PDA

View Full Version : Glock sight recomendations

P2Vaircrewman
01-19-15, 15:41
I want to replace the stock sights on my G19, it is my daily carry gun. I am looking at the Truglo composite tritium/fiber optic sights and the Ameriglo CAP or I Dot tritium sights. Any opinion on these or any others. I have 70 year old eyes and need something easy to pick up. I like the Ameriglo CAP or I Dot for night but not sure about during the day, seems the Truglo composite would be better in the day. Thanks.

Maineshooter
01-19-15, 17:34
I want to replace the stock sights on my G19, it is my daily carry gun. I am looking at the Truglo composite tritium/fiber optic sights and the Ameriglo CAP or I Dot tritium sights. Any opinion on these or any others. I have 70 year old eyes and need something easy to pick up. I like the Ameriglo CAP or I Dot for night but not sure about during the day, seems the Truglo composite would be better in the day. Thanks.

I have been running Trijicon HDs since last summer. I can't say enough good things about them. The orange front sight is lightning fast to pick up during the daytime. At night all you can see are the standard three tritium dots.

tonyxcom
01-19-15, 18:19
I prefer the iDot Pro's for night sights. You can get them for 70ish from Lanbo's Armory.

MrSunday
01-19-15, 18:25
I'm using Trijicon HD's with the orange fronts on my 17 and 19. Work well in both daylight and darkness.

CatSnipah
01-19-15, 18:29
I've also been interested in this switch, so I will be watching other responses. Thanks.

drtywk
01-19-15, 18:47
I run Ameriglo Hackathorns on all of my Glock pistols, except for my 17 with RMR. For me they offer the simplest sight picture and work well at night.

Sam
01-19-15, 19:02
Ameriglo Hackathorn front and rear or the Wilson/Vickers rear with matching tritium front.

I handled a Lipsey's exclusive Glock Larry Vickers G17 with the Wilson rear sight. The wide U notch really allowed quick front sight pick up.

Tungsten
01-19-15, 19:08
I used to run either Sevingy Tactical or Warren Tactical on my Glocks and M&Ps but recently picked up a set of Ameriglo i-Dot Professional with orange outline around the front Tritium vial and loved them enough to order more to replace all of the above mentioned sights.

aflin
01-19-15, 19:09
Ameriglo Hackathorn front and rear or the Wilson/Vickers rear with matching tritium front.

I handled a Lipsey's exclusive Glock Larry Vickers G17 with the Wilson rear sight. The wide U notch really allowed quick front sight pick up.

At first, I didn't know what to think of the wide U notch Wilson sights. However, after shooting my buddies LAV glock 19. I really started to like them. Definitely fast sight acquisition, very easy to track the front post. My only complaint is the POA, the Wilson glock sights cover up the B-8 Bullseye.

I personally prefer and run the Defoor Sights. Defoor sights POA cuts the bullseye in half allowing me to really fine tune the sight picture. Front sight is really narrow, serrations help cut down the glare in the sun.

The only con...it's all black. Wish Ameriglo would have tritium on the defoors.

El Cid
01-19-15, 19:10
I have been running Trijicon HDs since last summer. I can't say enough good things about them. The orange front sight is lightning fast to pick up during the daytime. At night all you can see are the standard three tritium dots.

Another vote for the HD's. Not only is the front fast and easy to see in daylight, but the Orange portion is photo luminescent. Shine a bright light on it for a few seconds and it glows brightly enough that it's like a red dot on the nose of the gun.

In addition the U notch rear is faster to center in my experience and they eliminate the rear white outlines to keep the focus on the front. My match times have improved significantly since adopting these sights. Eventually they will be on all my handguns.

calviroman
01-19-15, 19:27
Trijicon HD, in either color. I've removed and sold all my other iron sights and only run these now. Trijicon is running a 40% deal for GWOT era veterans right now through the end of 2015, otherwise optics planet seems to have OK prices on these.

LibertyNeverDies
01-19-15, 19:40
Another vote for Trijicon HDs. I like the yellow better personally and take a sharpie and dull the rear viles. A Trijicon HD front with your rear of choice would also be great!

HD1911
01-19-15, 21:17
No one running 3 dot Tritiums with White Rings around the Vials anymore? Like Glock OEM Trijicons or Mepros? I seem to be gravitating back to them after many years and several different sight combos.

SeriousStudent
01-19-15, 21:32
Older eyes here as well. I am a big fan of the Ameriglo Hackathorn's. I have them on all my Glocks except for two teaching guns, which have the Ameriglo Defoor's.

Up1911fan
01-19-15, 21:41
I like the Ameriglo TCAP's.

cathellsk
01-19-15, 21:51
No one running 3 dot Tritiums with White Rings around the Vials anymore? Like Glock OEM Trijicons or Mepros? I seem to be gravitating back to them after many years and several different sight combos.

I have been. Just recently got a new GEN4 26 and put factory Glock night sights on it. My GEN 2, 3, & 4 19s have Heinie Ledges. The Vickers RTF2 19 has the Wilsons on it.
I've tried the HDs, various Ameriglos, Warrens but finally settled on the Heinies.

HD1911
01-19-15, 22:05
I have been. Just recently got a new GEN4 26 and put factory Glock night sights on it. My GEN 2, 3, & 4 19s have Heinie Ledges. The Vickers RTF2 19 has the Wilsons on it.
I've tried the HDs, various Ameriglos, Warrens but finally settled on the Heinies.

Sweet... what do you think of them? I'm actually coming off of Heinie Straight 8 Ledges and 10-8 .140 U Notch Rear with .215x.125 Tritium Fronts... and I find I'm faster and more comfortable with the 3 dot Cheapies with the White Rings around the Vials. So far, out to 20 yards, I'm really not giving anything up in the Precision Department, but gaining a ton in Speed and Acquisition, especially under less than ideal lighting conditions.

Arctic1
01-19-15, 22:06
I like the Battlehook sights from Henning Group.

They come in various configs; black rear/black front, black rear/tritium front, tritium rear/tritium front, black rear/fiber front.

Also has a tritium rear with a wider notch, called Ultra Carry.

Solid sights.

MegademiC
01-19-15, 22:26
Im a huge fan of U-notch and bright painted front site(with tritium on front and back).

I cant tell if I like idots or 3dot- don't think its a big difference.

Trijicon HD seem to be the glock19 of sights right now. I went with an idot option from another company and love them.

Basically, any of the major choices recommended here will serve you really well. Im probably not helping you out-sorry.

sasage
01-20-15, 09:19
I am running a 220 ProGlo front and a 10-8 rear. I would love to try the thin tritium or tcap but I would need to swap the rear out again as it would be too tall for the front sight.

P2Vaircrewman
01-20-15, 09:41
Decisions, decisions, decisions, thanks all.

WickedWillis
01-20-15, 10:20
Trijicon HD's are my personal favorite handgun sight anymore. I have them on my Glock 19, The U-Notch on the nearly blacked out rear, paired with the large orange dot on the front has made me a faster and more confident handgun shooter. I am saving up to put them on all of my handguns now.

PureBS90
01-20-15, 11:12
I am a huge fan of Ameriglo sights. I have them on all my Glocks, Sig, and M&P Shield. They have set up very similar to the Trijicon HD's and are a bit cheaper called the Spartan Tactical. Blacked out rear with either a large Orange or Lime front sight. They don't have the U-Notch like the Trijicon HD's but I my opinion, I'm not a huge fan of the large U-Notch, I like the tighter site picture of the Ameriglo's.

sasage
01-20-15, 11:40
The ameriglo hacks on my shield are 140 front and 165 rear.....very comparable to the trijicons

MegademiC
01-20-15, 16:43
Ameriglo operator I dot pros are reasonably priced and have the unotch. It's what I'm using.

GregP220
01-20-15, 19:25
Another Ameriglo fan here :neo: Well worth a hard look.

Linea_de_Fuego
01-20-15, 23:18
The Ameriglo hacks on my G19 are 140 front and 180 rear.

cathellsk
01-21-15, 01:41
Sweet... what do you think of them? I'm actually coming off of Heinie Straight 8 Ledges and 10-8 .140 U Notch Rear with .215x.125 Tritium Fronts... and I find I'm faster and more comfortable with the 3 dot Cheapies with the White Rings around the Vials. So far, out to 20 yards, I'm really not giving anything up in the Precision Department, but gaining a ton in Speed and Acquisition, especially under less than ideal lighting conditions.

I like them, bigger vials than Trijicon and the rear notch is slightly wider (seems to be to me) than Meprolights. The three dots have never been an issue to me, plus I'm just used to them. I don't know, sometimes I just get that retro feeling too to have just "normal" sights.

Ranger45
01-25-15, 08:39
Just installed Ameriglo i-Dot Pros on my G19...love 'em. Hard to beat at $70.

Linea_de_Fuego
01-25-15, 09:21
Just installed Ameriglo i-Dot Pros on my G19...love 'em. Hard to beat at $70.

Is your rear sight centered or drifted right to shoot to POI?

gman44116
01-25-15, 09:51
TruGlo TFO's on my 19. Works for me.

Linea_de_Fuego
01-25-15, 15:17
TruGlo TFO's on my 19. Works for me.

Does this mean that they are centered?

ST2012
01-26-15, 00:47
Another vote for the Tijicon HD's here. I run the orange front on my 21 and love it. Though, as I'm sure you're already aware, literally any of the sights mentioned in this thread will be a massive upgrade to the stock sights.

Ranger45
01-26-15, 06:39
Is your rear sight centered or drifted right to shoot to POI?

Mine are centered. Haven't had any issues with it shooting POI.

JaegerOne
01-26-15, 16:31
AmeriGlo Hackathorns for these 70 year old eyes.

mspmedic
01-30-15, 18:19
Heinie Ledge Straight Eight on all of my pistols. Really like the simple sight picture.

GTF425
01-30-15, 18:23
Really liking the Dawson Carry Rear/Red Fiber Front combo on my newest 17.

My carry gun has Trijicon HDs. Hard to beat those for all around solid performing sights.

P2Vaircrewman
02-01-15, 10:25
I ended up going with the Ameriglo I dot Pro with the U notch. I will report back once it is installed and sighted in.

BuzzinSATX
02-01-15, 10:59
I run Ameriglo Hackathorns on all of my Glock pistols, except for my 17 with RMR. For me they offer the simplest sight picture and work well at night.

Ameriglo Hackathorns are my favorite as well. Tried TRUGLO TFO's, Big Dots, etc. Love the black rear and orange/tritium front

Fishbed77
02-01-15, 17:22
The plain old $60 Glock factory night sights have always worked great for me.

Rekkr870
02-01-15, 17:30
Ameriglo Defoor's.

$30 bucks.

teutonicpolymer
02-01-15, 17:49
Ameriglo Defoor's.

$30 bucks.

Yeah I also like the Defoor's. They are a definite upgrade over the stock plastic sights and cost relatively little money.

samuse
02-01-15, 18:45
Ameriglo Defoor's.

$30 bucks.

Hard to beat DeFoors. I used 'em for the last several years of my Glock shooting. Plenty of low and no light too.