PDA

View Full Version : Burrist 1X35 XTS

No Bananas
07-02-08, 11:11
Hi there,
I did some research on this and the experiences seem to be pretty good. Has anyone had a negative experience with this optic. If so, please share.

http://www.sniperworld.com/DisplayPic.aspx?TID=44394

Disclaimer: DO NOT FLAME. If you've had an ACTUAL negative experience (or had a friend who has, etc.) then please share. If not please don't see this as an opportunity to say my optic rocks and this one can't do x.

98z28
07-02-08, 13:20
I ran one for about three months on a rock river AR (well under 1,000 rounds). Only negative was battery type (expensive) and life. It worked as advertised, though. I never abused it, but it held zero and was pleasant to use. The glass had a blueish tint to it. It was fantastic for range use. I haven't researched it in a while, but I would love to see someone beat the crap out of it to see how it holds up. It sure seemed solid.

I read that it is Burris's beefed up version of this: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=SPO-TOO-MK3&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DSPOT

jasonb
07-05-08, 15:10
I have been looking to purchase one of these myself. I had an opportunity to play with one at my local shop and have to say that it has a nice feel to it. Specifically the brightness knob has positive feeling detents, and the glass appeared clear. If you are LE, Burris has a 55% discount if you optics through them.

Not a definitive review, but it's something;)

1911Gunner
07-06-08, 22:40
I run one on my bushmaster - forward on my ARMS SIR - great sight. It helped me get top gun in my urban rifle school.

beantamug
07-07-08, 22:36
I've had a Burris XTS 135 on my M4 for 6 months. It has been on 3 all day hunting trips and about 8 range sessions. I left the sight turned on for most of the day on the hunting trips. To my surprise I am still on the original battery. I have had good experiences with this sight. The one downside I have noticed is that in very low light and at night even the lowest illumination setting is too bright. When examining the optic in my hand indoors I noticed the blue tint on the lenses and was a little apprehensive. I have looked through some cheap chinese sights that had an excessive blue tint and they sucked to look through and shoot. However, when shooting the Burris in ambient light I never notice the blueish tint. I was relieved about that.