PDA

View Full Version : Homeowner Shoots Police Chief During Raid, No Charges

HD1911
01-19-15, 20:27
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/19/oklahoma-man-at-center-police-shooting-said-never-made-11-call-that-led-to-raid/

Glad both Parties survived this.

Eurodriver
01-19-15, 20:31
Good for all parties in this situation!

No charges. LEO survived. Wonder how he didn't get shot the hell up though!!

HD1911
01-19-15, 20:37
Good for all parties in this situation!

No charges. LEO survived. Wonder how he didn't get shot the hell up though!!

That's what I'm sayin'!!! He needs to go play the Lottery!

SilverBullet432
01-19-15, 21:41
"One does not simply"

Moose-Knuckle
01-20-15, 00:55
Well there it is . . .

But Horton, whom Sentinel's mayor described as a gun enthusiast and neighbors told reporters is a survivalist

Sentinel Mayor Sam Dlugonski described Horton as a gun enthusiast

SteyrAUG
01-20-15, 01:10
WOW.

Amazed at police restraint.

Glad nobody took a head shot.

Vests work.

This is why raid parties need to be 100% identifiable as law enforcement.

I'd take a long look at the neighbor who declared the homeowner a "survivalist" as a potential source of the call.

3 AE
01-20-15, 13:47
If this is another example of "SWAT-ting", hopefully they can identify and apprehend the caller. Personally, anyone caught doing this should be charged with attempted murder, as they are creating a situation that can result in a fatality/fatalities with premeditation and forethought.
Police chief might want to send a thank you note to vest manufacturer. Manufacturer might want to send him a "Freebie". He definitely earned it!

Honu
01-20-15, 14:26
and IMHO to break down doors with a raid of a phone call is getting out of hand ! there would be better ways of doing this and if the raid is based on a 911 call then for sure things have to change and be under better control on the LEO side of things

nova3930
01-20-15, 14:35
and IMHO to break down doors with a raid of a phone call is getting out of hand ! there would be better ways of doing this and if the raid is based on a 911 call then for sure things have to change and be under better control on the LEO side of things

Something that bothers me is the fact they didn't know for sure where the 911 call originated. I thought the whole point of the E911 system was knowing immediately where a call originates so that FRs can be sent even if the call terminates.

My thought is, what if it was some poor sap having a heart attack or something?

montrala
01-21-15, 05:26
Here in Poland (but also in number of other EU countries as far as I know) resisting or defending against actions of Policeman, even if his action are illegal or even criminal, no matter if he identified himself as Police is a criminal offence (I believe you call that felony). This home owner in Poland would get 25 years (maximum penalty here).

Not stopping a car to guy in plain clothes with unmarked car near (car is not required to flash blue lights), that waves his hand in the night on empty road is an offence (I believe you call this misdemeanour) if guy happen to be Policeman.

Do not let your rights slip your hands.

THCDDM4
01-21-15, 11:46
How did that guy not get turned into Swiss cheese?

Lucky dude...

TAZ
01-21-15, 13:07
Something that bothers me is the fact they didn't know for sure where the 911 call originated. I thought the whole point of the E911 system was knowing immediately where a call originates so that FRs can be sent even if the call terminates.

My thought is, what if it was some poor sap having a heart attack or something?

New VOIP phones and services are hack able, he'll so we're regular phone lines. Just took a bit more effort. Someone from a China can spoof your phone number and location and none would know until an investigation was completed. People found guilty of this need to be in jail. They not only endanger lives with the SWAT-ing, but also because eventually response to true emergencies will slow to mitigate accidents.

nova3930
01-21-15, 13:39
New VOIP phones and services are hack able, he'll so we're regular phone lines. Just took a bit more effort. Someone from a China can spoof your phone number and location and none would know until an investigation was completed. People found guilty of this need to be in jail. They not only endanger lives with the SWAT-ing, but also because eventually response to true emergencies will slow to mitigate accidents.

Makes sense that VOIP is spoofable but it's a little shocking that regular old copper phones lines are too...

dwhitehorne
01-21-15, 15:24
Uniform shirts and blue jeans? We can't even get cotton uniform trousers approved. I would imagine all partied involved knew each other for years. I can't believe it didn't turn into a sympathetic fire free for all. David

SteyrAUG
01-21-15, 17:05
How did that guy not get turned into Swiss cheese?

Lucky dude...

I betting that being a friend of the mayor, or at least well known by the mayor might have been a factor.