PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Delivery Woman Shoots Robber in the Face

HD1911
01-15-15, 17:04
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/15/papa-john-pizza-stands-by-employee-who-shot-armed-robber-in-self-defense/

Glad she isn't going to get fired.

This is Rich: "The safety of Papa John's employees is a top priority for our company, " the company said in an email to FoxNews.com. "Company policy prohibits employees from utilizing firearms in the performance of their duties. We plan no changes to our current policy, which is designed to protect customers and employees," the statement read.

Makes perfect sense to me....

GTF425
01-15-15, 17:10
The only better outcome would have been Mr. Donquaz and his friend taking dirt naps together.

wildcard600
01-15-15, 17:10
Top priorty is covering thier own asses.

SteyrAUG
01-15-15, 17:18
"While Papa John's prohibits employees -- including delivery drivers -- from carrying firearms on the job, the pizza giant said Thursday the woman would not be let go from the company. She instead will be reassigned to another role, according to the company."

Good enough for me. But I wonder if a male employee did the same if he would be afforded the same consideration.

sadmin
01-15-15, 17:39
"While Papa John's prohibits employees -- including delivery drivers -- from carrying firearms on the job, the pizza giant said Thursday the woman would not be let go from the company. She instead will be reassigned to another role, according to the company."

Good enough for me. But I wonder if a WHITE male employee did the same if he would be afforded the same consideration.

FIFY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
01-15-15, 17:55
FIFY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure in this case. Most places are pretty comfortable about dismissing ANY male employee with an actual gun when a stated weapon policy exists. I think the only thing that saved somebody in this case was the whole "single female working for a living who was being attacked" thing and nobody wanted to be the bad guy.

SOWT
01-16-15, 11:37
Papa John will eventually get sued by the family of a CHL Holder who did not carry because he/she didn't want to lose their job.

They better hope I am not on the jury.

M&P15T
01-16-15, 11:55
"The woman, who had a gun in her pocket, was able to fire at the man while on the ground -- striking the alleged assailant, identified as 24-year-old Donquaz Stevenson, in the face."

http://www.fataldownflaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/boom-headshot.jpg

Moose-Knuckle
01-17-15, 00:07
Papa John will eventually get sued by the family of a CHL Holder who did not carry because he/she didn't want to lose their job.

They better hope I am not on the jury.

This is where I'm at. We have a member here who delivers pizza on the side for extra money for his family. If you are in your own POV how can a company tell a person the 2nd Amendment does not apply to them? On the company's proptery cool, but not in an employee's POV driving all over God's green Earth.

MistWolf
01-17-15, 00:55
If I were being robbed, I'd rather be fired than shot

TriviaMonster
01-17-15, 08:50
I think their wording of utilizing is clever. They can't use a weapon while performing their duties. She used a weapon when it was no longer a delivery. Sounds okay to me.