PDA

View Full Version : Gunner Grips ...

HAMMERDROP
06-30-08, 23:31
I read somewhere unsure if it was here arfcom 1911 forums ?? And cannot find it again but the jist was a pair purchased by a guy and were not sitting flush to the frame they were being mounted on ? And some other member suggested grinding away some grip threads ... This ring a bell ?

Thanks

Michael

HAMMERDROP
07-07-08, 23:42
My grips showed up today and all I was expecting and more but the Kimber hex screws worked just fine. FYI I know you were all waiting to find out ! LOL

Michael

David Thomas
07-08-08, 06:19
Glad the gunners worked out well for you.
I like mine.

BigDog
07-11-08, 16:05
I read somewhere unsure if it was here arfcom 1911 forums ?? And cannot find it again but the jist was a pair purchased by a guy and were not sitting flush to the frame they were being mounted on ? And some other member suggested grinding away some grip threads ... This ring a bell ?

Thanks

Michael

I had to use a 1/2" drill bit by hand to flare the holes on mine enough to clear the grip bushings. When I first got them and saw the problem, I called the company and had a very nice chat with Rob Simonich, who offered to hand-fit a new pair to my pistol if I could not make the first set work, which I did with no trouble.

Sadly, he was killed about two weeks later when his truck rolled on the way back from a hunt with his brother. He was a gentleman.

Dave L.
07-14-08, 08:24
I just got a pair of black ones- they fit my kimber fine.

Paulinski
07-14-08, 09:18
I used two small rubber o-rings and the wobble went away.