PDA

View Full Version : More on Bergdahl (UPDATE 03/25 - Bergdahl Charged)

Averageman
01-27-15, 17:53
http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/27/army-shoots-down-reports-desertion-charges-against-bowe-bergdahl/21135693/

The Army is strongly refuting multiple reports that it has decided to bring desertion charges against soldier Bowe Bergdahl.

Both Fox News and NBC News cited unnamed sources claiming Bergdahl would be charged, but Major General Ronald F. Lewis, the Army's Chief of Public Affairs, quickly moved to shoot down the notion.

And if they don't bring charges why not?

GTF425
01-27-15, 18:02
He'll get his one day.

SilverBullet432
01-27-15, 18:26
He might as well have stayed captured... going to prison anyway..

GotAmmo
01-27-15, 20:20
What I read said they may consider his 5 yrs with the enemy as "time served", but that the charge and subsequent discharge could forfeit that 300k in moneys he would have earned if he'd have stayed on duty

cbx
01-27-15, 22:27
My money is on a pardon if he even does get time.

He needs to be tried for aiding the enemy. The were several accounts of enemy tactics changing in the AO after his "capture".

ABNAK
01-28-15, 04:03
I'd settle for a court-martial for desertion. Serve a few years in the USDB, maybe factor in a few years off for "time served" (only a few). The federal felony conviction and dishonorable discharge should serve to sufficiently hinder his future.

Fvck him.

glocktogo
01-28-15, 09:17
I'm just SO glad we traded several high value enemy combatants for a deserter. :rolleyes:

ramairthree
01-28-15, 10:18
Maybe he should be billed for all the resources and manhours that went into chances to "rescue" him.

Averageman
01-28-15, 12:12
Last I heard he was walking around S.A. pretty freely.
I'm rather surprised no one has given him a "push" when he was down by the river walk.
Yeah about 20 years in Leavenworth ought to be about right and yes, please do send him a bill for all of that.

3 AE
01-28-15, 12:21
I think no charges will be brought against him. The WH/MSM made a big deal of getting him back along with his parents being guests at the WH. The "Left" consider him a hero for his act of desertion in the same way they did draft dodgers and personnel that went AWOL during the Viet Nam war. They'll quietly sweep it under the rug and say "Let's move on, there is nothing to see here".

GTF425
01-28-15, 17:21
He needs to be tried for aiding the enemy. The were several accounts of enemy tactics changing in the AO after his "capture".

Where did you hear this from?

I don't recall too much different happening. They were shooting at us and blowing us up before he walked off, and they kept doing it until around November when we had killed pretty much everyone worth killing in that AO.

SteyrAUG
01-28-15, 17:46
I think no charges will be brought against him. The WH/MSM made a big deal of getting him back along with his parents being guests at the WH. The "Left" consider him a hero for his act of desertion in the same way they did draft dodgers and personnel that went AWOL during the Viet Nam war. They'll quietly sweep it under the rug and say "Let's move on, there is nothing to see here".

This is what I think will happen.

Averageman
01-28-15, 17:55

I don't recall too much different happening. They were shooting at us and blowing us up before he walked off, and they kept doing it until around November when we had killed pretty much everyone worth killing in that AO.

I remember reading that there was some information out there that he had been training them. I wish I could source that for you, but I do remember very distinctly reading that in an article. I will see if I can fine it.
I'm pretty anxious to see the outcome. No matter what the White House and the Media want someone will pretty much have to fall on their sword to let this guy off, I just don't see that happening with only two years left of Obama. It isn't a career ender to hammer this Mope if you immeadiatly put all the evidence out there for the world to see.
If there is any evidence that he as much as made a sandtable for these guys to drill on I say fry him and put Hassan in his lap when they flip the switch.

Edit to add these;
http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/03/taliban-once-claimed-bergdahl-trained-members-of-the-taliban/

The Taliban once claimed that recently released U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was teaching terrorists how to build bombs.

In 2010, a Taliban commander, Haji Nadeem, told The Daily Mail that Bergdahl spent time training members of the Taliban, showing them how to make bombs and conduct surprise attacks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305184/Bowe-Bergdahl-Taliban-claim-captured-U-S-solider-teaching-fighters-bomb-making-skills.html

A Taliban deputy district commander in Paktika, who called himself Haji Nadeem, told the newspaper that Bergdahl taught him how to dismantle a mobile phone and turn it into a remote control for a roadside bomb.

Nadeem claimed he also received basic ambush training from the U.S. soldier.

'Most of the skills he taught us we already knew,' he said. 'Some of my comrades think he's pretending to be a Muslim to save himself so they wouldn't behead him.'

http://www.youngcons.com/sources-coming-out-suggest-bergdahl-converted-to-islam-trained-members-of-the-taliban-and-left-behind-a-mystery-letter/

The 24-year-old has converted to Islam and now has the Muslim name Abdullah, one of his captors told The Sunday Times.

Afghan intelligence officials also believe that Bergdahl is ‘cooperating with the Taliban’ and is acting as adviser to fighters at a base in the tribal area of Pakistan.

GTF425
01-28-15, 18:14
Thank you for the sources. I had always heard that rumor when I was up in the Brigade, but never saw anything concrete.

cbx
01-28-15, 22:17

I remember watching an interview on a major news network where they interviewed one or two soldiers that were from his company or platoon. I remember one of the soldiers said that after he left his post, soon after the enemy seemed to have knowledge of their tactics.

I'm ashamed that he is from the same state as me. We only ever make the news for things that are are royally effed........ Look at Bergdahls dad in photos. Read about the guy if you really want to go cross eyed ...... I mean come the fvck on...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/06/02/the-curious-case-of-bob-bergdahls-apparent-tweet-to-the-taliban/

C-grunt
01-29-15, 03:27
I read a thing from guys in his squad talking about how he became very sympathetic of the Taliban and anti American. When he left they all knew right away that he had deserted. They also said when they frist went looking for him the nearby locals told them that Bergdahl was asking how to find the Taliban. Ill see if I can find it.

C-grunt
01-29-15, 03:35
Found something similar to what I read.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/bergdahl-deserter-or-hero/

E-mails reported by the late Michael Hastings in Rolling Stone in 2012 reveal what Bergdahl's fellow infantrymen learned within days of his disappearance: He told people that he no longer supported the U.S. effort in Afghanistan.

"The future is too good to waste on lies," he wrote to his parents. "And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be American. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting."

Bergdahl wrote to them, "I am sorry for everything. The horror that is America is disgusting."

Averageman
01-29-15, 12:03
Thank you for the sources. I had always heard that rumor when I was up in the Brigade, but never saw anything concrete.

I would be interested in knowing what you were hearing at the time.
I'm really not sure how after his time in the Coast Guard he made it past the recruiting station interview.

GTF425
01-29-15, 16:53
I would be interested in knowing what you were hearing at the time.

All I feel comfortable saying is that I was in his Brigade that deployment and what you guys have read is close to what we heard. There are more than a handful of guys who were actually in his Platoon and Company who have came out to tell their side of the story. I was just a dude who got caught up in the second order effects of him walking off, I didn't know him personally.

But in case anyone was wondering: yes, we were told upfront that he had deserted when we received the DUSTWUN.

glocktogo
01-29-15, 17:22
All I feel comfortable saying is that I was in his Brigade that deployment and what you guys have read is close to what we heard. There are more than a handful of guys who were actually in his Platoon and Company who have came out to tell their side of the story. I was just a dude who got caught up in the second order effects of him walking off, I didn't know him personally.

But in case anyone was wondering: yes, we were told upfront that he had deserted when we received the DUSTWUN.

I'd tend towards believing his squadmates over any top brass who have zero experience with him 1st hand. We've seen far too many instances where political expediency outweighs the truth on that front. :(

J8127
01-31-15, 19:21

Yep, I was one of the USAF TACP in the next battalion AO over (OE), and we were told immediately this was the case. I didn't even realize that wasnt public knowledge until I started seeing those "Ask about Bowe" NIPR screen savers like 3 years later.

I don't know anything about tactics changing, but I do know all we did was look for him until Cop Zerok was attacked, the guys there believe they wouldn't have pulled that attack off if they had their usual air support rather than everything being in support of the wild goose chase.

GTF425
01-31-15, 20:09
Yep, I was one of the USAF TACP in the next battalion AO over (OE), and we were told immediately this was the case. I didn't even realize that wasnt public knowledge until I started seeing those "Ask about Bowe" NIPR screen savers like 3 years later.

I don't know anything about tactics changing, but I do know all we did was look for him until Cop Zerok was attacked, the guys there believe they wouldn't have pulled that attack off if they had their usual air support rather than everything being in support of the wild goose chase.

You were supporting my Battalion when he decided to go take his vision quest.

7.62NATO
03-25-15, 13:42

RCI1911
03-25-15, 14:00
So glad we gave up five prisoners and lost good men looking for this douche.

TMS951
03-25-15, 14:15
He should be charged with much more than that, and frankly his ass should still be rotting in the hands of the Taliban. Its disgusting the lives of good men were lost for this turd.

Dead Man
03-25-15, 14:26
Pro war, anti war, R, D, pacifist, aggressivist, left, right, center, outfield, shortstop - this young man abandoned his post in wartime. Firing squad is appropriate.

Abraham
03-25-15, 14:58
"Firing squad is appropriate."

Yes.

Coal Dragger
03-25-15, 14:58
Yep Pvt. Slovic treatment would be appropriate.

Although a firing squad is a death for a soldier, hanging would be better since Bergdahl is a traitor.

Irish
03-26-15, 10:44
https://westernrifleshooters.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/mad-magazine-trading-private-bergdahl.jpg

Averageman
03-26-15, 11:10
http://weaponsman.com/?p=21619
You may recall that in an interview with ABC’s Diane Sawyer, Hillary Clinton (during the initial Taliban negotiations, Secretary of State), said that desertion or not, honorable service or not, it didn’t matter.

CLINTON: [O]ne of our values is we bring everybody home off the battlefield the best we can. It doesn’t matter how they ended up in a prisoner of war situation.

SAWYER (in disbelief): It doesn’t matter?

CLINTON (dismissively): It doesn’t matter.

(Hat tip, Paul Bedard). Of course, given Hillary!’s long-standing disinterest in and contempt for military and foreign service personnel, that shouldn’t be a shocker. (“What difference does it make?”). Stumblebum National Security Advisor Susan Rice, fully briefed on Bergdahl’s betrayal of his mates, pronounced at the time of the swap that he, we are not making this up, “served the United States with honor and distinction.”

Good read

SilverBullet432
03-26-15, 12:08
Irish: :lol: just :lol:

Benito
03-30-15, 00:55
pic

That right there is both the funniest and most infuriating thing I have seen in a while.
Kudos to whoever made this pic.

Averageman
09-07-15, 21:40
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/09/07/bergdahl-charged-with-misbehavior-before-the-enemy-in-addition-to-desertion/
Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who has been accused by the U.S. Army and soldiers who served with him of abandoning his outpost in Afghanistan back in 2009, has been charged with “misbehavior before the enemy” in addition to desertion.

The “misbehavior” charge, which has seldom been used since World War II, carries a stiffer penalty in Bergdahl’s case when compared to desertion.

Firefly
09-07-15, 22:38
As I said, Slovik was shot for less

Vandal
09-07-15, 23:29
Bergdahl will likely be demoted, get a BCD and kicked out with loss of benefits. I'm sure the families of the guys killed looking for his ass would like him shot.

SilverBullet432
09-07-15, 23:37
Should have just left him at the mercy of the tallies then....

Benito
09-08-15, 15:25
Why no treason charge? Would that have been too "Islamophobic"?

GTF425
09-08-15, 15:59
I think he should rejoin his Company up at Ft Rich.

We've all long since PCS'd, but I'm sure there are guys up there who would love to see him.

usmcvet
09-08-15, 20:52
The last line is the best.

10 U.S. Code § 899 - Art. 99. Misbehavior before the enemy

Any member of the armed forces who before or in the presence of the enemy—
(1) runs away;
(2) shamefully abandons, surrenders, or delivers up any command, unit, place, or military property which it is his duty to defend;
(3) through disobedience, neglect, or intentional misconduct endangers the safety of any such command, unit, place, or military property;
(4) casts away his arms or ammunition;
(5) is guilty of cowardly conduct;
(6) quits his place of duty to plunder or pillage;
(7) causes false alarms in any command, unit, or place under control of the armed forces;
(8) willfully fails to do his utmost to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy any enemy troops, combatants, vessels, aircraft, or any other thing, which it is his duty so to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy; or
(9) does not afford all practicable relief and assistance to any troops, combatants, vessels, or aircraft of the armed forces belonging to the United States or their allies when engaged in battle;
shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.
(Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 69.)

jpmuscle
09-08-15, 21:01
So plundering and pillaging is ok so long as its conducted during the course of ones official duties? Lol, I kid.

Vandal
12-10-15, 16:20
I chose to bump this instead of starting a new thread about this asshat. Bergdahl is the subject of the new season of the podcast Serial as he awaits trial. I listened to season one and really liked it. I won't be listening to this one.

This guy deserted and now he's getting free publicity to "tell his story". Supposedly his spin is that he deserted as a "whistleblower" action. The military has executed people for less and he still walks free while the .gov fu(ks around.

RIDE
12-10-15, 16:35
It's treason for NOT hanging him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
12-10-15, 17:56
I chose to bump this instead of starting a new thread about this asshat. Bergdahl is the subject of the new season of the podcast Serial as he awaits trial. I listened to season one and really liked it. I won't be listening to this one.

This guy deserted and now he's getting free publicity to "tell his story". Supposedly his spin is that he deserted as a "whistleblower" action. The military has executed people for less and he still walks free while the .gov fu(ks around.

Be a shame if something happened to him while he was out walking around.

Vandal
12-10-15, 18:01
I'd be real broken up about it.

SeriousStudent
12-10-15, 19:56

San Antonio is a big city, and it's entirely possible he might run into someone turning their life around.

Benito
12-10-15, 20:00

He's probably got a 24/7 Secret Service detail guarding his precious Muslim ass.
Hussein looks out for his Muslim brothers.

TAZ
12-10-15, 20:14
Id be real broken up if some drunk "migrant" working transvestite hopped a curb and smushed that goat ****ers ass such that he got to gurgle his blood while die-ing a slow, painful death.

Firefly
12-10-15, 20:24
They literally shot Slovik for less

Averageman
12-11-15, 07:54
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/12/10/bergdahl-breaks-silence-left-unit-highlight-poor-leadership/
“If it comes out that he has no punishment, we’re going to have to have a hearing in the Senate Armed Services Committee,” explained McCain. “And I am not prejudging, O.K., but it is well known that in the searches for Bergdahl, after — we know now — he deserted, there are allegations that some American soldiers were killed or wounded, or at the very least put their lives in danger, searching for what is clearly a deserter. We need to have a hearing on that.”

Six soldiers died on missions seeking intelligence on the whereabouts of or actively intending to rescue Bergdahl: Private First Class Morris Walker, Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen, Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss, Second Lieutenant Darryn Andrews, Private First Class Matthew Martinek, and Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey.

I don't think McCain is anywhere close to right. He needs a Courts Martial and a cell for life. Pussyfooting around any further with this guy is only hurting the Military. Lock him up for life or execute him.
Those six names above have been conveniently forgotten by most of America at this point and they shouldn't be.

SteyrAUG
12-11-15, 15:44
They literally shot Slovik for less

Different time, different country.

They made an example out of Slovik to send a message. Ironically they will also make an example out of Bergdahl to send a message, but it will be a message of "muslim tolerance."

Hmac
12-11-15, 16:08
Well...this explains it all.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/10/politics/bowe-bergdahl-jason-bourne-serial/

He was armed with only knives and aware that he'd face serious punishment -- or perhaps even be shot, if his identity was mistaken as he approached the outpost -- if he turned back.

"I'm going, 'Good grief, I'm in over my head,'" Bergdahl said in a "Serial" podcast released on Thursday.

"Suddenly, it really starts to sink in that I really did something bad. Or, not bad, but I really did something serious," he said. So he set off to gather intelligence and mimic a film idol: Jason Bourne.

He decided to collect intelligence on the Taliban in hopes it would help him eventually return to the U.S. military with something to show for his absence.

"Doing what I did is me saying that I am like, I don't know, Jason Bourne,"

glocktogo
12-11-15, 16:25
Jason Bourne? Jeebus H. Christ, what a dipshit loser. :(

Averageman
12-11-15, 16:31
Jason Bourne? Jeebus H. Christ, what a dipshit loser. :(

A Bourne Loser?

Big A
12-11-15, 16:46
A Bourne Loser?
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/03d946fcf60e62ff959ed86331a507d8.jpg

glocktogo
12-11-15, 17:34
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/03d946fcf60e62ff959ed86331a507d8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOttAyVKXQw

Averageman
12-13-15, 10:38
Please read this article, it is important to know just what a blunder that trade was and how it was done illegally.

http://weaponsman.com/?cat=21
Front and center in the Bergdahl rehabilitation movement is the just-started second season of Serial, a podcast by criminal groupies Sarah Koenig and Julie Snyder that selects one criminal per season with the objective of getting the criminal out. The series is an NPR spinoff and is at least partly taxpayer funded through NPR. The first season featured convicted murderer Adnan Masud Syed, who has been convicted of strangling his former girlfriend, student Hae Min Lee, in 1999. The current season explores Bergdahl’s betrayal from Bergdahl’s (and Koenig’s) point of view.

The publicity blitz is also meant to distract people from this document, where Bergdahl’s exchange for five senior jihadis is flatly ruled unlawful by the House Armed Services Committee.

The five Taliban overlords who returned to jihad with his blessings, whilst President Obama feted Bergdahl in the White House Rose Garden, were (in alphabetical order): Mohammad Fazl, Khairullah Khairkhwa, , Norullah Noori, Mohammad Nabi Omar, and Abdul Haq Wasiq. Want to know who’s who in the zoo? Here goes:

Firefly
12-13-15, 11:07
So he's spinning it that he defected to the Taliban, "forgot" English, and cost the lives of good men......to play secret agent?

Christ Almighty.....he desperately needs to be sent to the firing squad. Like, break out the Garands firing squad.

No. No. No you don't do that. Nobody asked him to join the Army.
This is just disgusting and obscene and I get this feeling that he doesn't lose sleep over those who died trying to save him thinking he was a captured brother in arms.