PDA

View Full Version : Military Testing -- KAC wins a lot...

SHIVAN
09-25-06, 13:21
So I was reviewing some of the SASS trials stuff and started to wonder if the gov't just likes to stay the same every year.

I know ArmaLite has some weapons in combat, but nothing officially awarded.

ArmaLite used an AAC suppressor on their SASS entry, does AAC have any contracts or suppressors in the military?

I know some of the secret squirrel groups were privately demo'ing Surefire 5.56 and 5.56K cans recently, but not sure who they went with...

We know OPS, Inc and KAC have suppressors in combat -- and I have seen a few Gemtech M4-96's.

Who else has official contracts? Why can't other companies make any headway, despite offering similar or better products?

Hoplophile
09-25-06, 18:04
I'm guessing that part of the issue is being provably able to meet delivery dates without sacrificing quality.

RyanB
09-25-06, 20:58
Oops.

rsilvers
09-26-06, 18:48
I think it is best to think of three levels of orders:

1. (lowest level). Some guys in a National Guard group decide they want some cans, so they get their unit credit card and buy a dozen of something, and bring it into combat. This selection was not done by any official tests, and it does not mean much as an endorsement.

2. (higher). A miltary group will call up and order 500 of something. What is interesting about this is not the number of units, but that there is usually some special consideration for selection -- so it means something to whoever was picked.

3. (highest). A serious competitive trial will happen, where about a million dollars is spent to find out which silencer best suits their needs, and the winner will be awarded a contract for thousands of units over a period of years.

The third kind has been KAC and Ops Inc over the years. There are some trials going on now for silencer selection also.

Finally, I do not think there is anything to investigate over KAC. They simply had the best products at the time. This was true for the silencers and I don't doubt it is true for the rifle. Same for Ops Inc.

KevinB
09-28-06, 12:07
Robert -- a good explaination.

LukeMacGillie
11-07-06, 12:32
Perhaps this time we will all learn the coordinates to the secret island in the Carib that topless waitresses bring you drinks and a happly ending while downing the aformentioned drinks?

Thats the best KAC rumor I ever heard...................

KevinB
11-07-06, 14:42
Comments have been removed.

Rogue7a et. al. IF you wish to make comments about people in Crane or KAC -- please do not do some from the annonymity of the errornet.

Voodoochild
11-07-06, 15:26
Perhaps this time we will all learn the coordinates to the secret island in the Carib that topless waitresses bring you drinks and a happly ending while downing the aformentioned drinks?

Thats the best KAC rumor I ever heard...................

I bet Kevin B knows where it is but I also bet he wont share that info...

LukeMacGillie
11-07-06, 16:21
Comments have been removed.

Rogue7a et. al. IF you wish to make comments about people in Crane or KAC -- please do not do some from the annonymity of the errornet.

Thank you Kevin,

I wonder if Rogue would say the same if LGT was within earshot................

Rogue7a
11-08-06, 08:57
Thank you Kevin,

I wonder if Rogue would say the same if LGT was within earshot................

I would say the same thing

But I will abide by the rules here. No offence intended. Sometimes the truth i a bitter pill. But it is the truth.

Denial is not a river in Egypt

VA_Dinger
11-08-06, 10:59
This isn't the first time I've heard this stuff.

Much of it came from guys I know for a fact to be "In The Loop" so to speak.

Rogue7a
11-08-06, 14:12
HA! I knew someone could back me up!

and you were all calling me "Crazy"

I know, I know you gotta stop me 'cause if you don't it will bring about the apocalypse and you know what that means:

"Fires will engulf small trailer parks, the dead will walk again, the baby jesus will make his encore appearance, shotguns will be fired, squirrels will be chased by nuts, the world as we know it will stop and turn in the opposite direction. natalee holloway will be found, so will capone, and lee iococca…wait, rewind that. human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA!"

Oh well, won't be the first time I have been accused of inciting dissention.

SethB
11-08-06, 15:38
I've refrained from posting in this thread because my information is second hand, but it is a little disturbing to hear about units with more broken rails than soldiers, and cans that fly.

KevinB
11-08-06, 15:48
Quite simply dont post.

Unless

1) You are willing post your name

2) Circumstances of use/failure that you have used

Heresay is UNACCEPTABLE.

S-1
11-08-06, 16:07
but it is a little disturbing to hear about units with more broken rails than soldiers, and cans that fly.

:rolleyes:

Rogue7a
11-09-06, 20:07
Quite simply dont post.

Unless

1) You are willing post your name

2) Circumstances of use/failure that you have used

Heresay is UNACCEPTABLE.

Well......... I did comply with number 2. could I private you with #1 and copies of everything I have that is FIRST HAND from me?

SHIVAN
11-09-06, 20:17
Enough. Completely off topic now. I am locking it.