PDA

View Full Version : Allegheny Gun Works G Decocker/Vertec Frame Conversion Beretta

w3453l
01-09-15, 15:37
Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone has had the Allegheny Gun Works modification of having the standard Beretta 92/96 frame cut to the thinner Vertec profile.

What I want to know is: how does a Beretta that has been cut to Vertec profile by AGW compare to a factory Beretta Vertec?

I'm guessing that there shouldn't be any differences in reliability, but is it just as thin?

I also wanted to know if there is any significant differences between a 92FS that has been converted to a G variant by AGW or Wilson Combat versus a factory 92G?

What I ultimately want is a 92 G with Vertec frame, and no I can not buy a Vertec G because of local laws.

I'm trying to decide if it's better to buy a 92FS Vertec and send it to AGW or WC for a G conversion, or wait for the 92G-SD and have it sent in to have the Vertec frame cut.

Price between the two conversions is $5, so that's a non issue. The Brigadier slide on the 92G-SD is nice, but I wouldn't pick that over a standard slide if it means there's any issues with having a standard frame cut to Vertec dimensions.

Thank you very much

Serpico1985
01-09-15, 17:02
I spoke to Josh of Allegheny about this exact topic. He said that all he does is remove the excess frame material to create the vertec frame which is the same way Beretta does it. He re-anodiz's the frame so it should be equal to the beretta factory vertec in terms of durablity.

On the G conversion. Allegheny does work in batches. So for a period of time he does a ton of G conversions, then he does a bunch of frame work like bevled mag wells and checkering etc. You should call and ask about the wait time. It may be less that WC or could be longer, no way to tell till you call. I think WC quotes like 6-8months for everything beretta related right now. You may get it back quicker or not.

Consider waiting for the M9A3. If it hits the civilian market it will be user convertable to G config and is a vetec frame.

w3453l
01-10-15, 20:12
Thanks, I'll give them a call. As much as I'd like the M9A3, it won't be CA legal