PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for fitted 8 X 10 carrier?

Beachboy
01-27-15, 20:18
I recently obtained a set of 8X10 Ar500 plates and am looking for options for fitted 8X10 carrier pouches.

I see that Ar500 offers a micro carrier, but I'm not familiar with it. I already have a set of 10X12 plates and Eagle, TAG and another carrier and the smaller plates shift, move or bounce in all my current carriers.

Primary use would be for civilian SD/HD. I want stability, ease of donning/doffing, simplicity if I loaned it to someone else. Molle and slick versions, both could be useful

Anyone have any recommendations on carriers that have fitted 8" X 10" plate pockets?

Beachboy
02-04-15, 16:59
So I only located a few 8X10 size pocket carriers (I'm sure others Google fu is far superior), primarily the carriers I see AR500 is offering now and the Beez Combat System plate carriers. I ordered from Beez today after asking them several questions and follow-on questions. And I am very pleased with the responses I received shortly after each question I asked and the fact that the company suggested I use a less expensive base model, before having it modified to work with my existing Haley D3 chest rig. At no additional charge.
I've seen both positive and negative threads here about Beez, but I will say that for the initial ordering and customer service and information provided, I'm very pleased.