PDA

View Full Version : Media Feeding Frenzy Over Tom Brady and Deflated Balls Despicable

MistWolf
01-23-15, 19:15
The media is creating a storm of controversy about Tom Brady and his deflated balls. It's obvious he is a victim of circumstances and had no control over the matter. It's despicable how the yellow journalists are invading his private life and are only singling out Brady because he's a patriot. You don't hear a word from them about Obama and his deflated balls!

An Undocumented Worker
01-23-15, 19:50
It's despicable that this is what gets coverage these days. So some meatheads cheat while throwing around a ball, whoopdedoo if it's a sport there's people cheating.

Outlander Systems
01-23-15, 20:36
It's despicable that this is what gets coverage these days. So some meatheads cheat while throwing around a ball, whoopdedoo if it's a sport there's people cheating.

Exactly.

Zero. ****s. Given.

kwelz
01-23-15, 22:06
I would bet my entire gun collection that Tommy Boy knew full well what was going on. As the QB he would have to since he handled the balls every play. This is just the most recent in a long line of Patriots cheating. It is their way of doing things and the entire team from players to owners should be banned from the NFL.

El Cid
01-23-15, 22:12
I would bet my entire gun collection that Tommy Boy knew full well what was going on. As the QB he would have to since he handled the balls every play. This is just the most recent in a long line of Patriots cheating. It is their way of doing things and the entire team from players to owners should be banned from the NFL.

Agreed. As soon as the Colt defender caught the interception he knew the ball wasn't properly inflated.

skijunkie55
01-23-15, 22:15
Agreed. As soon as the Colt defender caught the interception he knew the ball wasn't properly inflated.

The Colts actually played defense that game??

J-Dub
01-23-15, 22:18
I'd bet if the damn ball was aired up to 15psi they still would've opened up a can on the colts. This is the NFL doing what they do best. Publicity is good, especially the week before the super bowl.

Plus everyone knows "if you aint cheating, you aint tryin". Competitors push the limits, millions are at stake here.

jpmuscle
01-23-15, 22:19
Although my basket of fcks is so empty on this I have to ask how in the hell does the NFL not have people in place to control the game balls for a championship game? Like really?

ForTehNguyen
01-23-15, 22:48
good distraction from Obamas BS lies and cheating on his SotU

MistWolf
01-23-15, 22:49
The media is awfully quiet about Obama's deflated balls

C-grunt
01-23-15, 23:15
I'm not buying the cheating accusations. The refs handle the balls before and after every play and they didn't notice anything. Also someone brought up the point that if you inflated the balls indoors where the heat is on and then take them outside where it's snowing to play they are naturally going to lose pressure.

I'm not a New England fan either.

Artos
01-23-15, 23:59
The refs check the balls 2 hours & then 15mins before the game & at half time (when they found the 11 under inflated)...no way they could tell from the casual handling but if you think Brady didn't know the difference, then there is not much reason to debate.

He lied...they are known to cheat, period. Doesn't really matter with the 2nd half performance with regulated legal balls anyway. It boils down to character and the brazenness of a team that doesn't need to cheat to get an upper hand. Go Seahawks...

Rules are rules & they deserve the criticism...I however think the rule is silly & should be reconsidered. Why not let each offense adjust the fb to their liking?? It's not like soccer or basketball where teams continuously share the same ball during the game to gain an advantage. Simms liked to over inflate the ball. Who cares...it's not like it's harder to intercept or recover a fumble for the defense.

Follow the rules or change them...right now, I'm just hoping for a good game & seeing the new Carl's Jr commercial.:)

The New Carl's Jr. Girl Charlotte McKinney She will be in the new Carl's Jr. Super Bowl add coming out soon

http://www.highsnobiety.com/files/2014/07/charlotte-mckinney-terry-richardson-studio-01.jpg

bighawk
01-24-15, 00:13
The media is creating a storm of controversy about Tom Brady and his deflated balls. It's obvious he is a victim of circumstances and had no control over the matter. It's despicable how the yellow journalists are invading his private life and are only singling out Brady because he's a patriot. You don't hear a word from them about Obama and his deflated balls!

They dont talk about Obummers balls because he doesnt have any

VIP3R 237
01-24-15, 00:33
I'm no New England fan, but I think its ridiculous how this thing has caught fire so fast just because its the Patriots. If the Titans, or Chiefs, or basically and other team outside of New England or Dallas does the same it might make the scrolling caption on sport center. Also many current and former NFL QB's have same out and said everyone tampers with their balls, some over inflate, some under, some roughen them up, some throw them in a dryer, etc. All of which violate the rules but it only matters when the evil Patriots do it...

He lied...they are known to cheat, period. Doesn't really matter with the 2nd half performance with regulated legal balls anyway. It boils down to character and the brazenness of a team that doesn't need to cheat to get an upper hand. Go Seahawks...

Yeah because the Seahawks never use adderal or violate the practice rules to gain an upper hand either... :rolleyes:

I'm not buying the cheating accusations. The refs handle the balls before and after every play and they didn't notice anything. Also someone brought up the point that if you inflated the balls indoors where the heat is on and then take them outside where it's snowing to play they are naturally going to lose pressure.

That was my first thought as well when the story broke, and it wouldn't surprise me if the NFL finds this to be the reason.

bighawk
01-24-15, 01:13

The problems is that each team has 12 balls of their own.. 11/12 of New Englands balls were underinflated but all of Indys balls were fine. Not that it would have made much of a difference in that game but there is no way a QB of Tom Bradys caliber didnt notice the difference hes full of it.

bighawk
01-24-15, 01:22
I'm no New England fan, but I think its ridiculous how this thing has caught fire so fast just because its the Patriots. If the Titans, or Chiefs, or basically and other team outside of New England or Dallas does the same it might make the scrolling caption on sport center. Also many current and former NFL QB's have same out and said everyone tampers with their balls, some over inflate, some under, some roughen them up, some throw them in a dryer, etc. All of which violate the rules but it only matters when the evil Patriots do it...

Yeah because the Seahawks never use adderal or violate the practice rules to gain an upper hand either... :rolleyes:

That was my first thought as well when the story broke, and it wouldn't surprise me if the NFL finds this to be the reason.

The difference here is that they're not going to do anything about this blatant cheating while every other team in the league or their players get fined for the dumbest little things.

The NFL actually threatened to keep Marshawn Lynch from playing in the NFC championship game only because he wanted to wear all gold cleats instead of his usual cleats which only have gold soles.

After the NFL refusing to allow a Daniel Defense commercial during last years super bowl and their refusal to let any players endorse any alcohol (while one of the NFL's biggest if not the biggest sponsor is Anheuser-Busch) along with all the rules theyre implementing which is absolutely pussifying football I'm completely losing faith in the NFL. If I didn't love professional football so much I would boycott them but I simply cant.

They're hypocrites an its absolute BS

Belmont31R
01-24-15, 02:21
I doubt the difference of a couple psi is something Brady is going to make something of a stink over as to interrupt the game.

And the NFL crew should control the balls. Unless they can prove the Patriots tampered with the balls between the refs inspection and when the balls were again tested then any punishment is absurd. Maybe the refs never tested them or there's some other issue.

I'm not a Pats fan and always joke with my wife about Brady being a male model off the field. But the Colts weren't going to win and the NFL should have the burden of proof that the Patriots tampered with the balls. I'm just as likely to believe the refs were lazy and never tested the balls and just signed off as I'm to believe that the Patriots somehow managed to deflate 11 of 12 game balls on the sly.

SteyrAUG
01-24-15, 02:23

Here's where I am.

Even if somebody deliberately cheated to get an advantage...who freaking cares. It's football. Sad indictment that so many people feel it's so important that it has dominated the news for days. Obama is destroying our country and at the same time declaring he's rescued the economy and we are talking about footballs.

Belmont31R
01-24-15, 02:41
Here's where I am.

Even if somebody deliberately cheated to get an advantage...who freaking cares. It's football. Sad indictment that so many people feel it's so important that it has dominated the news for days. Obama is destroying our country and at the same time declaring he's rescued the economy and we are talking about footballs.

That's why I prefer foreign news. And I've said it before but even Al Jazeera is better than our domestic news. US domestic news is pure entertainment and so biased it's not much different than a sitcom.

Airhasz
01-24-15, 03:11
To me it's no different than doctoring baseballs by pitchers. It's against the rules and players get suspensions, fines etc.

Palmguy
01-24-15, 07:36

Actually Jackson didn't notice anything unusual. The Indy equipment manager he gave the ball to is the one who noticed.

The refs check the balls 2 hours & then 15mins before the game & at half time (when they found the 11 under inflated)...no way they could tell from the casual handling but if you think Brady didn't know the difference, then there is not much reason to debate.

Colts balls were used on both sides before halftime.

That's funny...given that Seattle's secondary essentially operates on the premise that you foul often knowing the refs won't throw a flag on every play.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk

BoringGuy45
01-24-15, 14:48
Roger Goodell needs to go. He runs the NFL like a mix between a political machine and the WWE. Honestly, the quality of play and players has taken a huge nosedive since he took over. Granted, every sport in the written history of mankind has been made up largely of borderline-psychopathic douchebags, and the NFL is no exception, but I haven't seen this many scandals and issue with the NFL in a long time.

Dienekes
01-24-15, 15:18
Jeez, the world is on fire and the barbarians are on the march--and deflated footballs are NEWS? We're screwed worse than I thought.

bighawk
01-25-15, 01:40
That's funny...given that Seattle's secondary essentially operates on the premise that you foul often knowing the refs won't throw a flag on every play.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk

That may be past practice but you clearly haven't watched a single Hawks game this year because their secondary has been hammered with penalties all year long..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koshinn
01-25-15, 02:17
Jeez, the world is on fire and the barbarians are on the march--and deflated footballs are NEWS? We're screwed worse than I thought.

Pretty much.

SilverBullet432
01-25-15, 02:52
There are kids dying of hunger every day and the news cares about a flat ball? If even one of those rich ass ball players was to donate half a million for food. We'd have less hungry kids in the world...

MBtech
01-25-15, 03:16
There are kids dying of hunger every day and the news cares about a flat ball? If even one of those rich ass ball players was to donate half a million for food. We'd have less hungry kids in the world...

I am on board with you 100% While I do enjoy watching sports, they are paid WAY too much money that would be better used elsewhere. The media frenzy on football inflation..?.. par for the course. Colts choked, period. 2psi was not going to save them and this is coming from a 34 year Colts fan. Sick of watching it on the news myself, bigger things to worry about.

Palmguy
01-25-15, 09:23
That may be past practice but you clearly haven't watched a single Hawks game this year because their secondary has been hammered with penalties all year long..

LOL...sure I have. Probably more than half of their 18 games so far. Off the top of my head; Both GB, both SF, Arizona, StL, NYG, Carolina, Dallas, Philly, Denver, SD. What I said still stands BTW, they know the refs won't flag every play. And even still, DPI on Seattle is down compared to last year, defensive holding is equal, overall penalties are about equal and total penalty yardage is down compared to the same point last year.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

WillBrink
01-25-15, 10:12

As one well known pro athlete said "If you aint cheatin' you aint trying"

No doubt, an extra 2PSI on the ball would have prevented the Pats from steam rolling over the Colts. :neo:

Personally, it's sports, and this country has far bigger things to focus on and I could care less who knew, who didn't etc. I'm not a sports guy, but I will likely watch the SB (being in the NE) and see of the Pats, saggy balls and all, can pull out another SB.

bighawk
01-25-15, 10:31
LOL...sure I have. Probably more than half of their 18 games so far. Off the top of my head; Both GB, both SF, Arizona, StL, NYG, Carolina, Dallas, Philly, Denver, SD. What I said still stands BTW, they know the refs won't flag every play. And even still, DPI on Seattle is down compared to last year, defensive holding is equal, overall penalties are about equal and total penalty yardage is down compared to the same point last year.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

While you are correct about the penalties they still get called quite frequently. That is due to the fact that the NFL made a clear directive to the refs to be extra tough on defensive backs specifically because of how the LOB operated last year.

ramairthree
01-25-15, 14:55
I have opted out of sports ages ago.

They were for kids to learn teamwork, develop fitness, build character, etc. while they went to school and college.

Now the cart drives the horse.

If everyone opted out ...

MistWolf
01-25-15, 17:58
*sigh*

Nobody gets my humor...

Ryno12
01-25-15, 18:12
*sigh*

Nobody gets my humor...

If it makes you feel any better, I got it right away.

MistWolf
01-25-15, 19:27
If it makes you feel any better, I got it right away.

*PERK*

As a matter of fact it does! Thanks- you're a real pal!

Ryno12
01-25-15, 19:53
*PERK*

As a matter of fact it does! Thanks- you're a real pal!

I was going to comment but there were too many taking it seriously that trying to turn it around just seemed too daunting to take on.

That and I'm looking to have my own balls deflated soon so it's somewhat of a 'sore' subject. ;)