15, 12:41

If I could still GET Blue Label Glocks, I'd hook you up.

DWood
01-14-15, 15:11

LOL, I retired from the fire service after 37 years so this Silencerco discount is not available for me. I'm good with that. I have always appreciated when a company has included first responders, firefighters in my case, in a discount program. I have never expected it, but if offered, I will gladly accept and say thank you.

But lets face it, this discount is from a company that makes silencers. The average individual purchasing will be buying for personal, not duty use. If Silencerco is gracious enough to offer this to any group, I see that as their choice. Why all this talk of Glock's program in a thread about another company's decision to offer a discount to whomever they decide? Thank you Silencerco for offering this to individuals whose service YOU value.

PS I was blessed to "work" 37 years at a job I loved going to every day, and was lucky enough to have made a difference in peoples lives from time to time. That was more rewarding to me than the small discount I got ( and appreciated) on the 5 Glocks I bought over the last 24 years.

scottryan
01-15-15, 18:52

Yeap. Completely agree.

I have a fundamental problem giving discounts to MIL/LEO for their personal firearms.

shooterfpga
01-15-15, 18:55
Yeap. Completely agree.

I have a fundamental problem giving discounts to MIL/LEO for their personal firearms.
Is this because youd rather us not be able to afford personally owned weapons or because you think we have tons of money that we dont need any discount?

scottryan
01-15-15, 18:58
Is this because youd rather us not be able to afford personally owned weapons or because you think we have tons of money that we dont need any discount?

You can buy stuff in the open market like everyone else.

steyrman13
01-15-15, 18:59
Yeap. Completely agree.

Not all military or LEO are issued duty weapons, and are gun guys. Not sure why personal firearms is an issue for a discount from a company. That is the companies' choice to give a discount for their appreciation or not.

Not really sure either. Most companies do it because they know of the pay, the sacrifices, etc. and do it out of appreciation.

shooterfpga
01-15-15, 19:39
I dont recall FFL's buying from a non discounted market. Distributers, manufacturers, wholesalers all heavily discount their products specifically to dealers either directly through a dealer account or third party. Why the double standard when it comes to the customer getting cut the same deal?

JG007
01-15-15, 20:09
I can't follow the logic, would anyone have a fundamental problem with a firefighter being given a discount on a first aid kit he's going to drive around with?

And maybe it's different in other parts of the country but around me agencies will not purchase an individual weapon, that will belong to an officer personally not them, on behalf of an officer

BooneGA
01-15-15, 21:04

So you have an issue with a company doing what they can to say thank you to people who serve their country? Regardless of the product this is a difficult concept for me to grasp.

Rick

JG007
01-15-15, 21:14
If the gov forced private companies to give mil/leo individuals a discount that would be one thing, private companies doing it to show their appreciation just makes them great Americans

shooterfpga
01-15-15, 21:23
If the gov forced private companies to give mil/leo individuals a discount that would be one thing, private companies doing it to show their appreciation just makes them great Americans
HAH! The government doing anything beneficial for their lower level government employees? If that were true id be a millionaire at a gun shop complaining about losing a profit margin from less than half of a percent of sales based on leo/mil discounted merchandise.

sidewaysil80
01-15-15, 21:59
Are guns purchased with a military or LEO discount not considering the "open market"? The mfgs. or retailers are just offering a generous discount in appreciation and to lure in LEO/.mil purchases. Should they not be entitled to run their business they way they want to? If that is how they want to attract business and gain customers, who are we to argue or chastise them?

Then don't participate in the Blue Label program or offer a military discount, your business...do as you wish. Although, I'm sure you will lose business to someone who generously and proudly offers such discounts. That is the glory of capitalism!

prdubi
01-15-15, 22:14
retired military here.... yes sir sign me up!

kry226
01-19-15, 07:52
Opens thread. SMH. Closes thread.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
01-19-15, 08:12
I'm excited for this.

Hern13
01-23-15, 09:50
I haven't been keeping up with SHOT but any word on this yet? I'm looking to jump on a Saker 762

steyrman13
01-23-15, 09:53
I haven't been keeping up with SHOT but any word on this yet? I'm looking to jump on a Saker 762

Send an email from your .mil address or copy of DD214/Front of ID to info@silencerco.com for pricing is what they told me.

Hern13
01-23-15, 10:18
Awesome, thanks.

steyrman13
01-26-15, 11:03
Steyraug, you will be happy to know they are doing it in a way as to not hurt their dealers. It is purchased Directly from SiCo and then transferred to your NFA dealer of choice.

Renegade
01-26-15, 11:31
Send an email from your .mil address or copy of DD214/Front of ID to info@silencerco.com for pricing is what they told me.

Steyraug, you will be happy to know they are doing it in a way as to not hurt their dealers. It is purchased Directly from SiCo and then transferred to your NFA dealer of choice.

Thanks for explaining process. I forgot to ask when I was there.

For the record though, it does hurt dealers if they are no longer making the sale, but I guess they can make it up on the transfer fee. In many cases, transfer fees are more profitable than sales margins, so it is win/win/win.

JG007
01-26-15, 11:50
Shouldn't really hurt local dealers, since a savvy shopper probably wouldn't be buying local anyways

ChrisG19
01-26-15, 16:34
Thanks for explaining process. I forgot to ask when I was there.

For the record though, it does hurt dealers if they are no longer making the sale, but I guess they can make it up on the transfer fee. In many cases, transfer fees are more profitable than sales margins, so it is win/win/win.
In-state sales only.

From a TOS GA dealer: "We have all the pricing and are all set up. BUT... We can only sell to people in GA, just like how most other blue label programs work."

Vash1023
01-26-15, 16:36
cant wait

Renegade
01-26-15, 16:37
In-state sales only.

From a TOS GA dealer: "We have all the pricing and are all set up. BUT... We can only sell to people in GA, just like how most other blue label programs work."

Saw that. Not consistent with what is said here.

Are they saying they will only do F4s? Cause once the F3 clears, they cannot control what state it goes to.

ChrisG19
01-26-15, 17:17
Saw that. Not consistent with what is said here.

Are they saying they will only do F4s? Cause once the F3 clears, they cannot control what state it goes to.
I suppose that would be a reflection on the integrity of the dealer.

IrishPride
01-26-15, 17:37
Any dealer that is caught selling out of state will be removed from the SilencerCo "SPEC" program no questions asked. Dealer will need to show proof of every silencer sold to each participating customer. There are many checks and balances which will hold dealer accountable. Might there be a few that slip through the cracks? Sure...., but dealer will be caught and removed entirely from program. This is to protect participating program buyers as well as the dealers. LE/Military/ First responder is the same price no matter what state you are in. All the same. Individuals will not/ must not pay more then the determined program price.

Renegade
01-26-15, 17:40
I suppose that would be a reflection on the integrity of the dealer.

The buyer.

Renegade
01-26-15, 17:42
Any dealer that is caught selling out of state will be removed from the SilencerCo "SPEC" program no questions asked. Dealer will need to show proof of every silencer sold to each participating customer. There are many checks and balances which will hold dealer accountable. Might there be a few that slip through the cracks? Sure...., but dealer will be caught and removed entirely from program. This is to protect participating program buyers as well as the dealers. LE/Military/ First responder is the same price no matter what state you are in. All the same. Individuals will not/ must not pay more then the determined program price.

Right, so MIL/LE dealer will be limited to F4s, the $200 makes it unlikely the F4 recipient will re-sell.

IrishPride
01-26-15, 17:51
Exactly ^^^

Shotdown
01-27-15, 00:01
Oh man. I need a Harvester or the Omega

lahunter57
02-02-15, 15:27
Removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRAMBONE
03-06-15, 07:50
Has anybody checked with the dealers in the program? I got some prices from the only dealer currently in the program in my state. And their prices didn't seem much better that Silencer Shops regular prices. Just wondering if different dealers will have different prices or will SilencerCo set prices across the board?

BigWaylon
03-06-15, 08:00
It's a set price in the program. They buy cans specifically for the program, and sell those at SPEQ prices. You can definitely find lower prices elsewhere.