PDA

View Full Version : Africa Still Paying the French?

WillBrink
01-18-15, 16:55
I'm unsure of the accuracy of the claims made here, but if on the up and up, bad mojo for French and their values. This is a long but interesting read:

14 African Countries Forced by France to Pay Colonial Tax For the Benefits of Slavery and Colonization

At this very moment I’m writing this article, 14 african countries are obliged by France, trough a colonial pact, to put 85% of their foreign reserve into France central bank under French minister of Finance control. Until now, 2014, Togo and about 13 other african countries still have to pay colonial debt to France. African leaders who refuse are killed or victim of coup. Those who obey are supported and rewarded by France with lavish lifestyle while their people endure extreme poverty, and desperation.

It’s such an evil system even denounced by the European Union, but France is not ready to move from that colonial system which puts about 500 billions dollars from Africa to its treasury year in year out.

We often accuse African leaders of corruption and serving western nations interests instead, but there is a clear explanation for that behavior. They behave so because they are afraid the be killed or victim of a coup. They want a powerful nation to back them in case of aggression or trouble. But, contrary to a friendly nation protection, the western protection is often offered in exchange of these leaders renouncing to serve their own people or nations’ interests.

http://www.siliconafrica.com/france-colonial-tax/

SteyrAUG
01-18-15, 17:02
Colonial Tax For the Benefits of Slavery and Colonization

Easily the most hilarious thing I've read on the internet so far for 2015. Really, really hoping it is true.

Mjolnir
01-24-15, 21:11
Yes.

Try to tell people this and they let their preconceived notions color their perception of the place.

All is NOT as it seems in this world.

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

HKGuns
01-24-15, 23:00
I was completely ignorant of this situation. How sad to not know something like this while living in the Information Age.

I have never cared for the French, primarily because of their arrogance and disdain for Americans. This is despicable..