PDA

View Full Version : Poor Bradley Cooper.

jaydoc1
01-15-15, 10:07
Talk about bad timing!

You get nominated for an academy award for leading actor and your film gets nominated for best picture. Any other year that would be great. Unfortunately this year you're up against a movie and actor about an amazingly gifted gay man during World War 2 and an Oprah Winfrey movie about Martin Luther King.

And you unfortunately are playing a white redneck who was amazing with a gun.

Sorry, Dude.

:sad:

Lnxgeek
01-15-15, 10:15
Plus a guy playing Stephen Hawking ... Oscars love the "playing a disabled person" movies (My Left Foot, Forrest Gump, etc)

BoringGuy45
01-15-15, 10:31
Plus a guy playing Stephen Hawking ... Oscars love the "playing a disabled person" movies (My Left Foot, Forrest Gump, etc)

I never figured that one out. How is it so amazing when an actor plays a disabled person or pretends to have some kind of injury? Soccer players do it 10 times every game! And for acting like you're mentally handicapped, simply add a lisp, look like you don't like to make eye contact, speak slowly and inappropriately loud. All it takes to get an Oscar for one of those roles is to have them character deliver some heartfelt speech about how they may not be very book smart, but they are still a person and deserve respect and love. The critics will then say, "WOW! His character is supposed to have about a 60 IQ and yet he understands the world better than most geniuses! What a concept! What an actor!"

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-15-15, 10:38
Never go full retard.

Is the movie that good, or is it just the Eastwood effect getting it the attention?

Reminds me of the "Modern family" episode where the gay couple is trying to get their kid in a school and the loose out the mixed race lesbians, one of whom is disabled.

markm
01-15-15, 10:41
Don't mess wiff no Okra Winfree!

chuckman
01-15-15, 10:47
American Sniper is this year's token. Just because of the story it won't actually win anything.

Averageman
01-15-15, 10:54
I listened to the Stern interview with Bradley Cooper.
I think he really had it in his heart to do the right thing and that's a big part of why he went with Mr Eastwood to get the movie made.
I am sure Cooper would love to win the award, but having a veteran like Eastwood at your elbow during the process of making the movie was more reward than any little gold statue could ever provide. I'm also sure Clint took a moment and more than schooled him on the political side of winning these types of awards for his work.
BTW if you haven't listened to Stern in a while I was rather amazed at how he has become a rather good interviewer since I last listened to him.

markm
01-15-15, 11:09
BTW if you haven't listened to Stern in a while I was rather amazed at how he has become a rather good interviewer since I last listened to him.

I miss being able to hear him. He always was good at cutting through the b.s. and getting to the real scoop with celebrities.

jmp45
01-15-15, 11:17
I listened to the Stern interview with Bradley Cooper.
I think he really had it in his heart to do the right thing and that's a big part of why he went with Mr Eastwood to get the movie made.
I am sure Cooper would love to win the award, but having a veteran like Eastwood at your elbow during the process of making the movie was more reward than any little gold statue could ever provide. I'm also sure Clint took a moment and more than schooled him on the political side of winning these types of awards for his work.

I agree, working with Clint on the project would be better than any award given. Not much of a Stern fan but the interview with Seinfeld on Comedians in cars getting coffee was interesting. Good series on Crackle.

http://www.crackle.com/c/comedians-in-cars-getting-coffee

chuckman
01-15-15, 11:28

I read an interview with Cooper, talked about how he really want to make this right and get Kyle as close as possible. He interviewed Kyle's wife, listened to tapes, talked with those who knew him, worked with a speech coach to get the accent and inflection right. Cooper said that since Kyle's family is alive and has an interest in this he felt obligated to do the best job he could to honor (my word) Kyle's persona and life.

SteyrAUG
01-15-15, 13:38
In 1977 those Hollywood ****tards gave "Annie Hall" the Best Picture award beating out "Star Wars." It was then that I understood Academy Awards didn't mean a damn thing and it was basically Hollywood rewarding itself for it's work because certainly nobody else was going to take the time to kiss their ass.

SkiDevil
01-15-15, 15:03
Every time I see these Hollywood award shows I think of the film award depicted for the 'Simple Jack' fictitous movie portrayed by Stiller's character in the movie Tropic Thunder.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U-n_zk7e0ZU

Hollywood has way too many award shows.

How about taking time to honor all of the American men and women who selflessly serve others.

Hollywood actors are just carnies with nice teeth. -Craig Furgerson

Alex V
01-15-15, 15:14
Eddie Redmayne got the Golden Globe for Theory of Everything... I would say he is favored to win the Oscar as well. Wife and I are going to see American Sniper tomorrow. With all the build up, I hope it lives up to it. I read the book when it first came out, would like to see how true to the book the movie is.

Spiffums
01-15-15, 21:41
We're going Sunday to see it. I do hope it's more about the stories in the book and less about the wife at home but I don't get that vibe from the trailers.

SilverBullet432
01-15-15, 21:45
Every time I see these Hollywood award shows I think of the film award depicted for the 'Simple Jack' fictitous movie portrayed by Stiller's character in the movie Tropic Thunder.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U-n_zk7e0ZU

Hollywood has way too many award shows.

How about taking time to honor all of the American men and women who selflessly serve others.

Hollywood actors are just carnies with nice teeth. -Craig Furgerson

He went full retard!! :sarcastic:

SteyrAUG
01-15-15, 23:06
Kill me now, I just can't take the BS anymore.

Al Sharpton Calls For Emergency Meeting To Address 'Appalling' All-White Oscar Nominees (http://www.businessinsider.com/al-sharpton-blasts-appalling-oscars-2015-1)

This Will Be The Whitest Oscars Since 1998 (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/15/whitest-oscars_n_6466052.html)

Meanwhile Oprah's ****ing movie about King incorrectly depicts LBJ as being opposed to the civil rights movement. After all we have to make sure all the white people are the bad guy, even the one who dedicated his entire Presidency to civil rights no matter how absurd the demands were.

But nobody is really talking about that. To point out the racial bias and inaccuracies in Oprahs film would be "racist." And as the NAACP representative pointed out, the film is a drama and not a documentary so it doesn't have to be historically or racially accurate.

Really the only problem is if it is not automatically nominated and considered the oscar pick, and we need greater diversity in the films selected, it is wrong to select simply based upon artistic considerations.

In my entire life span, I think we might be at the MOST racist point I've ever seen in this country.

Honu
01-16-15, 00:29
did not know the oscars were on

never cared at all IMHO just actors patting themselves on there back and using the people that watch them to prop themselves up really insane the way people think about it all

Todd00000
01-16-15, 01:03
Talk about bad timing!

You get nominated for an academy award for leading actor and your film gets nominated for best picture. Any other year that would be great. Unfortunately this year you're up against a movie and actor about an amazingly gifted gay man during World War 2 and an Oprah Winfrey movie about Martin Luther King.

And you unfortunately are playing a white redneck who was amazing with a gun.

Sorry, Dude.

:sad:
The fact it got nominated means it has a chance. Remember when Hurt Locker beat Avatar.

SteyrAUG
01-16-15, 01:35
The fact it got nominated means it has a chance. Remember when Hurt Locker beat Avatar.

Yes, I remember the time when Kathryn Bigelow became the first woman in history to win the best director award at the Oscars and beat out the male director of Avatar.

Moose-Knuckle
01-16-15, 04:34
I've never gave a rat's azz about what the "academy" thought was a good picture/actor/score etc.

ggammell
01-16-15, 07:16
I've never gave a rat's azz about what the "academy" thought was a good picture/actor/score etc.

Piggy backing on this, I've always thought the more critics disliked the movie, the more I and every other normal person would like it. The theory has held up dozens of times.

Onyx Z
01-16-15, 08:13
Piggy backing on this, I've always thought the more critics disliked the movie, the more I and every other normal person would like it. The theory has held up dozens of times.

Completely agree. Some of the best movies are not highly spoke of among movie critics.

Lnxgeek
01-16-15, 08:38
The 5 director nominees are being described simply as "all male".

One guy is from Norway, and another from Mexico ...

chuckman
01-16-15, 08:49

Agreed. My wife and I watched Cooper in Silver Linings Playbook. Good movie, not great. My wife said it was nominated for Oscar last year, so I looked up the best pic Oscars for the past few years. We saw (of the nominated films) maybe a quarter, half of the rest we never heard of, and the other quarter got all sorts of love but little box office draw. Seems like we are the "normal" ones; not the critics.

Like a lot of people we have been duped into watching a move simply because it won an Oscar, only to dislike the film.

TehLlama
01-16-15, 08:55
It was then that I understood Academy Awards didn't mean a damn thing and it was basically Hollywood rewarding itself for it's work because certainly nobody else was going to take the time to kiss their ass.

That realization ruined every single circle-jerk award show for me from age 7 onward.

Jer
01-16-15, 09:49
I don't give a hobo's dump about the Oscars. Heard Clint Eastwood wasn't even nominated for directing American Sniper and it proved that idiot parade has zero credibility.

Averageman
01-16-15, 10:01
Maybe the Academy could have a new Award, "The Token."
And the speech goes
"Although based soley upon its individual merits this movie deserves no award, but because of political correctness, the race, creed or color of the actors, writers or directors, or wtf even the guy operating the catering truck, this years "Token" goes to...."
Thanks Al Sharpton, by following your race based theory of rewards you have again managed to lessen the achievements of all others around you.

Dienekes
01-16-15, 11:22
Read the book; going to see the movie tomorrow. Haven't been in a theatre in about a year now, and I think that was for "Lone Survivor". Most of my movie watching these days is streamed from Amazon, and a lot of those are foreign movies.

Grownups could care less what Hollywood thinks about anything.

Jer
01-16-15, 11:30
Read the book; going to see the movie tomorrow. Haven't been in a theatre in about a year now, and I think that was for "Lone Survivor". Most of my movie watching these days is streamed from Amazon, and a lot of those are foreign movies.

Grownups could care less what Hollywood thinks about anything.

Couldn't care less.

Serpico1985
01-16-15, 15:58
The movie sucked. Flat out, straight up, sucked. Horrible "Texas" accent, cheesy cut scenes, character development, script, take your pick. It was not good. And I like Bradley Cooper as an actor and Eastwood as a director. I quite frankly can't believe the movie got nominated at all, much less for best actor and best picture.

HKGuns
01-16-15, 16:06
Yawn.

jaydoc1
01-16-15, 16:14
The movie sucked. Flat out, straight up, sucked. Horrible "Texas" accent, cheesy cut scenes, character development, script, take your pick. It was not good. And I like Bradley Cooper as an actor and Eastwood as a director. I quite frankly can't believe the movie got nominated at all, much less for best actor and best picture.

You and I saw two very different movies.

Moose-Knuckle
01-16-15, 22:39
Kill me now, I just can't take the BS anymore.

Al Sharpton Calls For Emergency Meeting To Address 'Appalling' All-White Oscar Nominees (http://www.businessinsider.com/al-sharpton-blasts-appalling-oscars-2015-1)

This Will Be The Whitest Oscars Since 1998 (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/15/whitest-oscars_n_6466052.html)

Meanwhile Oprah's ****ing movie about King incorrectly depicts LBJ as being opposed to the civil rights movement. After all we have to make sure all the white people are the bad guy, even the one who dedicated his entire Presidency to civil rights no matter how absurd the demands were.

But nobody is really talking about that. To point out the racial bias and inaccuracies in Oprahs film would be "racist." And as the NAACP representative pointed out, the film is a drama and not a documentary so it doesn't have to be historically or racially accurate.

Really the only problem is if it is not automatically nominated and considered the oscar pick, and we need greater diversity in the films selected, it is wrong to select simply based upon artistic considerations.

Perhaps we should start protesting the BET Awards, The Esscene Awards, the EBR Awards, et al.

I have no problem with the Miss Black Nude Pageant, but I don’t discriminate and wish to see beautiful nude women of all races and ethnicities. So I would like to see a Miss White Nude, Miss Asian Nude, Miss Hispanic Nude, etc. . .

In my entire life span, I think we might be at the MOST racist point I've ever seen in this country.

This is spot on.

MountainRaven
01-16-15, 22:58
Terminal Lance - American Sniper Review (http://terminallance.com/2015/01/16/american-sniper-review/).

I also watched Bob "MovieBob" Chapman's review of this movie. MovieBob didn't like it, Max did. Both agree that the movie really says nothing at all about any of the subject matter: Not Kyle, not the war in Iraq, not PTSD, nothing.

Pilot1
01-17-15, 07:52
Bradley Cooper is a big lib, and huge Obama supporter, so it is difficult for me to feel sorry for him with regards to an Oscar nomination or award. Just another brainwashed collective, statist/progressive.