PDA

View Full Version : 'Active Shooter' at mall in Melbourne, FL

jet66
01-17-15, 13:43
Happened early this morning, it's been the 'big news' here. Supposedly an ex-husband shot his ex-wife and her boyfriend, then himself near/in the food court. That part is unconfirmed the last I knew, but that is the word around social media.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2015/1/17/melbourne_mall.html

MBtech
01-17-15, 13:50
Pick a crowded mall with innocent people all around to be an idiot... brilliant. If he was going to turn the gun on himself anyway why not just do that in the first place at home and spare everyone else the tragedy? Sorry, that's too much common sense for a duechebag.

SilverBullet432
01-17-15, 14:00
Location is location. If he would have done this at her house most of us would never have heard about it.

MountainRaven
01-17-15, 15:06
Pick a crowded mall with innocent people all around to be an idiot... brilliant. If he was going to turn the gun on himself anyway why not just do that in the first place at home and spare everyone else the tragedy? Sorry, that's too much common sense for a duechebag.

This.

It seems that he should have skipped the filler and went straight to the ending.

Failure2Stop
01-17-15, 20:02
Doesn't sound like a very "active" shooter.

Voodoo_Man
01-17-15, 20:58

Depends on the definition of the week.

It stopped being "active" when he shot himself like the POS he was.

SilverBullet432
01-17-15, 21:21

:sarcastic:

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-17-15, 22:11
More of a Pathetic Shooter.

T2C
01-17-15, 22:15
It does not sound like it fits the definition of "active shooter." It sounds like a Domestic Violence incident that occurred at the mall.

jet66
01-18-15, 07:08
That was why I put it in 'tic marks,' but I suppose that's just part of the current protocols to call it that when it's in a public setting. My wife is a reservist, the alert call she received also referred to it as an 'active shooter.' The earliest reports said the shooter was 'contained' as well, it sounds like he 'contained' himself just before the police got to the food court.

A lot of the stories are calling it an apparent case of domestic violence. Three handguns were recovered at the scene, as well as the shooter having "several pockets full of ammunition. The wife is in the hospital, listed as 'good' condition. There is still no verification if there was something going on between the man who was killed and the wife as a motivation.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-reported-florida-mall/story?id=28294284