PDA

View Full Version : Grip Chop HK VP9?

Mr_Happy1
01-23-15, 14:27
Do you all think it is possible to have a usable VP 9 with a grip chop? I would have the grip made the size of a P2000sk, and use those mags for carry. I know that you would have to somehow secure the grip panels. I would guess pin the rear one and epoxy the side ones.

What are your thoughts on the feasibility of this idea?

Big A
01-23-15, 14:44
Why not just buy a P2000SK or other smaller pistol instead of ****ing up a VP9?

Please keep your dremel away from your HK...

RAM Engineer
01-23-15, 14:58
Sounds ill-advised.

How would you pin the rear panel, with no grip portion left to pin it to? You'd have to epoxy the whole thing.

bzdog
01-23-15, 15:03
I don't have a VP9 yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. Should be able to cut down to take an SK mag.

I did a similar chop on a PPQ and you just need a compatible short mag.

I resorted to epoxy on my PPQ chop.

I don't know about the VP9, but be aware there is probably not an mag over travel protection on a full size like the VP9, so you don't want to slam full size mags in the chopped gun.

And of course the result is probably going to have no resale value.

If you do it, please do a write-up with pics.

DIY PPQc thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=105702

If that's what you want, you can't buy it and are willing to take the risks, why not?!

-john

1911-A1
01-25-15, 11:16
I'd love to see that. I did a chop on my G17, and it's a great fit, but the bonuses are minimal in my opinion. You gain a tiny bit of concealment and a tiny bit of barrel length and muzzle weight, but not much more than that.

In retrospect I'd say that the extra rounds a full-size pistol allows, plus the added ease of drawing from concealment could be considered to outweigh the benefits of a grip chop.

HKGuns
01-25-15, 11:23
I'll tell you the same thing I told the (same?) person over at HKpro.

Buy the appropriate tool for the job. If you can't carry the VP9 sell it and buy the P2KSK, otherwise simply settle for a gLoCk. Trusting your life to a butchered pistol is just silliness.

El Cid
01-25-15, 13:33
I say do it. People do it with Glocks frequently. Just have it done right by a pro.

High Tower
01-25-15, 18:53
I say do it. People do it with Glocks frequently. Just have it done right by a pro.

I think the diference is that there are a million and one Glock frames floating around that you can get if the job gets screwed up. You screw up a VP9 frame and you'll have an expensive slide sitting around.

Biggy
01-25-15, 19:18
This may or may not be an issue when chopping the VP9 grip, but personally I would not chop it. http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1110005863

GregP220
01-26-15, 09:06
You should do a really crappy job just to make heads explode among the HK Koolaid drinkers :cool:

NCGREENSWAMP13
01-28-15, 20:20
Are you chopping it for concealed carry purposes? If so just buy a nice iwb holster, I carry my vp9 every day. I switched from a g32 and the size difference is not a big deal for me. I also live in a free state so printing is not a factor.

Savior 6
01-28-15, 20:40
I wouldn't think it would be feasable with the side and rear grip panels.

ARonBoard
01-28-15, 21:00
Chop it. And let's see it.

Savior 6
01-28-15, 21:37
Chop it. And let's see it.

F*** it, Star Trek that thing. Inquiring minds want to know.