PDA

View Full Version : New SureFire Pen

C4IGrant
07-02-08, 16:16
Is the pen mightier than the sword? Maybe so in this case. SureFire has just released their new pen. It features a glass breaking tip, type three hard anodized aluminum body and a SS pocket clip.

The pen has a rugged feel to it and I like the flats it has on the end for a more comfortable grip.

Weight: 1.8 ounces
Length: 6.04 inches

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SF/Pen.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SF/Pen1.jpg

UDT
07-02-08, 16:27
How much? And when will you have them? TIA

C4IGrant
07-02-08, 16:29
How much? And when will you have them? TIA

Retail is $125, but we offer member discounts on SF. Check your PM for our discount code that you can punch in on our website.

We have 10 of them in stock currently.

C4

ZDL
07-02-08, 18:15
Retail is $125, but we offer member discounts on SF. Check your PM for our discount code that you can punch in on our website.

We have 10 of them in stock currently.

C4

I used to buy Oakleys and other expensive sunglasses all the time. I lost a pair every 4 months. I bought cheapo $5 shades.. Have had them for 2 years.. Go figure.

I'm just as bad with pens. Someone got me a nice pen as a present once, nothing fancy just a nice tool. Lost it in 3 weeks.

RD62
07-02-08, 20:31
I'm the opposite. Cheapo glasses, gone inside a week. I've had the same pair of Oakley's for probably close to 8 years now, their predecessors for like 2... 'til a gator got them. Long story...

-RD62

Jay Cunningham
07-02-08, 20:33
I am assuming that it has a Noveske stainless steel ink cartridge.

Bulldog1967
07-02-08, 20:49
...and an AAC thread protector.

TUNNEL RAT 33
07-02-08, 22:17
how does it write ? what kind of pen cartridges does it take ?

R1pper
07-02-08, 23:09
Now I have a decision to make the Benchmade Pen-O-Death or the Surefire. The Surefire has the glass breaker, that is a little more practical for me.

Grant How many do you have left? Could you PM the discount, if at all possible?

Thanks
-DM-

CLHC
07-03-08, 00:33
At least it uses Gel ink cartridges by Schmidt. Isn't that Made in Germany? Anyhou, it's all good! :cool:

C4IGrant
07-03-08, 08:49
I'm the opposite. Cheapo glasses, gone inside a week. I've had the same pair of Oakley's for probably close to 8 years now, their predecessors for like 2... 'til a gator got them. Long story...

-RD62

I am this way as well. If it is cheap, I don't care. If it is nice, I never lose it.

C4

C4IGrant
07-03-08, 08:49
how does it write ? what kind of pen cartridges does it take ?

It has a very nice Schmidt gel ink.

C4

C4IGrant
07-03-08, 08:51
Now I have a decision to make the Benchmade Pen-O-Death or the Surefire. The Surefire has the glass breaker, that is a little more practical for me.

Grant How many do you have left? Could you PM the discount, if at all possible?

Thanks
-DM-

I have a couple left. PM sent about discount.

C4

ST911
07-03-08, 15:52
I have a couple left. PM sent about discount.
C4

Me too, please.

Lumpy196
07-03-08, 16:55
A $125 ink pen.

I just have to say that one more time outloud....A ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE DOLLAR INK PEN.

LOKNLOD
07-03-08, 17:05
A $125 ink pen.

I just have to say that one more time outloud....A ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE DOLLAR INK PEN.

Whew. I thought I was the only one.

Dedpoet
07-03-08, 17:34
That's almost as crazy as a $300 flashlight or a $3000 rifle or a $2000 1911 or a $1600 scope!

My first post here was going to be pictures of my AR. I'm sorry that it had to be in a pen thread...I have a thing for nice pens. ;) Those look pretty sharp.

tinman44
07-03-08, 21:57
some people like things like this, a guy i work with spends thousands on watches and he wonders what my problem when i show him my knives.

Lumpy196
07-03-08, 22:50
That's almost as crazy as a $300 flashlight or a $3000 rifle or a $2000 1911 or a $1600 scope!

I hope that you're make a lame attempt at humor.

toddackerman
07-04-08, 04:53
A $125 ink pen.

Yeah...Mont Blanc has been getting that price for 25 years.

C4IGrant
07-04-08, 10:07
A $125 ink pen.

I don't know if you know anything about fine pens or not, but a pen in the $100 range is a deal (especially one that can break glass). ;)

I am a Mont Blanc fan and normally carry this one:
http://images.montblanc.com/products/images/02865_s.png

Cost of these pens runs in the $300 range.

C4

C4IGrant
07-04-08, 10:10

My first post here was going to be pictures of my AR. I'm sorry that it had to be in a pen thread...I have a thing for nice pens. ;) Those look pretty sharp.

LOL, right you are. I think NOTHING of having a $300 flashlight or a $400 dollar knife. Hell, I have a $5k 1911 and didn't think twice about it. Nice things cost money.

C4

C4IGrant
07-04-08, 10:11
Yeah...Mont Blanc has been getting that price for 25 years.

Way more than that. ;)

C4

exitinyourhead
07-04-08, 10:43
sent a pm c4

Harv
07-04-08, 16:15
I'm with Lumpy... it's a $125 Pen... that's crazy...
if it's your bag, and you have that kind of cash, go for it I guess, but I will have to pass..
If I need to break a window, I have a knife.

I love Surefire stuff, but this stuff gets out of hand.

I used to use the Fisher Space pens alot and always lost them. I'm not losing a $125 pen.

exitinyourhead
07-04-08, 16:28
well aparantly if you stick surefire on the side of it... price it under 200 bucks and post it on the internet... i'll freakin buy it. Nice touch adding the discount for forum members so that I won't hit the x @ the top right before I order it.

My wife told me to ask you to stop posting fancy cool stuff on the forum please.

And as far as losing a 125 pen... I don't lose free stuff. I spend that much on car insurance every month and i don't even USE that.

Thanks for the discount mister c4!

(post more cool stuff)

:eek:

CLHC
07-04-08, 17:35
Nice things cost money.

C4
They sure do don't they!

Funny how people in general would exclaim: "you spent how much for that (whatever it is)?" Yet they themselves spend XXXX amount of $$$$ on something that fancies their interests without a thought. . .

There's a guy I met that gasps at Rolex watches and Mont Blanc pen purchasers/users, and finds that Seikos and Crosses simply do fine for him. But he has no qualms in filling his hanger with a Dassault Falcon and a Gulfstream G500! :eek:

I'm guessing, YMMV. . . :cool:

Dedpoet
07-04-08, 18:59
I hope that you're make a lame attempt at humor.

Of course it was an attempt at humor. I was just pointing out that different people like different expensive things. I have a few $100+ pens, a few $100+ flashlights, an Ed Brown 1911, a pretty spendy ammo budget, etc. I was just pointing out that different folks like to spend money in different ways. Some folks think a BMW is silly when a Hyundai will do, some folks think an Ed Brown is silly when a Norinco will do, and some folks think a Waterman fountain pen is silly when a Bic will do. Different strokes. I certainly didn't mean to be offensive. :)

LOKNLOD
07-04-08, 19:05
Funny how people in general would exclaim: "you spent how much for that (whatever it is)?" Yet they themselves spend XXXX amount of $$$$ on something that fancies their interests without a thought. . .

There's a guy I met that gasps at Rolex watches and Mont Blanc pen purchasers/users, and finds that Seikos and Crosses simply do fine for him. But he has no qualms in filling his hanger with a Dassault Falcon and a Gulfstream G500! :eek:

I agree that something one person finds frivolous may be well worth the investment to another person. We've all got our own interests and priorities.

And it's true the nicest things cost money. But I've got to draw the line somewhere... If I rolled with $1000 watches and $300 ink pens, they better damn well have defensive uses because I'd have spent most all my potential gun money for the whole year ;) If you can afford it, more power to you, and if a company can sell it, more power to them. But I think those kind of items cross into luxury more than necessity.

C4IGrant
07-05-08, 08:15
They sure do don't they!

I'm guessing, YMMV. . . :cool:

We all have our weaknesses. For some, its cars. For others its guns. And still others its knives and flashlights.

My problem I think is that I like all things nice. :rolleyes: I would love to be the kind of guy that doesn't like nice cars, guns, knives, flashlights and of course pens. ;)

C4

ST911
07-05-08, 11:06
Of course it was an attempt at humor. I was just pointing out that different people like different expensive things. I have a few $100+ pens, a few $100+ flashlights, an Ed Brown 1911, a pretty spendy ammo budget, etc. I was just pointing out that different folks like to spend money in different ways.

$100 flashlights?!?!? Say it ain't so!

What's next, $100 sunglasses?

:)

CLHC
07-05-08, 14:12
We all have our weaknesses. For some, its cars. For others its guns. And still others its knives and flashlights.

My problem I think is that I like all things nice. :rolleyes: I would love to be the kind of guy that doesn't like nice cars, guns, knives, flashlights and of course pens. ;)

C4
I believe we're all made that way liking nice things. I'm the same way too. But the means to how I arrive at acquiring them, is quite a journey to say the least.

Pelikan M1000, ST Dupont Vertigo, Waterman Opera, are some FPs that were in my possession. Problem is, we've moved soo many times that I can't keep track of where they are now.

Oakleys, Revos, Gargoyles, Ray Bans, well, when you have four (4) little girls in your house and they get their little hands on them and then say: "Look daddy!" while putting them on their little faces. . .You know what happens to those sunglasses. It's now theirs! :o

Don't get me started on watches. . . :p

All in all, I do like nice things, but at the same time, like remaining below the radar.

By the way, for some reason or another, I keep coming back to this thread and looking over that SF.Pen! :D