PDA

View Full Version : B5 Sopmod Bavo Stock, Fits Loose? Tight? Any wobble to the stock for you? Thanks!

falconman515
01-14-15, 13:06
So I decided to go with the B5 Sopmod Bravo stock for my new AR build.

My local shop has one so I took my Spikes Tactical Milspec buffer tube in with me to test ... it had to much wobble for me.

I LOVE this stock and really want one but cannot handle Any wobble ... maybe if it's just a tiny bit I'm okay but it was more then a tiny bit with that stock.

And reading reviews, video reviews, etc. most all say it is a pretty tight and snug fit on their buffer tubes.

I thought Hmm, okay let me try the MOE SL they have in the case to see if it's just my buffer tube ... that Magpul MOE SL was CrAzY SNUG on my buffer tube ... so I know the tube it good, plus it fits perfect on my Magpul CTR now and locks up 99% solid with friction lock.

BUT the damn B5 Bravo they had their was quite loose.

I read they had issues with their stock a while back being out of spec ... I am wondering is the B5 Bravo stock they had was an older one and maybe if I ordered a new one from say BCM etc. that I would have better luck and get a tighter one.

I want better cheek weld but want a smaller lightweight stock with no pointless battery compartments etc. an the B5 Bravo was literally the best of ALL worlds. My CTR is great but I hate the small cheek weld.

Just need a B5 Bravo that is solid on my tube if possible.

Anyway that's my story

How is yours on your tube? Any Play? I know some might now mind a slight bit of wobble but I myself do and want to know how well your B5 fits on your receiver extension???

Thanks so much guys! :)

7.62NATO
01-14-15, 13:09

SilverCat
01-14-15, 13:25
I have two now, only one is on a rifle.
It's not particularly solid, but there isn't enough wobble to annoy me or cause me to shoot any worse, so I'm okay.

It's older brother is the most solid stock I've ever used though. I have to brace my rifle and use two hands to adjust my standard sopmod.

falconman515
01-14-15, 13:40
Ya I heard the B5 Enhanced is solid ... just too big, to much cheek weld due to the battery compartments that are worthless to me and too heavy overall

That's why the Bravo was the ticket ... but the one at my local shop was a bit too loose for my liking and didn't know if they vary at all.

I know they vary based on the buffer tube, but like I said the CTR is solid and rock solid when locked and the new MOE SL they had and tried that and holy hell it was tight as a drum, had to really use some good force to move it (which I like) ... So I know the tube is good ... well at least for Magpul stuff anyway.

Just undecided whether I want to order one and take the loss of re-stocking fee and paying to ship back if it is the same you know .. I could lose like 1/3 of the purchase price on that alone if I don't care for it and it's just as wobbly.

B Cart
01-14-15, 15:07
I love my B5 bravo stocks, and they are the perfect size, but I can't say either is "completely solid" in terms of the wobbling. They are both pretty solid, but can feel a tiny wobble (nothing close to the MOE or standard stocks though. Very slight and doesn't bother me)

Have you tried the Magpul STR? Might be too big if you don't like the B5 SOPMOD stock, but that has the same locking mechanism as the CTR, just with the wider cheek base. Could be an option

falconman515
01-14-15, 16:25
Ya I have seen the STR but those things are just Way To Big ... I am not a fan of the really large heavy battery compartment type stocks. The ACS-L is nice but very unattractive and and a lot pointless weight with the storage compartment etc.

The CTR is perfect for me but I just want something with a better cheek weld is all and the B5 Bravo fits the bill perfect ... And IMHO looks much better on an AR so that's a plus as well.

I am thinking of ordering one and crossing my fingers that it is a better run and a bit tighter on my tube.

If not I guess I can redneck it and slap a strip or two of electrical tape on the tube if possible to snug it up nicer. :)

TacticalMark
01-14-15, 17:47
Did your LGS have only one? Both my bravo and sopmod stocks fit tight on all my RE's. Tight meaning minimal wobble easy to adjust.

uniform64
01-14-15, 17:54
Mine was wobbly. Much like a colt M4 stock. I put strips of duct tape inside the tube to get the wobble out.
I tried a LMT SOPMOD, not looking back.
I also tried it on an LMT lower and was the same wobble.

GH41
01-14-15, 18:08
So I decided to go with the B5 Sopmod Bravo stock for my new AR build.

My local shop has one so I took my Spikes Tactical Milspec buffer tube in with me to test ... it had to much wobble for me.

I LOVE this stock and really want one but cannot handle Any wobble ... maybe if it's just a tiny bit I'm okay but it was more then a tiny bit with that stock.

And reading reviews, video reviews, etc. most all say it is a pretty tight and snug fit on their buffer tubes.

I thought Hmm, okay let me try the MOE SL they have in the case to see if it's just my buffer tube ... that Magpul MOE SL was CrAzY SNUG on my buffer tube ... so I know the tube it good, plus it fits perfect on my Magpul CTR now and locks up 99% solid with friction lock.

BUT the damn B5 Bravo they had their was quite loose.

I read they had issues with their stock a while back being out of spec ... I am wondering is the B5 Bravo stock they had was an older one and maybe if I ordered a new one from say BCM etc. that I would have better luck and get a tighter one.

I want better cheek weld but want a smaller lightweight stock with no pointless battery compartments etc. an the B5 Bravo was literally the best of ALL worlds. My CTR is great but I hate the small cheek weld.

Just need a B5 Bravo that is solid on my tube if possible.

Anyway that's my story

How is yours on your tube? Any Play? I know some might now mind a slight bit of wobble but I myself do and want to know how well your B5 fits on your receiver extension???

Thanks so much guys! :)

Tell us about this wobble and why it bothers you so much. Does your BUIS wiggle? Does your upper to lower fit allow movement between the two? Is picking the fly shit out of a pile of pepper that important to you? How will a silky smooth, no wobble stock to extension fit handle a couple of grains of sand?

mpom
01-14-15, 18:17
Have a bravo on an A5 tube. Had some wobble which bugged me as i felt movement when pull8ng stock into shoulder. Taped narrow strips of aluminum duct tape on the extension. Now snug, no play.

falconman515
01-14-15, 18:23
Did your LGS have only one? Both my bravo and sopmod stocks fit tight on all my RE's. Tight meaning minimal wobble easy to adjust.

Ya just one in stock

I called around to a couple other shops to see if they had any and the rest had no clue who B5 Systems was .. LOL

2 of those shops pulled them up to see about ordering and saw the price and said "Hey that's a good price, thanks for telling me about these .. I'm gonna order a couple for stock" LOL

So ya no way to test another one ... And from what I read is what you say ... They fit nice and tight ... thats kinda why I am tossing around ordering one and crossing my fingers.

We;ll see I guess ... I've got the CTR in the time being

Just wanting to know what everyone elses experience with theirs was.

I know most say it's your buffer tube but the ST tube I have fits fine on all other stocks and like I said I tried out the new Magpul MOE SL with no friction lock and it was TIGHT ... like almost too tight so I know the tube is correct milspec.

Have a bravo on an A5 tube. Had some wobble which bugged me as i felt movement when pull8ng stock into shoulder. Taped narrow strips of aluminum duct tape on the extension. Now snug, no play.

You know if I decide to order the B5 Bravo and it still is a bit loose like the one at my LGS then I may just do this ... I hate rigging it like this but it may be worth it to get a nice new stock with the cheek weld I am looking for ... also I like that rear angle on the buttpad as well.

Tell us about this wobble and why it bothers you so much. Does your BUIS wiggle? Does your upper to lower fit allow movement between the two? Is picking the fly shit out of a pile of pepper that important to you? How will a silky smooth, no wobble stock to extension fit handle a couple of grains of sand?

No Comment :rolleyes:

BT556
01-14-15, 20:17
I just recently purchased a B5 BRAVO stock and on one of my rifles it fit good with minimal wobble and on the other you have to beat it off/on with a hammer it's so tight

Hank6046
01-14-15, 20:26
I have two B5 Bravos and I love them, the only time I noticed some wiggle with the one is after my friend dropped my rifle at the range. (I was pissed) Its never been that bad though, and no wiggle from my other B5 stock.

M&P15T
01-15-15, 09:15
I have the B5 SOPMOD stock on my BCM HSP carbine, and it rattles. I'm not too irritated by it, not enough to spend the big buck on an LMT SOPMOD stock, but it's there.

Renegade04
01-15-15, 09:27
Have a B5 SOPMOD stock on a BCM RE - it is solid. I ordered mine from: www.rogtac.com/

I have a B5 SOPMOD Bravo on a BCM mil-spec buffer tube and it is solid as well.

falconman515
01-15-15, 11:52
I guess maybe some tubes are a fraction of a milimeter smaller or larger that gives different end results for different guys.

But the thing that bothers me on that logic.

The B5 Bravo is a tad loose with slight wobble ... but like I had said I threw on a MOE SL and Holy Crap that thing was tight as tight could be ... you would literally have to hold the gun down solid and pull on the stock just to get it to move on the buffer.

So if I am saying that my ST buffer tube may be a touch small to fit the B5 Systems stock and it should be slightly bigger around then the MOE SL wouldn't even fit on the tube if that was the case.

Oh well, who knows, guess I'll just stick with the CTR with friction lock for now as that fits fine and moves freely when unlocked but when locked is 99% solid.

I do think though I am still gonna try and order a Bravo and give it a shot to see how well it fits.

Hot Holster
01-15-15, 12:07
I have two B5's, they went on the tubes a bit tight and have just a tiny bit of movement.

HCrum87hc
01-15-15, 13:19
My Bravo has a bit of wobble, but not enough to bother me. I was expecting a tighter fit based on reviews I had read.

masternave
01-15-15, 14:15
I have two, they are rock solid.

rondooley
01-15-15, 14:25
I just installed one last night and it wobbles quite a bit. Tried it on another BCM tube and was the same...

falconman515
01-15-15, 14:43
Either these stocks aren't all manufactured to perfect correct milspec or the tubes ... It's really a a roll of dice I guess.

To bad it doesn't have some sort of lock, the movement is not enough to be bad but just minimal enough to lock up solid with some sort of friction lock.

SavageBrew84
01-15-15, 15:36
In my limited test size sample of 2, (I have one on a DD mil-spec RE and one on an A5 7-pos RE) both have the exact same amount of minimal wobble (0.015" either direction) so not enough to worry about or try to "build up" with strips of tape or whatever. For reference, one stock was purchased when they first came out in early '13 and the other was in September '14.

IClaudius
01-16-15, 14:22
Mine locks up as tight as my SOPMOD.

Labayu
03-20-21, 01:04
I have two B5's, they went on the tubes a bit tight and have just a tiny bit of movement.

What brand/type of buffer tube are you using? My B5 is loose on every milspec tube I own and has been collecting dust for 8+ years.

wetidlerjr
03-20-21, 11:47
...My B5 is loose on every milspec tube I own and has been collecting dust for 8+ years.

Which is even longer than this thread has been collecting dust.

meausoc
03-20-21, 11:50
I have one B5 on a BCM tube and it wobbles a little. I also have two LMT SOPMODS on BCM tubes that have almost no wobble. A friend has five LMT SOPMODS on 100% LMT rifles and there is no wobble/rattle. I really like the VLTOR that came on my Colt 901 and will most likely put another one on any future rifles/builds.

556BlackRifle
03-20-21, 12:29
I have a few. Vltor, Sionics, BCM, V7 receiver extensions. No wobble at all. Very solid lockup. These aren't late production though so things may have changed.

dan1612
07-26-21, 23:25
It’s a little wobbly but not enough to bother me.
Try Magpul ACS if it bothers you and you want a good cheekweld.

titsonritz
07-27-21, 02:11
I have a few B5 Bravos and SOPMODs on BCM and Vltor A5 RE, zero wobble just as tight as my LMT SOPMOD.

Stickman
07-28-21, 14:44
Its not that hard to pull the stock off and put a piece of electrical tape or two on the RE.

JediGuy
07-28-21, 17:46
Its not that hard to pull the stock off and put a piece of electrical tape or two on the RE.

Maybe five pieces with an LWRCi Compact.

My B5 Bravo hasn’t needed anything to tighten it up on a variety of receiver extensions. It is beyond snug on an LMT extension.

Stickman
07-28-21, 20:54
Maybe five pieces with an LWRCi Compact.

My B5 Bravo hasn’t needed anything to tighten it up on a variety of receiver extensions. It is beyond snug on an LMT extension.

Lol, I don’t own anything from LWRC, are the stocks really that loose?

JediGuy
07-28-21, 21:59
Lol, I don’t own anything from LWRC, are the stocks really that loose?

Four strips of electrical tape…on an LMT receiver extension. Wonderful little stock for a smaller-than-Bravo option, but dang it is not sized right.

Disciple
07-28-21, 22:30
Four strips of electrical tape…on an LMT receiver extension. Wonderful little stock for a smaller-than-Bravo option, but dang it is not sized right.

Does it fit a "commercial" tube?

RichardLips
07-29-21, 00:34
I have one on my BCM and it's pretty snug. Very minimal wobble. Try the Magpul SL line. Those have two small leaf springs in the stock that push up on the buffer tube, causing a very tight, snug fit.

RichardLips
07-29-21, 00:35
It’s a little wobbly but not enough to bother me.
Try Magpul ACS if it bothers you and you want a good cheekweld.

What's up man? Good to see you on here as well.

JediGuy
07-29-21, 11:27
Does it fit a "commercial" tube?

According to their website, it’s designed for a “mil-spec” extension.

CajunRebel
07-29-21, 17:42
If it wobbles remove the stock and try a .5" x 1" strip of self-sticking velcro (loop) length-wise on the top rear of the receiver extension.

okie
07-29-21, 19:14
The civilian ones with the QD swivel are tight. The military issue ones are a little bit looser. I much prefer the military issue ones because they're tight enough to not wobble but loose enough to be able to adjust easily.

dan1612
07-29-21, 19:34
The civilian ones with the QD swivel are tight. The military issue ones are a little bit looser. I much prefer the military issue ones because they're tight enough to not wobble but loose enough to be able to adjust easily.

He means bravo, not the enhanced. I don’t think they made bravos for mil.

okie
07-29-21, 19:44
He means bravo, not the enhanced. I don’t think they made bravos for mil.

You're totally right. Throws me that they call the original one the enhanced version. Come to think of it, too, I kind of remember having one of them (the bravo, without the storage tubes), and it does seem like it was a little bit looser than the standard one. That's about as anecdotal as anecdotal gets, but I do remember it that way.

Oddball13
08-01-21, 17:06
I installed one on my S&W M&P-15 and it's plenty tight.