PDA

View Full Version : PSA PA47?!

ISiman/oh
01-14-15, 17:09
First I'm seeing this, anybody have any hands on?
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/18998/s/psa-pa47-7-62x39-7-sqr-upper-w-bcg-and-charging-handle/category/4458/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IraqVet1982
01-14-15, 17:14
7" barrel. Gotta be a flame thrower.

ISiman/oh
01-14-15, 17:16
Not seeing any other info about it. What mags ? What lower ? Is there a longer barrel version ?

LRRPF52
01-14-15, 17:16
What could go wrong with this.....

GH41
01-14-15, 18:16
What could go wrong with this.....

It could be six weeks before you get it and it could be six more before they answer the phone if it isn't right when you get it.

MPchinadoll
01-15-15, 16:52
It look like a nice option. But when I asked my husband about ordering any of the stuff I'm looking for from them....he just laughed and laughed and laughed.

nate89
01-15-15, 17:54
I'm in the same boat. I ordered from them on December 26th, and I just got shipping confirmation today. It's frustrating when you have money tied up for so long with nothing to show for it. I did read and understand the shipping policy though, so I guess I got what I should have expected.

Onyx Z
01-15-15, 19:14
This reminds me. I ordered some freakin bullets the day after Christmas from them that have STILL YET TO SHIP. WTF

Amazon has it down. They don't charge you til it ships. Now if only everyone would do that.

hotrodder636
01-15-15, 19:50
I'm in the same boat. I ordered from them on December 26th, and I just got shipping confirmation today. It's frustrating when you have money tied up for so long with nothing to show for it. I did read and understand the shipping policy though, so I guess I got what I should have expected.

My shipment of items ordered around the same time came in yesterday.

FWIW, Mrgunsngear or 'Plouffedaddy' on this forum made a video discussing PSA specific to shipping. Great prices and deals can be had, at the cost of "slow" shipping.

nate89
01-16-15, 00:29
I agree. Sometimes saving the money is worth the extra couple of weeks (sometimes 3-4 weeks) to get something in. Honestly sometimes getting what I ordered fast isn't really necessary; by the time i'm ready to sight in an optic/try a new holster/build up a new load/etc. it's been a month or so and I didn't really need it as fast as I thought.

Arkady
01-16-15, 14:25
As soon as their 'armorers' figure out how to properly install A2 birdcages reliably, and how to attach gas blocks, THEN they can start messing with other calibers.

(FWIW, I have seen upside down A2s, and gas blocks that didn't cover the gas ports several times IN THE STORE... once both on the same rifle.)

yellowfin
01-17-15, 08:07
I suppose an upside of this that they'll have 7.62x39 BCG's and bolts in for me to use as spares for 6.5 Grendel.

wanderson
05-28-15, 11:30
First I'm seeing this, anybody have any hands on?
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/18998/s/psa-pa47-7-62x39-7-sqr-upper-w-bcg-and-charging-handle/category/4458/

I picked up one of the PSA 7.62x39 AR uppers w/BCG a few months ago when they ran the NRA show sale for $350. No complaints, ran great right out of the box, BCG came with an enhanced firing pin so a standard hammer spring touched off all my commercial steel & surplus Yugo ammo fine. Accuracy to 100 yards is great, almost as good as my Alpha Shooting Sports upper with stainless steel barrel. PSA barrel appears to be threaded for 5/8x24 so standard .308/7.62 muzzle devices should work.

Only complaint I have is that the PSA 7.62x39 bolt face is beveled on the inside so the outside rim of the bolt is just an edge, like a chisel point. The bolt that came on my Alpha upper is like a standard 5.56 bolt, straight walled on the inside with a squared edge. Same for my LMT 'enhanced' bolt, straight walled. The PSA beveled edge may assist in feeding/ejection but since the bolt is the weak spot in these builds I replaced it with an LMT, my Alpha's been running one for years with no issues. I can't say this is a problem, but I had a better bolt on the shelf so I swapped it.