PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good single point sling?

MPchinadoll
01-29-15, 21:30
I was looking to use one of these for my 9mm AR pistol (soon to be SBR with a 2nd GEN LMT Sopmod)

Condore Cobra double bungee-Multicam.
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/GMApproved/Sling_CD_US1001_MC_lg_zps2wnj5tsv.jpg (http://s972.photobucket.com/user/GMApproved/media/Sling_CD_US1001_MC_lg_zps2wnj5tsv.jpg.html)

These are about $30-$35 most places. I've shot a coupe different weapons (including an MP5SD6) SAS style, and it's a good firing position for me with a large, stock less or retracted stock weapon. I want to minimize the amount of junk on my weapon, so that's why I was thinking a single point. I currently have a MagPul ASAP installed. I liked that idea better than a fixed loop plate. Only thing I'm not thrilled about is all the slide buckles, which for some reason you cant seem to get away from with this type of sling.

I've looked at the magpul slings and don't care for the junk and goofy contraptios near the weapon hookup. Has anyone here used the Cobra with good or bad results? Any other sling suggestions would be appreciated. Price really isn't a factor. Last thing in the world anyone wants is to be doing run & gun, switch to your secondary and dump your loaded weapon, optic, light due to a cheap hook.

A Little info on the gun the sling will be used with.
9mm
7" barrel
Sparc II red dot
Super short buffer tube (4" or less)
MagPul ASAP sling attachment.
Everything possible done to keep all that light as possible. (within reason)

Jakedasnake
01-29-15, 21:32
Special Operations Equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kokopelli
01-29-15, 22:23
Well you missed the boat.. Last month Primary Arms had the Troy padded single-point for $10! They had them for $15 in December, so I bought myself one. Then dropped them to $10!

MiamiC70
01-30-15, 20:34
Savvy Sniper

The_War_Wagon
01-30-15, 21:23
Their mounts are proprietary, and they ain't cheap, BUT... I'm partial to Tactical Link's single-point setup. I utilize that setup on my HD AR.

MPchinadoll
01-31-15, 07:24
Their mounts are proprietary, and they ain't cheap, BUT... I'm partial to Tactical Link's single-point setup. I utilize that setup on my HD AR.

That Tactical Link would be perfect if it had an HK hook. I guess I could use the SCAR sling with the mash hook though. I looked at the Troy single point padded bungee. The only thing I like about the troy is the lack of slide release buckles.

The SOE slings, looked okay. but for that much money the Tactical Link looks much better made for $25 more. (also SOEs website seemed kinda like a joke.)
The Savvy Sniper is a definite no-go. Too much contraptiony gunk at the end like the magpuls. Female using the sling here, and while they had a line of slings just for girls, Looking at all that metal junk at the end makes me think of three words.....Metal-Boob-Snag :o no amount of hot pink webbing would make that feel any better :p

MPchinadoll
01-31-15, 07:24
double tap :o

Mustang31
01-31-15, 08:11
I can't really help you much on the sling because I actually like the Magpul MS3, but I can give a little advice on an end plate. I too was running the Magpul ASAP on a few rifles and did not care for the clunky design. I came across a company that made an ambidextrous end plate called the SLAP and thought id give it a shot. Now all my rifles sport a SLAP end plate. Here is a link to said end plate;

http://ikickhippies.com

docsherm
01-31-15, 11:26
Condor just sucks. Blue Force Gear makes a good single point sling.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/udc-padded-bungee-one-point-sling.html

Nightstalker865
01-31-15, 11:39
I can't stand single point slings, but second Doc's recommendation for one. BFG makes good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jfkudla
01-31-15, 11:39
In my opinion, T3 makes the best slings.

http://www.t3gear.com/

If you search around, they can be had fairly inexpensively.

MPchinadoll
02-01-15, 18:32
Condor just sucks.

Could you elaborate a little? Cheap buckles, bad webbing?

docsherm
02-01-15, 19:28
Could you elaborate a little? Cheap buckles, bad webbing?

Yes. All the above. They are made for airsoft and not acutal use. Poor quality material, poor stitching, bad assembly control, and cheap hardware.

Slab
02-02-15, 21:28
I agree with Doc, every piece of condor gear I’ve seen in the field, or on the range, has crapped the bed. Then follows the "sad lip" from said owner... I've used Specter's MOUT single point for several years and like it... That being said just went back to the VTAC...

http://www.spectergear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=580

lawusmc0844
02-03-15, 00:09
I hate single point slings but at the same time they are much easier while wearing armor. I decided to fit this on my two point VCAS and Ares Armor Huskey slings http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/2-to-1-point-triglide-threads-into-your-sling-and-makes-it-convertible/

MPchinadoll
02-03-15, 22:32
Yes. All the above. They are made for airsoft and not acutal use. Poor quality material, poor stitching, bad assembly control, and cheap hardware.

Roger that! Thanks for the heads up.

In my opinion, T3 makes the best slings.

http://www.t3gear.com/

If you search around, they can be had fairly inexpensively.

Well I've narrowed it down to two. The T3-CQC and the tactical link SCAR Bungee Single Point Mash Hook Sling. At this point I'm leaning heavily towards the T3 CQC. Thanks all for the help advice and recommendations!

CLHC
02-04-15, 00:40
Lots of recommendations and advice. Another is the Urban ERT's Sentry Hybrid. This specific sling can be easily configured for single-point or two-point use on one's rifle.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Brandon04GT
02-13-15, 18:05
I run a Magpul MS3 with a Noveske QD end plate. Really happy with the setup so far, though I haven't really put it "through the wringer" yet. I really like the QD end plate though. Nothing to rattle or get in the way.

BeeGunz
02-19-15, 11:16
Referencing the post about the Tactical Link brand of slings.
It was mentioned that their mounts are proprietary. Does that mean that the Q.D. hardware won't fit my DD sockets already on my v1?

CatSnipah
02-19-15, 11:41
I have a Magpul MS3 Multi-Mission sling - which can work as a single or two-point sling. It does it's job pretty well - at least all I need it for. I like the flexibility. I have two Spikes Tactical QD attachment points on my rifle - one just past the front of the receiver on the keymod rail and one on the rear of the receiver.

I'm not doing 10-hour hikes or traipsing across the desert for days in high-tension environments, just taking classes and general range duty, so it works just fine for my needs.

kwilkin
02-19-15, 11:51
Another option to consider is the S&S Precision low-profile adjustable sling with their Sling Clip. There simply is no more minimal design out there (if there is, please let me know!).

It's only drawback is price (the sling is about $45 and the Sling Clip is about $75), but it is a well made and thought-out piece if kit. It connects to the weapon using a single shrouded HK hook. There are no other connectors. It is a single point when you want it (i.e., shooting) and the Sling Clip makes a two-point for when you're not.

I mount mine at the receiver using a CQD end plate. Donning the weapon is as simple as putting your arm and head through the sling and you're good to go. It won't interfere with weak-side transitions and it keeps the sling out of the way while shooting like any other single-point. The Sling Clip can also clip onto other things for weapon retention if you need it in a pinch, such as MOLLE loops, pants pockets, belts, etc.

Here's Kyle Defoor demo'ing it in a video:
http://soldiersystems.net/2011/08/10/kyle-defoor-on-the-ss-precision-sling-clip/

You can order from S&S Precision directly.

sevenhelmet
02-19-15, 11:56
I'm a fan of the Magpul MS3 and MS4, which both use QD connectors to attach to the rifle in single-point mode The easiest setup would be an MS3 with a QD end-plate so you can switch back and forth between single and 2 point mode.

Personally, I'm a fan of 2-point slings, but I like having the flexibility to switch if my preference or mission ever changes.

CatSnipah
02-19-15, 12:26
I'm a fan of the Magpul MS3 and MS4, which both use QD connectors to attach to the rifle in single-point mode The easiest setup would be an MS3 with a QD end-plate so you can switch back and forth between single and 2 point mode.

Personally, I'm a fan of 2-point slings, but I like having the flexibility to switch if my preference or mission ever changes.

Exactly my thoughts.

BeeGunz
02-19-15, 12:27
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm seeing where most recommend 2 point. And that advice is coming from a background I respect. Some like the single point. I like the idea of one stop shopping. And convertible may cost a little extra, but would give me a chance to see all in one box. My take on an ar as self defense goes along with what my wife saw happening in MO. when the riots were looming. Many places didn't get burned because the owner(s) stood by with an ar at hand. Not a shot had to be fired. I'm too old for the heavy military/leo style of training. Just want to look like I mean "bidness" should the time come.

Grease Monkey
02-19-15, 14:19
Referencing the post about the Tactical Link brand of slings.
It was mentioned that their mounts are proprietary. Does that mean that the Q.D. hardware won't fit my DD sockets already on my v1?

No, I use their stealth sling and a Noveske QD endplate. I'm not a fan of their mounts but, the slings are awesome. I appreciate the quick release buckle should I need to come out of the sling quickly if I manage to get hung up on something some how, etc.

If you run a single point QD setup, be it a convertible or dedicated. Make sure the mount that bears the load in single point mode is made of steel. Aluminum will wear out under heavy use in my personal experience. I tore up a $100 Knight's endplate mount pretty quick. Never again. Also, check out BCM's QD endplate. The cheapest out there I believe and it's steel. Good luck!

BeeGunz
02-20-15, 11:17
No, I use their stealth sling and a Noveske QD endplate. I'm not a fan of their mounts but, the slings are awesome. I appreciate the quick release buckle should I need to come out of the sling quickly if I manage to get hung up on something some how, etc.

If you run a single point QD setup, be it a convertible or dedicated. Make sure the mount that bears the load in single point mode is made of steel. Aluminum will wear out under heavy use in my personal experience. I tore up a $100 Knight's endplate mount pretty quick. Never again. Also, check out BCM's QD endplate. The cheapest out there I believe and it's steel. Good luck!

Good info. Thanks.

MPchinadoll
03-03-15, 18:33
Well I'm going with the T3-CQC. Just waiting on backlist for the multicam pattern one. thanks for all the suggestions everyone!