PDA

View Full Version : Primary Arms Absolute Cowitness Mount

a1madrid
01-24-15, 18:21
So I threw a primary arms advanced micro dot on a primary arms absolute Cowitness mount on my new AR and I was gonna go sight it in at the range tomorrow. I was wondering first though if I should put lock tite on the screw that connects the mount to the rifles rail system? And if I do put lock tite on it, will I be able to take it off to move it back or forward on the rifle? Or will I just strip the head of the screw? I am new to this so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caduceus
01-24-15, 18:39
Blue locktite is OK, red has to be really heated to remove. I would add it once you figure out where you like the sight and get zero'd. Reattach the sight, reverify your zero, and let it be.

a1madrid
01-24-15, 18:52
When I re attach it do you think my zero will be off

Barbaroy
01-24-15, 19:19

There's nothing to ensure the mount will be back w/ the exact same angles, so yes...

MegademiC
01-24-15, 19:20

In my experience, if you don't move the screw, it will be off, but not enough to notice unless you shoot groups. For hd, it will be close enough until you hit the range to fine tune.

a1madrid
01-24-15, 19:22
You mean the screw without lock tite on it will move and lose zero?

Caduceus
01-24-15, 20:47
There's nothing to ensure the mount will be back w/ the exact same angles, so yes...

Probably but minimal change for the most part. Hence the caveat about rechecking the zero.

Iraqgunz
01-24-15, 21:01
https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?13-Optics-amp-Mounts

So I threw a primary arms advanced micro dot on a primary arms absolute Cowitness mount on my new AR and I was gonna go sight it in at the range tomorrow. I was wondering first though if I should put lock tite on the screw that connects the mount to the rifles rail system? And if I do put lock tite on it, will I be able to take it off to move it back or forward on the rifle? Or will I just strip the head of the screw? I am new to this so any help is appreciated. Thanks.