PDA

View Full Version : Please post your condolences for AllAmerican 1950-2015 Pg.3 update

SW-Shooter
01-11-15, 17:37
Site Sponsor -- AllAmerican -- Born 21 May 1950 - 03 Jan 2015
Rest In Peace
http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s560/onlythetip/882f2bad-094d-4a06-9abc-dfb667a72f3_zps8b3f8688.jpg

Jack Russell --AllAmerican -- Passed away on January 3rd 2015, he served in The United States Marine Corps 2nd Recon, and The United States Army 82nd Airborne. I was in the process of purchasing some Glock Magazines from him, he abruptly refunded my money and left this message: "I have a real problem here. I will be gone tomorrow." I didn't know him, but the message troubled me for some days until I found out the information below.

I never met Mr. Russell, but he was obviously as a good person. There is also photo of him on Faces of Suicide, along with a remembrance photo, and a personal message from a loved one. With this information one can only think he felt that there was only one resolution to whatever he felt he couldn't overcome. Regardless, I hope those here that might have known him better, can post on his obituary.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jdnews/obituary.aspx?n=jack-russell&pid=173750238&fhid=13894

http://projects.militarytimes.com/citations-medals-awards/recipient.php?recipientid=33772

http://facesofsuicide.com/showpage.php?x=EAA4F312-98B0-4A5C-8C05-41DF46D420FE

Sam
01-11-15, 18:27
I do not know Jack, but wishing his family peace in this time of pain. May Jack rest in peace and no longer suffering.

MBtech
01-11-15, 18:47
RIP prayers sent for family.

GTF425
01-11-15, 18:53
As a current Red Devil, I wish you blue skies and soft landings, brother.

See you at final manifest.

26 Inf
01-11-15, 19:01
Rest In Peace fellow Marine.

I'm sorry someone wasn't there to rescue you, as you rescued that Marine in the surf off of Mindoro.

I don't know why you left so soon, but I am diminished by your departure.

Semper Fi

C-grunt
01-11-15, 20:23
Rest in peace sir.

SeriousStudent
01-11-15, 20:31
Fair winds and following seas, Sgt. Russell.

HKGuns
01-11-15, 21:10
RIP Sir.

TXBK
01-11-15, 22:23
AllAmerican is such a fitting user name for a man that served his country and his community for many years and in many ways. Rest in peace.

SteyrAUG
01-12-15, 01:45
Difficult to imagine what a person like that felt they couldn't overcome or deal with.

But once again we find ourselves "one less." Blue skies and all that Sgt. Russell.

Apparently honorable until the very end, making sure even small matters are seen to. Rare breed.

Watrdawg
01-12-15, 07:37
RIP Sgt Russell

militarymoron
01-12-15, 08:01
RIP, sir.

chuckman
01-12-15, 08:09
Semper Fi, Shipmate.

T2C
01-12-15, 12:50
Fair winds and following seas, Marine.

KTR03
01-12-15, 17:06
Rest In Peace fellow Marine.

I'm sorry someone wasn't there to rescue you, as you rescued that Marine in the surf off of Mindoro.

I don't know why you left so soon, but I am diminished by your departure.

Semper Fi
Extremely well stated. Nothing to add add.

Ed L.
01-12-15, 20:36
RIP.

Sadly there is nothing useful I can say. I'm not sure there is anything useful I can say about most people's deaths.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-12-15, 20:58
A Hemingway-esque life. RIP

sgtrock82
01-12-15, 22:57
Keep your feet and knees together brother , RIP

williejc
01-13-15, 01:04
Thank you for serving, sir. I did not and regret that I can not share your honor. Thank you.

SW-Shooter
02-28-15, 06:51
UPDATE:

I haven't been able to get online here lately, but I wanted to update the tribute to AllAmerican. I received a private message from Jack's sister (Recondd). I do not know how much she wished to share, but she wanted to thank everyone for their comments, and let me know that he was buried with full military honors.

I wanted to verbally paint everyone a quick picture of who Jack was as a person; image a big burly Marine living with his favorite companion, a tiny chihuahua named "Pita", it certainly shows the depth of his character. Pita is in very good hands now.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s560/onlythetip/image_zps99650fee.jpg http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s560/onlythetip/882f2bad-094d-4a06-9abc-dfb667a72f3_zps8b3f8688.jpg

I'll keep the rest of the message private out of respect for her.

MBtech
02-28-15, 07:14
Thanks for that update. I lost my Dad almost three years ago and he was put to rest with such honors. While I do not know nor have ever met these other men I am proud to say Rest In Peace and thank you for serving our country. I have played Taps at multiple funerals, Memorial Day, and Veterans Day ceremonies and as a grown man I'll say it is hard to play that trumpet and hold back tears.

3 AE
02-28-15, 15:06
Last month, I had the privilege and the honor of attending the funerals of two sailors who were homeless veterans of the Viet Nam War. They were laid to rest with military honors at the Willamette National Cemetery in Portland. There were no families in attendance but for a few of us "civilians", Patriot Riders Guard, a few members of several VFW Posts, and the Naval Reserve Honor Guard. It was a very moving ceremony but emotions were for the most part held in check since none of us were related to the deceased. That is until "Taps" was played by the lone bugler. Then the floodgate of tears went wide open. I'll never forget the moment.

Thank you Sgt. Russell for a job well done. Rest in peace.

SteyrAUG
02-28-15, 16:56
Last month, I had the privilege and the honor of attending the funerals of two sailors who were homeless veterans of the Viet Nam War. They were laid to rest with military honors at the Willamette National Cemetery in Portland. There were no families in attendance but for a few of us "civilians", Patriot Riders Guard, a few members of several VFW Posts, and the Naval Reserve Honor Guard. It was a very moving ceremony but emotions were for the most part held in check since none of us were related to the deceased. That is until "Taps" was played by the lone bugler. Then the floodgate of tears went wide open. I'll never forget the moment.

Thank you Sgt. Russell for a job well done. Rest in peace.

Thank you for YOUR service, to those who have served. I hope to one day be able to participate in such activities. It's a great thing you guys are doing.

The thought of any veteran being laid to rest unnoticed is truly upsetting.