PDA

View Full Version : Reloading by myself now.

Leaveammoforme
01-09-15, 13:30

Just buried my friend and reloading buddy of 12 years. Her name was Fat Cat or 'Fats' for short. I have bragged about her on here several times. She was a full grown and pissed at the world when we found her.
Through time we became great buds. She would meet me at the truck every night when I got home, I would pet her for a few minutes and then she would attack me as I walked away. Same game every night that I began looking forward to on the drive home.

When I was at the bench she would sit next to me on a stool and steal a head rub on almost every down stroke of the press. If I got up from my stool she would hop over to it and make me fight her back off of it.
Occasionally a piece of brass would hit the floor and she would jump down and smack it all over the floor.

I came home last night and she didn't meet me at the truck. Had happened before but I figured something was up. I called her name several times (she would come by name) with no response. I sat some tuna out and went to bed. This morning the tuna was untouched so I started checking her hiding spots and found her.

She will be greatly missed.

Thanks for reading and letting me type this out. Not much gets to me but this hit me deep.

markm
01-09-15, 13:40
That sucks. The best thing you can do to ease the pain is rescue another cat/kitten.

yhmspecter
01-09-15, 21:22
I agree with Mark. I'm sorry to hear about that, my reloading buddy Dasiy is good company get another as soon as you are ready

davidz71
01-09-15, 21:47
I feel for you brother. For a number of years I've had my 3 cats run down the driveway as my truck approached from the street. I'd spend a minute or so with each cat then go inside. they knew who fed them. One cat didn't show up one evening and was never found. He was a good looking cat, steel gray in color with a small white star in the center of his chest. I suspect someone took him or a coyote got him because a few had been spotted as close as 500 yds. from the house. I hope not. Anyway, I use to have a silver tabby cat who would come into the reloading room to see what was going on and it was always funny to watch.

Leaveammoforme
01-10-15, 01:53
Thanks guys. Wife, our son and I decided to hold off on finding another cat for now. Fats was truly a once in a lifetime pet.

I expected some "WTH... a cat?" replies and I appreciate those who thought it refraining themselves. There are more pressing matters in the world right and I thank M4C for allowing me to share.

There is something different about 'Cat guys'. I have never been able to figure out what it is. One thing is for sure though.. I have never wanted to smash a 'cat guys' face. Not that I turn green and smash people daily, but there is just something different.

jpmuscle
01-10-15, 03:41
Sorry to hear OP. Cats are awesome. Sure they may act indifferent much of the time but deep down their not much different than dogs when it comes to their human pets lol

the_accuser
01-10-15, 08:47
Sorry about your loss. I lost my best buddy a couple of years ago and seeing threads like this still gets to me. About a year ago my mom and dad gave us their cat and she has brought a lot of comfort to my wife and I.

morpheus6d9
01-14-15, 04:16
Sorry for your loss [emoji22]

MikeDawg46L
01-14-15, 11:07
Sorry to hear LAFM. I always have a companion when on the single stage at home. When I go to my dad's, where we have our progressive set up, I feel lost without one of the pups curled under my feet.

If you decide to get a new friend, I hope he's as awesome.

SeriousStudent
01-14-15, 22:22
I am sorry that you lost your friend Fats. I hope in time you will smile at the happy memories she gave you.

I like most people's pets more than I like most people. Sigh.

Leaveammoforme
01-17-15, 01:57
Wife sent me some photo's she had. I forgot she even took them and would like to share just one more!

ETA...Alright..maybe two

jpmuscle
01-17-15, 03:43
That's adorable. Good stuff. Funny how they always have to be in the middle of everything.