PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Comp M2 questions

chuckman
01-12-15, 08:42
I shoot EOTech right now, have not seen an Aimpoint up close and personal since I left the mil a few years ago. I was at the range and a guy had an Aimpoint Comp M2 and it looked "odd." The power and battery module was on the left side of the body. As I recall, the one I had was on the right side. I googles pics and see both. I went over and looked and it looked legit (as opposed to fake/clone). Curiosity is killing this cat...why power switches on either side?

jet66
01-12-15, 09:02
I'm going to guess it was rotated 90 degrees to the left in the mount. That would put the battery mod on the left, but the windage adjustment turret would be on top, and the elevation turret would be on the left side. I suppose it would work fine once zeroed, and give a lefty the control on that side. Or someone just messed up. :D

I found the user manual on Aimpoint's page, it was designed to be used right or left handed by the way it is mounted in the ring. I have a PRO, the manual doesn't show that option.

chuckman
01-12-15, 09:15
I'm going to guess it was rotated 90 degrees to the left in the mount. That would put the battery mod on the left, but the windage adjustment turret would be on top, and the elevation turret would be on the left side. I suppose it would work fine once zeroed, and give a lefty the control on that side. Or someone just messed up. :D

I found the user manual on Aimpoint's page, it was designed to be used right or left handed by the way it is mounted in the ring. I have a PRO, the manual doesn't show that option.

Damn...that's thinking outside the box. Maybe so.

nimdabew
01-12-15, 11:10
If you look at the "Aimpoint" logo on the side, you will notice that it is written twice. One for being upright when the battery compartment is on the right, one upright when the battery compartment on the left.

Roc_Kor
01-15-15, 19:51
My CompM3 has 'UP' marked on the adjustment of both turrets. One (top) is marked UP & LEFT (with the turning arrow) and the other UP & RIGHT. Stinks that the supplied rubber body cover only works with it in right-handed mode.

223to45
01-22-15, 15:01
My CompM3 has 'UP' marked on the adjustment of both turrets. One (top) is marked UP & LEFT (with the turning arrow) and the other UP & RIGHT. Stinks that the supplied rubber body cover only works with it in right-handed mode.

My old M2 is like and never really understood what is meant.