PDA

View Full Version : Subgun War - LWRC

Wake27
01-22-15, 03:22
I know we have threads already for the SIG and CZ offerings, however this one caught my eye even more because of the caliber and I have yet to see a thread for it. If I were going to by one, I think I'd prefer a .45 and LWRC will be offering this eventually. Looks very similar to a UMP, at least to my untrained eye. What do you guys think? I haven't really been interested in the company but I hear good things from some people I respect.

http://youtu.be/QuJ7mPMINOQ

tostado22
01-22-15, 06:51
Looks interesting. I wonder what street price will be? I'm not in a spot to watch the video so I apologize if that's in the video

domestique
01-22-15, 08:01
Meh.... I'd rather see more companies take advantage of customers aleady having SBR'd AR lowers and design a better sub caliber upper.

IF 41P goes into effect there may be a lot of people left out on any new purchases.

eodinert
01-22-15, 16:23
One day I woke up, and everybody said 'pistol calibers are obsolete...long live the rifle caliber', and backed it up with charts and slow motion photography. Then, there was a resurgence of pistol calibers. What's old is new, what's new is old.

I really like the LWRC offering, it's everything the UMP wishes it was, and more. It looks fun, but at the end of the day, it's a .45.

South
01-22-15, 19:53

PatrioticDisorder
01-22-15, 20:17
One day I woke up, and everybody said 'pistol calibers are obsolete...long live the rifle caliber', and backed it up with charts and slow motion photography. Then, there was a resurgence of pistol calibers. What's old is new, what's new is old.

I really like the LWRC offering, it's everything the UMP wishes it was, and more. It looks fun, but at the end of the day, it's a .45.

And they plan to offer in 9mm & .40, but like all things LWRC, this one will take a while to actually become available. I'd like to get one for my girlfriend though, she doesn't deal with recoil very well.

Vash1023
01-23-15, 01:08

he said, 45, 40 and 9... just fyi :)

VIP3R 237
01-23-15, 01:16
I fondled it at Shot and it seems nice even though it's just a prototype, but they are looking 2016 release and expect $2k price point.

Wake27
01-23-15, 01:33
I fondled it at Shot and it seems nice even though it's just a prototype, but they are looking 2016 release and expect $2k price point.

Woah... I think it'd be cool to have but at that price I don't know if it'll be worth it to me. There's already plenty on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottryan
01-24-15, 11:51

I think it is due to a number of factors.

1. Indoor ranges for city dwellers that can't use full power rifle ammo
2. The smallest AR15 still can't fit into a shoe box or laptop briefcase while assembled. These pistol cal guns still have a roll as an sbr or smg
3. Cheaper cost of pistol ammo

I still use my 9mm ARs quite regularly.