PDA

View Full Version : MI's buffer tube sling attachment

mark5pt56
06-12-06, 15:06
Has anyone used this sling attachment, the one that slides over the buffer tube and clamps down.

I have been using the CQD plates, but the MI is about the same cost and if the tube is already on, there's no disassembly.

Anyhow, does it stay put? Does it interfere with the stock closing fully and does it lock around the threads to keep it more secure with no slippage?

Mark

Patrick Aherne
06-12-06, 15:54
I purchased about 25 of them because I was not going to be given the time to take off all the buffer tubes on our department rifles AND I couldn't get the Tango Down sling attachment, no one had them in the numbers I needed. They work ok, but if you have a non-staked castle nut, like on a Bushmaster, and you run the gun hard, you can wind up loosening the castle nut and having problems.

Bottom line, they are ok if you are willing to keep an eye on them and perform regualr maintenance. If I had to do it over again, I would buy the Tango Down product; it's worth the extra $35.

mark5pt56
06-12-06, 16:14
Ok, I stake the plates on mine-use a center punch. I looked at the TD, just got of the phone with them. I would like to try out on each to see.
Does MI make one with the push buttom like the TD?

Mark

C4IGrant
06-12-06, 16:35
Ok, I stake the plates on mine-use a center punch. I looked at the TD, just got of the phone with them. I would like to try out on each to see.
Does MI make one with the push buttom like the TD?

Mark

Yes they do and I think I have one in stock! :D

C4

mark5pt56
06-12-06, 19:29
I went with the DD one, Thanks Grant!--and all the other stuff :)

Pat_Rogers
06-14-06, 17:27
The TD units are good to go. I asked them to do that 2 years ago, after the unit i was training had jury rigged their slings, with varying degree's of success.
I called Jeff on the cell while leaving the range. He had a CAD drawing in my hand over dinner the next night. The PR-4 and PR 16 (that is a hint) are well worth the extra money.

sledge42
06-30-06, 16:36
this might not be the same but i use GG&G QD side mounts on my M4 and with the 6 position stock i like the way it works for me....just a note