PDA

View Full Version : Guy breaks through door w/machete, shot on vid

WillBrink
01-18-15, 17:35
In our current society, everything must be on vid. Before you say it: WTF is up with that door? My interior doors are better built. A lesson about doors perhaps being a POS in many apartment buildings I suppose. I have changed the front door on my own dime when I rented apartments and the door clearly not up to snuff due to cheap landlords before owning my own home. Anyway....

3:56
"HHHHNG you killed me.."
"What?, you where gonna kill me!"
"Yeah your right i was.."
"... well then i did the right thing"
"You did"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bsAMSQ13bY

More story and source HERE (http://idahostatejournal.com/members/crime-victim-newly-released-video-brings-back-terrifying-shining-/article_878e6792-9ef2-11e4-98b3-4f40d061ad26.html?mode=image)

nimdabew
01-18-15, 17:38
He got what he deserved. Then again, crappy door is crappy.

madisonsfinest
01-18-15, 17:40
Good shoot. Damn that door must've been made from Balsa wood!

Eurodriver
01-18-15, 17:47
Good example of how even multiple shots don't make a dude fly backwards.

JBecker 72
01-18-15, 17:56
Pretty crazy video. Glad he was able to protect himself and his girlfriend.

cinco
01-18-15, 18:03
In our current society, everything must be on vid. Before you say it: WTF is up with that door? My interior doors are better built. A lesson about doors perhaps being a POS in many apartment buildings I suppose. I have changed the front door on my own dime when I rented apartments and the door clearly not up to snuff due to cheap landlords before owning my own home. Anyway....

3:56
"HHHHNG you killed me.."
"What?, you where gonna kill me!"
"Yeah your right i was.."
"... well then i did the right thing"
"You did"

Even goes to show when, apparently, the shooter had had a talk with Twain the other day about threatening him - dumb asses are dumb asses who simply do NOT think of the consequences for their actions.

Kept thinking of dumb ass lying on the floor after being shot and hearing his reaction to being dealt with and picturing Forrest instead...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JH2KaIAQ-E

glocktogo
01-18-15, 18:16
It should be against building codes to use a hollow core door for an exterior door of a domicile.

As for the perp, he lived and took 10 years on a plea deal. Think he learned his lesson? I'm doubtful. :(

TAZ
01-18-15, 20:40
It should be against building codes to use a hollow core door for an exterior door of a domicile.

As for the perp, he lived and took 10 years on a plea deal. Think he learned his lesson? I'm doubtful. :(

How in the hell does someone who tears through a door with a machette to kill the residents even get a plea deal. WTF is wrong with whoever is manning the helm. Anyone involved with offering and accepting a deal needs to be unemployed ASAFP.

MorphCross
01-18-15, 21:32
Was this an actual commercially operated apartment or a private residence converted into apartments? If the latter I can understand how it missed being inspected. As far as every thing else goes at first I thought it was a well acted skit, apparently though you can't make this stuff up. Sentencing is what it is, I have to wonder if after the trial the defense attorney, judge, and prosecutor met up for a round of 18 holes.

Whiskey_Bravo
01-18-15, 23:43
Worst mobile home hollow interior door I have ever seen, and on an exterior door? How in the hell does that thing even stand up to being shut and not fall apart.

SteyrAUG
01-19-15, 00:08
How in the hell does someone who tears through a door with a machette to kill the residents even get a plea deal. WTF is wrong with whoever is manning the helm. Anyone involved with offering and accepting a deal needs to be unemployed ASAFP.

Our legal system is screwed. It's no longer about right and wrong, it certainly isn't about justice.

It's about defense lawyers winning their case by any means possible, sometimes even in violation of the law and it's about prosecutors winning their case by any means possible, sometimes even in violation of the law. This is how lawyers are advanced and gain rewards.

I was once a witness for a case, keep in mind I wasn't directly involved in any way, shape or form beyond seeing what happened from across the street. During the deposition the defense lawyer tried to paint me as a "bad guy" and even went so far as to see if he could paint me as an instigator in the event and tried to establish a history of confrontation between myself and his client. Thankfully it blew up in his face when I informed him that I was actually a witness FOR his client from another separate event that happened six months earlier.

As soon as I got home I contacted the other defense lawyer, informed them what happened and cited conflict of interest and faulty memory as reasons I could no longer continue assisting them with the case. Amazingly enough I never heard back from the defense lawyer on the more current case.

But despite a history of drug use, possession, domestic violence and illegal weapon charges, the individual in question who was charged with felony assault was able to plea down to a misdemeanor and got one year probation which ended in 7 months for "good behavior."

C-grunt
01-19-15, 00:10
Back when I worked in the ghetto there were several crap hole apartment complexes with doors like that.

markm
01-19-15, 08:23
Good example of how even multiple shots don't make a dude fly backwards.

Needed more knock down power.

HD1911
01-19-15, 09:40
And yet that poor couple will have to live with the fear of what may or may not happen when he gets out.

Too bad the POS isn't six foot under.

Steyr's post was spot on.

Abraham
01-19-15, 11:11
Does anyone know where the criminal was hit, how many times and with what caliber?

Plus, the criminal sounded drunk. Of course, his being in what sounded like enormous pain could certainly be the reason his voice would be abnormal sounding...

nimdabew
01-19-15, 11:11
Back when I worked in the ghetto there were several crap hole apartment complexes with doors like that.

When I loved in crap hole apartments, I knocked on the exterior door to see if it is a cardboard door. I am glad I don't have to live in crap hole apartments anymore.

HD1911
01-19-15, 11:21
Does anyone know where the criminal was hit, how many times and with what caliber?

Plus, the criminal sounded drunk. Of course, his being in what sounded like enormous pain could certainly be the reason his voice would be abnormal sounding...

Read this: http://m.idahostatejournal.com/members/crime-victim-newly-released-video-brings-back-terrifying-shining-/article_878e6792-9ef2-11e4-98b3-4f40d061ad26.html?mode=jqm

Abraham
01-19-15, 11:41
HD1911,

Thank you for the link.

3 shots of 9mm to the COM (chest) and the criminal survived.

Of course, we don't know if they were FMJ's. Probably were, but who knows? If they were high quality JHP's, and only stopped the criminal, maybe I'll be moving up to a 45 caliber as I currently carry a Glock 19 with 9 mm, JHP Speer Gold Dot, 124 grain, +P, but maybe even that isn't enough if the criminal is motivated enough...

M&P15T
01-19-15, 11:49
HD1911,

Thank you for the link.

Of course, we don't know if they were FMJ's. Probably were, but who knows? If they were high quality JHP's, and only stopped the criminal, maybe I'll be moving up to a 45 caliber as I currently carry a Glock 19 with 9 mm, JHP Speer Gold Dot, 124 grain, +P, but maybe even that isn't enough if the criminal is motivated enough...

.45ACP isn't a step up from 9MM, .40, or .357SIG. The 4 main service caliber cartridges all have basically the same effectiveness. And ammo selection doesn't make much difference either.

Pistols suck for stopping threats. If someone wants to continue the attack, unless you've hit them in the head or spine, they will.

Eurodriver
01-19-15, 11:53
HD1911,

Thank you for the link.

Guy hit twice with a .45, still lived. Maybe you need a .500 S&W?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz4tOc1GLgo

Or maybe we can accept that handgun rounds have poor terminal ballistics and it really comes down to shot placement and distance. Remember, even a guy shot right through the heart has 4 seconds of fully fueled rage left in him.

C-grunt
01-19-15, 12:11
Ive investigated a decent amount of shootings with handguns and witnessed a few in Iraq as well. Shot placement > penetration > caliber. Ive seen people messed up by 22s out of a pocket gun and Ive seen people seemingly shrug off getting double lunged by a 45.

I have a buddy at work that got into a wrestling match over his duty gun with an armed robbery suspect. He was able to turn the gun into the suspect and shot him in the head. The 230 grn HST +P entered his head on the left side slightly above his left eye and exited his right neck below his ear. That guy survived. The guy that got double lunged was shooting at officers from a 2nd floor walkway at an apartment complex. Officer shooting upwards hits the suspect in the side ribcage. Same 230 HST +P exits around the other armpit. Suspect drops gun and runs off. After a short foot pursuit suspect then fights with three officers who finally subdue him and handcuff him. The officers then walk him out of the complex to the ambulance where he codes on the way to the hospital. I think he survived as well.

Ive seen an Iraqi Police officer smoke an insurgent at around 80 yards (completely luck shot) with 124 grn NATO ball and the dude dropped DRT. I worked a suicide where a lady shot herself once in the chest with a 22 which dropped her DRT.

223to45
01-19-15, 12:30
Seriously is that door even real?? And I thought my steel door was weak.

Abraham
01-19-15, 13:02
I did read about a criminal shot with a 12 ga. slug entering at 2:00 and exiting at 8:00 who then got away.

He turned himself a week later with his lawyer.

Too be sure, he was worse for wear, but lived.

A 12 ga. slug is a .72 caliber...

cbx
01-19-15, 14:51
Why does idaho only make the news for this kind of ****ed up stuff?

Pocatello is a hell hole anyway, literally. The stink of phosphorus and sulfur there from the mill is really nice on a windy day.

They used to have aids problems there too.

Mauser KAR98K
01-19-15, 19:32
Ive investigated a decent amount of shootings with handguns and witnessed a few in Iraq as well. Shot placement > penetration > caliber. Ive seen people messed up by 22s out of a pocket gun and Ive seen people seemingly shrug off getting double lunged by a 45.

I have a buddy at work that got into a wrestling match over his duty gun with an armed robbery suspect. He was able to turn the gun into the suspect and shot him in the head. The 230 grn HST +P entered his head on the left side slightly above his left eye and exited his right neck below his ear. That guy survived. The guy that got double lunged was shooting at officers from a 2nd floor walkway at an apartment complex. Officer shooting upwards hits the suspect in the side ribcage. Same 230 HST +P exits around the other armpit. Suspect drops gun and runs off. After a short foot pursuit suspect then fights with three officers who finally subdue him and handcuff him. The officers then walk him out of the complex to the ambulance where he codes on the way to the hospital. I think he survived as well.

Ive seen an Iraqi Police officer smoke an insurgent at around 80 yards (completely luck shot) with 124 grn NATO ball and the dude dropped DRT. I worked a suicide where a lady shot herself once in the chest with a 22 which dropped her DRT.

Adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

Best rounds are those that don't over penetrat but can pierce the spine.

HD1911
01-19-15, 21:00
HD1911,

Thank you for the link.

Welcome, sir.

I'm curious as to what exact Rounds were utilized and where exactly they impacted and the resulting Damage... Still pissed thinking about the Psycho surviving this.

C-grunt, good stuff... thanks for sharing.

3 AE
01-19-15, 21:41
What I've gleaned so far from all of the good posts here is, "No matter what you use with whatever ammo, keep shooting until the threat stops!.That is all!"

HD1911
01-19-15, 22:02
What I've gleaned so far from all of the good posts here is, "No matter what you use with whatever ammo, keep shooting until the threat stops!.That is all!"

Indeed. Words to live by.

Moose-Knuckle
01-20-15, 04:45
Dude burst througth your door you empy the mag, he could have jumped up and finished what he had started.

Moose-Knuckle
01-20-15, 04:54
double tap.

3 AE
01-20-15, 12:58
double tap.

To the head, right?!! Isn't that called the "Texas Two Step"? ;)

Honu
01-20-15, 15:11
often wondered why were they recording toward the door like that ?

previous issues maybe ? but always makes me wonder

Moose-Knuckle
01-21-15, 06:19
To the head, right?!! Isn't that called the "Texas Two Step"? ;)

Hah! I love it . . .

Moose-Knuckle
01-21-15, 06:22
often wondered why were they recording toward the door like that ?

previous issues maybe ? but always makes me wonder

I was wondering the same thing, how is it that people are recording at that exact moment. Security cameras sure they record 24/7, only thing I can think of is that they knew the guy since they called him by name and he must either get drunk and go on rampages like that with some regularity or he his mental and goes off his meds and when they heard him down the hall they started recording "just in case".

Eurodriver
01-21-15, 06:24
The article explains all of this, Moose.

He has done this before (why they bought the gun) and he had already punched the walls out in his own apartment and broken into a neighbors apartment before this. They were aware of it hence the recording and already being on the phone with 911

Moose-Knuckle
01-21-15, 06:43
The article explains all of this, Moose.

He has done this before (why they bought the gun) and he had already punched the walls out in his own apartment and broken into a neighbors apartment before this. They were aware of it hence the recording and already being on the phone with 911

After watching the 4:00 vid I didn't read the linked article. But makes since for sure, kind of like your pyscho neighbor that likes to punch his small dog.

Eurodriver
01-21-15, 07:15
Wasn't insinuating any inability to read on your part ;) just that if you want you can read the article and get a feel for the whole situation.

Makes it even more unbelievable he only got 10 years