PDA

View Full Version : New Colt 6920 questions...

rubiconjp
07-02-08, 23:26
Hi folks,

Just got my new 6920 from Clyde Armory for $1349 + $25 shipping + $50 FFL transfer fee, so pretty excited. The rifle came in a plastic bag in cardboard box with a dark blue label. In looking over the rifle in close detail, I have a few questions:

- Everything is marked with a 'C' for Colt (barrel and BCG) except for the upper receiver. The upper has a stylized 'D' (for Diemaco?) after the keyhole mark. Is this common for Colt 6920 to have mixed parts?

- There appears to be date stamp on the bottom of the barrel (under the handguards, near FSB). Mine is 05/07. Is that the mfg date for the barrel or the whole upper? If so, I did not expect a new production rifle to have such old mfg date?

- The marks on the carry handle is a keyhole then a '1'. What does that mean?

BTW, Clyde Armory apparently have the 6920's in stock now for $1349.

Thanks!

ether
07-02-08, 23:57
Just curious...was your box still sealed from the factory with the 2 strips of white tape when it arrived?

jhs1969
07-03-08, 00:15
I had seen a thread a while back that gave all the forge ID marks and related manufactors. You may be able to find if you did a search. Good luck.

rubiconjp
07-03-08, 00:16
Just curious...was your box still sealed from the factory with the 2 strips of white tape when it arrived?
hmm.. there were 2 strips of tapes and each strip had 2 layers of transparent tapes and 1 layer of brown tape.

By the time I arrived at the FFL's shop, the box was already opened by the FFL dealer. I also understand that the box could have been opened and verified by Clyde for proper content, then resealed for shipping?

ether
07-03-08, 00:55
Mine came the same way...I talked to someone at Clyde before I ordered mine that said they came sealed from the factory, but maybe he was just confused.

Mine also has the "keyhole" Diemaco upper, which is pretty typical. Does your upper have a proof mark stamped on the forward part of the upper on the right side? (in the area where the gas tube enters the upper)

rubiconjp
07-03-08, 02:15
no proof mark there. Did you check your date stamp on the barrel (have to take bottom handguard off)? Thanks.

ether
07-03-08, 02:25
My barrel is 8/07 and I think I got it back in March or April for $1299 right before they first ran out...looks like Clyde may have found a small stash rather than new rifles fresh off the line.

scottryan
07-03-08, 07:56
Your gun is factory.

Frens
07-03-08, 10:30
Hi folks,

- Everything is marked with a 'C' for Colt (barrel and BCG) except for the upper receiver. The upper has a stylized 'D' (for Diemaco?) after the keyhole mark. Is this common for Colt 6920 to have mixed parts?

Diemaco is now part of Colt so is normal to have parts manufactured by them.
some even came with the "stylized D" BCG...
a friend of mine has a MT6400C with a Diemaco upper as well

- There appears to be date stamp on the bottom of the barrel (under the handguards, near FSB). Mine is 05/07. Is that the mfg date for the barrel or the whole upper? If so, I did not expect a new production rifle to have such old mfg date?

- The marks on the carry handle is a keyhole then a '1'. What does that mean?

they keyhole ID Cerro Metal Forge as manufacturer of the CH...I dont know the meaning of the "1".
I've seen that number "1" on other Colt CH

-----

DrewH
07-03-08, 10:47
I have had an MT6400, a 6920, and now a Colt SBR (6933) with Deimaco marked uppers, so it seems pretty common. All were/are fine rifles.

Question: when Colt bought Diemaco, I though they changed the name to "Colt Canada"? Did they change the markings from the stylized "D"?

Fringe
07-03-08, 10:47
Clyde's called me yesterday and told me my pre-order was in. I got on the waiting list back in March for $1229.00. I planned on getting two, but I got a Noveske in the mean while and just got one. I should take delivery next week sometime.
I am sure they will go like hotcakes and I hope I don't regret not getting two.
Have fun with that rifle!

rubiconjp
07-03-08, 13:39
Thanks all for the informative answers!

Does the 6920 come with any kind of warranty registration card? I did not see any.

Also the Colt manual states that the warranty is for 1 year instead of the lifetime I was expecting from the chart? :confused:

COLT6933
07-04-08, 12:38
Thanks all for the informative answers!

Does the 6920 come with any kind of warranty registration card? I did not see any.

Also the Colt manual states that the warranty is for 1 year instead of the lifetime I was expecting from the chart? :confused:

My first colt 6920's came with warranty cards, this was right after the ban ended.
I bought a few more last year and they didn't come with a warranty card I called colt and they said they didn't ship warranty cards anymore. I actually had to send one of them back to Colt for some warranty repair. Colt took care of me, it just took 4 months for them to get me my rifle back:mad: .

rubiconjp
07-04-08, 18:52
ahh ok thx.

Though I was surprised to see the 1 year warranty statement. I haven't bought many firearms until recently and was surprised to see mfg's shortening their warranty - my recent Glock purchase also carried a 1 year only.

Razorhunter
07-04-08, 19:55
Hey Rubicon, (and anyone else who was recently contacted by Clydes),

I too got a call from Clydes yesterday, Thu, July 3rd. However, Kevin @ Clydes told me that their shipment of 100 Colt 6920's was due in sometime that day. (IOW's, it was in the am when he called, and he said they were expecting the rifles to arrive sometime during the day/afternoon).

Now from your post above, it SOUNDS like you have already received your 6920 days ago, and I am wondering what's going on here? Not a big deal, but I know that Clydes told me their Colt shipment was due in YESTERDAY AFTERNOON sometime. Upon talking to them again, later in the day, the shipment did indeed arrive as scheduled.

Anyhow, I also had them put me down for TWO 6920's, and I asked them what number I was, and number my brother was on the waiting list.
My brother was #27, and I was #47, and #48.

Whoohoo! FINALLY! I am so pumped that these actually got delivered somewhat close to "on time"!

To anyone who has received one of these latest Colts, can you please tell us if the Colt Rollmark is exactly the same as it always has been on the 6920's???
I mean, they DO say Colts "Law Enforcement Carbine", ..... RIGHT????

Thanks guys.
BTW,
I'll be driving up there first thing tomorrow morning to pick them up, and I cannot wait! What a great 4th of July. Possibly THE BEST 4th of July I have had, and will EVER have!!

Razorhunter
07-04-08, 19:57
Oh ONE more thing guys.
Does anyone here know if Clydes currently has any of the Colt SBR's in stock?

I'm possibly interested in the following:

1. Colt 6921: 14.5" bbl

2. Colt xxxx? (6721??? I think???) w/ 11.5" bbl???

I THINK this is the ONLY two SBR's Colt makes, RIGHT? I cannot remember if that 11" SBR is actually 11" OR if it is 11.5", and I also do not remember the exact model number??? I am THINKING it is Colt "6721", but I am not sure???

What does Clydes have in the way of Colt SBR's???

I wonder how far out SAW, and Knesek's Colt shipments are????

DrewH
07-04-08, 20:46
The model number of the 11.5" Colt SBR I bought from Clyde's was the 6933. It is roll marked "M4LE Colt's Law Enforcement Carbine"

COLT6933
07-04-08, 22:35
Oh ONE more thing guys.
Does anyone here know if Clydes currently has any of the Colt SBR's in stock?

I'm possibly interested in the following:

1. Colt 6921: 14.5" bbl

2. Colt xxxx? (6721??? I think???) w/ 11.5" bbl???

I THINK this is the ONLY two SBR's Colt makes, RIGHT? I cannot remember if that 11" SBR is actually 11" OR if it is 11.5", and I also do not remember the exact model number??? I am THINKING it is Colt "6721", but I am not sure???

What does Clydes have in the way of Colt SBR's???

I wonder how far out SAW, and Knesek's Colt shipments are????

The 6933 is the 11.5
I spoke with Clydes the other day about getting another 6933, they are out of stock currently but was told they should be in sometime in August

rubiconjp
07-05-08, 00:27
Paul, what I think Clyde could be doing is shipping to the higher paying customers first. I placed my order for the 6920 only recently, at the $1349 price. I soon thereafter got the 6920 (delivered 7/1 at my local FFL).

Once you get yours, can you post the date stamps? Thx.

Razorhunter
07-05-08, 02:34
Yes, I will post the DOM when I get it.

Why are some people paying a higher price than others?
Does it have to do with when you got on the waiting list? I can't believe they would charge SOME buyers a different price than other buyers ??? (aside from the tax that us locals have to pay)
Are they possibly giving locals a discount, since we have to pay tax????
Thanks.
Paul Cataldo

rubiconjp
07-05-08, 11:26
Paul, I have seen prices on Clyde website changing a few times (I have seen as high as $1369 and as low as $1279, which is the current price). I guess they adjust their prices according to supply and demand, which does make sense.

GONIF
07-05-08, 12:51
$50.00 for a transfer,did he kiss you first and use lots of lube ? that is outrageious ,your FFL is a dick for chargeing you that much . nice rifle ,your going to enjoy it for many trouble free years.

rubiconjp
07-05-08, 17:45
$50.00 for a transfer,did he kiss you first and use lots of lube ? that is outrageious ,your FFL is a dick for chargeing you that much . nice rifle ,your going to enjoy it for many trouble free years.
No he didn't use any lube - it was painful... :(

Unfortunately, the FFLs around here (Austin TX) all asked for same $50 transfer fee. He was asking $1579 for a 6520.. HAHA So I'd imagine that he would sell a 6920 for close to $2k!