PDA

View Full Version : Nite Owl ???

Elkhound
01-19-15, 07:18
Another choice in the 9 mm and soon, the .45 acp market.

http://www.guns.com/2015/01/16/introducing-nite-owl-firearms-and-its-no9-r/

It appears that they NO9 is coming out this quarter. Has anyone handled one yet, or have an opinion on the company?

zombiescometh
01-19-15, 07:29
The true left handed version sounds interesting.

Elkhound
01-19-15, 10:30
I'm a righty, so the left hand feature is not critical to me. However, it should have appeal to the lefties who would like a true left handed handgun with the brass ejecting to the left. I would have preferred it to be Glock mag. compatible, and to initially offer night sights.

montrala
01-19-15, 18:02
I'm left handed. I fail to see a point of moving ejection port to other side of pistol. Really. You either have your pistol in front of left or right eye - how far is from one to other? Does not make any difference if brass goes left or right.

Also I would prefer ambi design to dedicated left hand design, becouse if I use my right hand, I have exactly same control over my pistol as when using left one.

But I understand strategy. When one want to get with new product, he has 3 choices:

1. To make something much better - hard to do with VP9* around.
2. To make something cheaper - VP9* cost same or less.
3. To make something different - and here comes "dedicated version for right handed and for left handed" - VP9* is evidently inferior as pistol that use compromises to be for both handed.

Kind like reminds me of "special mugs in two versions for one handed people with handle on side that person has hand".

*- VP9 used for illustration purpose.