PDA

View Full Version : Pistol to SBR Buffer Question....

roberto232
01-29-15, 10:22
I've looked and tried to find on the internet and can't really find an answer, so I figured I'd try you fine folks.

I've sent off my SBR for my DiamondBack DB-15 pistol, so I can put a regular collapsible stock on it. My question is when I get the ok and I can do it, I know I'm going to have to install a new buffer tube to accommodate the stock. I'm wanting to go with the Magpul CTR stock. The buffer and spring is my question, do I have to get something special or would the Magpul CTR stock kit, that comes with the tube, spring and buffer work?

Here is what I'm looking at getting:

https://dsgarms.com/mgctrstockkit

Or should I keep the buffer and spring already in the gun?

May sound like a dumb question, but I'd rather asked the dumb question than mess up my rifle and really feel DUMB....lol

Thanks again to all that send out a helping comment.

God Bless and Hope all is going well you your lives.

Robert

MistWolf
01-29-15, 13:24
You can use a carbine receiver extension to mount the CTR stock but I suggest looking into the VLTOR A5 receiver extension. The functioning of your AR will be smoother and more reliable and the CTR will fit

roberto232
01-30-15, 22:44
Thanks MistWolf. I looked into the A5 and it looked cool. I ordered it last night. Thanks for the info.

Robert

Pilot1
01-31-15, 03:39
This is helpful for me as well since I will be converting an AR pistol to carbine after I get my ATF paperwork/stamp that is. I would also like to go with the Magpul CTR. Can I use the existing buffer, and spring. If not, what to get? It will be going on a Daniel Defense MK 18 pistol in 300 BLK. Thanks, sorry for the thread hijack.

Rayrevolver
01-31-15, 07:15
You *could* use your existing buffer/spring, but i would also recommend the A5 kit. You can get them used for $75 or get the BCM kit which comes with a QD endplate new for $99.

roberto232
01-31-15, 10:35
Same, I read and looked at videos on the A5 system. Really a cool system and it will make your gun more reliable, give it longer life and less recoil. Worth it if you can get it.