PDA

View Full Version : and the Atlanta airport

ZDL
07-01-08, 19:00
http://www.examiner.com/a-1467621~Lawsuit_filed_over_Atlanta_airport_barring_guns.html

JSandi
07-01-08, 20:28
While I think you should be allowed to carry anywhere, including onboard planes This won't fly and will be upheld.

:(

HeadHunter
07-01-08, 20:36
"Franklin said she will lobby Congress to withhold federal funds from facilities that
allow firearms on their premises."

I wonder if she will ask to have the withheld funds given to the city to cover the massive fiscal shortfall that has occurred during her administration?

Iraqgunz
07-02-08, 03:09
Not sure how I feel about this. There are lots of airports that do not allow CCW on premises. Having said that I am concerned about a situation happening that will then be blown out of proportion and the anti-gunners will then say "told you so".

czydj
07-02-08, 06:39
Not sure how I feel about this. There are lots of airports that do not allow CCW on premises. Having said that I am concerned about a situation happening that will then be blown out of proportion and the anti-gunners will then say "told you so".

What's different about an airport? Why wouldn't this logic apply to a mall too? FWIW, anything the AG's can get to throw out to the general public will be used to discredit lawful gun ownership and possession...

Business_Casual
07-02-08, 08:31
You can CCW at Virginia airports - outside secured areas.

M_P

Iraqgunz
07-02-08, 12:14
The difference between a mall and airport are obvious. I am concerned that there could be a lapse in security and an incident would happen. There have been more than enough incidents where personnel intentionally got weapons through the airport. Yes, I know that the AG's and others will and have done everything to discredit gun owners. I just don't think we need to give them any ammunition.

What's different about an airport? Why wouldn't this logic apply to a mall too? FWIW, anything the AG's can get to throw out to the general public will be used to discredit lawful gun ownership and possession...

Buckaroo
07-02-08, 13:23
The difference between a mall and airport are obvious. I am concerned that there could be a lapse in security and an incident would happen. There have been more than enough incidents where personnel intentionally got weapons through the airport. Yes, I know that the AG's and others will and have done everything to discredit gun owners. I just don't think we need to give them any ammunition.

Laws will not stop the next "incident" any more than they stopped the last.... I don't understand your point.

Do you mean something like someone will have an ND at the counter or that somebody will off their ex in the non-secure area of an airport?

Just trying to grasp your concerns.

tinman44
07-02-08, 20:05
this basically leads me to believe that franklin could order her police force to confisgate guns like in new orleans. i as always believe it will come down to the men who follow these orders. will you break the law and destroy our country because you are ordered to and posiblly get shot over it (not so sure that would happen but it could) or say no that is unlawful and i wont be doing your bidding today.

heh2k
07-04-08, 11:52
The ban would also violate federal law. You're allowed to travel with firearms thru states regardless of their laws - peaceable journey. Of course, new york and jersey have gotten away with arresting people trying to check firearms for many years. I know a guy who was arrested at jfk airport (plead down to trespassing).