View Full Version : ETS Transparent glock mags

Pages : [1] 2

zombiescometh
01-30-15, 15:56
Looks like glock is going to have another drop in factory mag sales. Msrp $20
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/01/27/transparent-glock-magazines-ets/

markm
01-30-15, 16:01
If they're as nice as their AR mags, they'll have a winner. I need to order some more of those ETS 30s. I keep procrastinating that.

Elkhound
01-30-15, 16:35
Competition can be a beautiful thing! I like the idea of a transparent Glock mag. I'll give them a try.

PD Sgt.
01-30-15, 16:43
I will have to try a few of these out. I like the fact you can use aftermarket baseplates/mag extensions.

DWood
01-30-15, 17:09
ETS has a discount code but you have to use the name of TOS. It gets you the coupled mags for $15 instead of $19. Shipping is $5 for any number of mags. I too will be in for some of these Glock mags. I like that they are making 15,17, and 33 rounds and any baseplate fits.

MountainRaven
01-30-15, 20:19
ETS has a discount code but you have to use the name of TOS. It gets you the coupled mags for $15 instead of $19. Shipping is $5 for any number of mags. I too will be in for some of these Glock mags. I like that they are making 15,17, and 33 rounds and any baseplate fits.

I can't think of anyone who has been begging for more 33-round Glock magazines. They'll be cool for the 9mm Kriss.

What we really need is something around 23-25 rounds - with NO extension. I guess we'll be waiting on Magpul for those, though.

Kain
01-30-15, 20:25
I can't think of anyone who has been begging for more 33-round Glock magazines. They'll be cool for the 9mm Kriss.

What we really need is something around 23-25 rounds - with NO extension. I guess we'll be waiting on Magpul for those, though.

You and me think alike. I like it. Am hoping magpul gets the 23-25 round mags out soon. Would replace some of my home defense mags after vetting them.

That said, since I have been on a half assed mag buying spree as of late picking up random mags to try, at about 1 random mag for every 10 Pmag mag or USGI mag I buy I'll likely pick up a few of these to play with as well as a handful of the Magpul mags when they hit the streets.

Savior 6
01-31-15, 04:56
Awesome! I hope they do it for the USP Series as well.

Double3
01-31-15, 06:16
ETS has a discount code but you have to use the name of TOS. It gets you the coupled mags for $15 instead of $19. Shipping is $5 for any number of mags.

Try m4carbine :cool:

DWood
01-31-15, 07:50
Try m4carbine :cool:

It looks like that works too. Thanks.

wildcard600
01-31-15, 08:10
Awesome! I hope they do it for the USP Series as well.

+1

i would buy the crap out of those.

ST911
01-31-15, 08:59
I wonder how many calls ETS will get complaining about the cartridges being crooked in the magazine, and how it looks or will function.

http://www.etsgroup.us/v/tn_With%20Ammo%201.jpg

markm
01-31-15, 10:57
:sarcastic: No kidding.

DWood
01-31-15, 12:37
I wonder how many calls ETS will get complaining about the cartridges being crooked in the magazine, and how it looks or will function.

How do the rounds line up in a Glock magazine? :sarcastic:

Jackal556
01-31-15, 12:42
Pretty neat idea, just wonder about its durability. Nice that you can use different floor plates with it.

DWood
01-31-15, 18:53
Pretty neat idea, just wonder about its durability. Nice that you can use different floor plates with it.

They will be made from the same polymer as the AR mags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85114404&v=V4uvGtDdMZ8&x-yt-ts=1422579428

Uni-Vibe
01-31-15, 23:00
Maybe Glock will make a Glock with transparent plastic parts; a see-through pistol would let you see all the inner working parts in action. The 1911 crowd would turn green with envy.

Flankenstein
01-31-15, 23:43
Maybe Glock will make a Glock with transparent plastic parts; a see-through pistol would let you see all the inner working parts in action. The 1911 crowd would turn green with envy.

The media would have a field day with that!! You can already take those evil Glocks through metal detectors...now you want the frame to be invisible!!??

Code3Patriot
02-01-15, 09:26
Thanks to this thread I bought some ETS AR mags yesterday, and I'm looking forward to the release of their Glock mags. The ETS Glock mags won't replace the role of my OEM mags, but adding variety to the magazine cache is never a bad thing.

Who would have thought that 2015 would be the year of the aftermarket Glock magazine.

sevenhelmet
02-01-15, 09:52
The media would have a field day with that!! You can already take those evil Glocks through metal detectors...now you want the frame to be invisible!!??

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story... especially if gets those evil guns off our streets.

In all seriousness, these would be great for reloading after USPSA stages.

Firefly
02-02-15, 10:47
This has potential to be 50 shades of awesome with a heavy dose of totally rad.

These will be great for training magazines and ammo accountability. I do the same with Lancer AWMs. Great magazines for most anything but practice or training they are my first choice for instant ammo accountability.

It IS possible to lose count on GI mags and I have seen people be able to cram 32 rounds in a 30 rounder with weak or WW2 era (j/k barely post-Vietnam era) springs.

This can only make life easier. Good stuff. So it better work!

El Cid
02-02-15, 15:41
I like the idea and will give them a try when they hit the market.

Wonder how long before people customize their Glocks to be able to view the ammo through the grip? ;)

Something like this:
http://www.dlsports.com/pics/2012-06-13-pics/1911-window-grips/2012-06-13-1911-window-grips-medium.jpg

MountainRaven
02-02-15, 15:52
Return of the ASP?

http://www.aacblog.com/wp-content/uploads/20110825-145210.jpg

ETSGroup
02-03-15, 11:01
Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to let you all know that I am watching this thread and I will answer any questions you all have about our upcoming glock mags.

We are very exited and the feedback thus far has been nothing short of amazing.

PS. I know someone mentioned wanting a .45 22-23 round mag that doesn't use an extension....we may have something in the works on that later this year. :cool:

El Cid
02-03-15, 20:33
Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to let you all know that I am watching this thread and I will answer any questions you all have about our upcoming glock mags.

We are very exited and the feedback thus far has been nothing short of amazing.

PS. I know someone mentioned wanting a .45 22-23 round mag that doesn't use an extension....we may have something in the works on that later this year. :cool:
Thanks for being active and offering to answer questions. As for one piece tubes that extend beyond the frame (roughly 20-25 rounds), I suspect that is for all calibers.

SeriousStudent
02-03-15, 21:23
How do the rounds line up in a Glock magazine? :sarcastic:

The opposite of how they line up in a HK mag.

(Someone will get the joke.)

deejai
02-03-15, 21:23

A Glock with a Pmag style window would be pretty cool.

MountainRaven
02-03-15, 21:39
Thanks for being active and offering to answer questions. As for one piece tubes that extend beyond the frame (roughly 20-25 rounds), I suspect that is for all calibers.

Probably chiefly for the 9mm and 40-calibers, I imagine.

CoryCop25
02-03-15, 21:51

I see what you did there......

Savior 6
02-07-15, 02:07
Return of the ASP?

http://www.aacblog.com/wp-content/uploads/20110825-145210.jpg
Bring it! Even the Guttersnipe.

Outstanding!

Nice. ;)

El Cid
11-30-15, 19:43
I received my ETS mags today and my first impression is that they don't feel very robust. The plastic reminds me of something from a toy. It feels much more rigid than the plastic in Glock OEM mags - like they may not respond well to impacts on hard surfaces. Obviously there is no metal lining to include the feed lips. I'm not one to baby my gear so I plan to use these for training and treat them like OEM Glock mags. I also plan to leave them full when not using them to see if the feed lips crack.

I do like the base pads. They have a small ridge on each side to help stripping them from the weapon. The mags were easy to fill and insert into a pistol with the slide closed.

The plastic is smoked, much darker than I was expecting based upon the website photos. Not that it's bad - they still provide plenty of visibility - just different. Could be the lighting. Could be the lots will vary when they make them.

I bought them as an experiment so I'll update as I work with them.

http://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Group-Glock-Magazines-s/1823.htm

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1148_zpsvhlcuk4d.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1147_zps6p96moml.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1146_zpsino3gqrf.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1145_zpsf6d1fyxb.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1144_zpsgccamclm.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1142_zpsxr0mr5pa.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1141_zpsvsnlo0qq.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsvhkvlfkz.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/ETS%20Mag%202_zpssmrewra2.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsoj3e0ldw.jpg

Firefly
11-30-15, 19:55
Really hope these work out.

If they do I'll put all my Glock mags away and use these as trainers, plinkers, knockers.

I have 20 year old Glock mags holding rock steady but would prefer to keep them for putting away.

Buy all your mags before summer. Just a hunch I hope is ultimately unfounded.

ETSGroup
11-30-15, 20:00
I received my ETS mags today and my first impression is that they don't feel very robust. The plastic reminds me of something from a toy. It feels much more rigid than the plastic in Glock OEM mags - like they may not respond well to impacts on hard surfaces. Obviously there is no metal lining to include the feed lips. I'm not one to baby my gear so I plan to use these for training and treat them like OEM Glock mags. I also plan to leave them full when not using them to see if the feed lips crack.

I do like the base pads. They have a small ridge on each side to help stripping them from the weapon. The mags were easy to fill and insert into a pistol with the slide closed.

The plastic is smoked, much darker than I was expecting based upon the website photos. Not that it's bad - they still provide plenty of visibility - just different. Could be the lighting. Could be the lots will vary when they make them.

I bought them as an experiment so I'll update as I work with them.

Thanks for your business. Run them hard! You won't break them, Promise. I have a 31 round mag here that has been dropped fully loaded on concrete from 6ft over 60 times and it runs just fine, albeit a little beat up...;)

El Cid
11-30-15, 20:06
Thanks for your business. Run them hard! You won't break them, Promise. I have a 31 round mag here that has been dropped fully loaded on concrete from 6ft over 60 times and it runs just fine, albeit a little beat up...;)

I want them to do well. Competition in this industry is always a plus for us as consumers. Thanks for pushing the limits.

nate89
11-30-15, 23:35
I pre-ordered a few from Rainier, and they should be here any day now. I think making the 22 rounders was a great idea-something nobody else is making. I assume that .40 mags will be on the way, and a 140mm 40 mag will be sweet for Limited in USPSA.

FlyingHunter
12-01-15, 19:14
Thanks for the write up! I'm looking forward to trying one of these and if reliable...maybe more.

Straight Shooter
12-02-15, 07:12
I cannot believe Ive not seen these before, nor the AR mags. Order inbound ASAP. Wondering if you've thought about some mags for the
Glock 21 & 41 in 45ACP? Even an extra capacity that held 17 or more- maybe even a 27 rounder, like those heinous Korean pieces of crap.
Whats the word on these?

Leuthas
12-02-15, 07:42
I bought two ETS AR mags a while ago out of curiosity for the coupler they use. In the process of abusing them unreasonably I found myself impressed with the Polymer. They each have several hundred rounds through them, and seem to be working fine.

I picked up several Glock pmags to trial for a while, I think I might do the same with a couple of these.

What does worry me, along with the pmags, is possible feed lip erosion from the rim of each case as you load the magazine. Something you won't see in rifle mags due to the true double stack design.

Straight Shooter
12-02-15, 09:20

Brother..you aint even lying.

ETSGroup
12-02-15, 09:54
I bought two ETS AR mags a while ago out of curiosity for the coupler they use. In the process of abusing them unreasonably I found myself impressed with the Polymer. They each have several hundred rounds through them, and seem to be working fine.

I picked up several Glock pmags to trial for a while, I think I might do the same with a couple of these.

What does worry me, along with the pmags, is possible feed lip erosion from the rim of each case as you load the magazine. Something you won't see in rifle mags due to the true double stack design.

The question you pose on feedlip "erosion" is a very good question. We wondered how well it would hold up in this configuration when compared to the double stack on an AR also. We have one of our glock 17 mags here for testing that has over 6000 rounds through it. It has never been cleaned and other than being amazingly dirty, it looks almost new other than minor scratches from inserting and dropping and so on. We are completely confident that these mags will never get worn out. That is why we can confidently offer a lifetime warranty.

brickboy240
12-02-15, 11:46
Cool...at this price, we can afford to buy a few and play with them to see if they are up to carrying standards.

Better buy all the mags you want now, as President Hillary might make all of these things go bye-bye come November of next year.

(lets hope not but better safe than sorry)

Leuthas
12-02-15, 12:28

Brother..you aint even lying.

Next up: an innovative ban resistant polymer.

Straight Shooter
12-02-15, 21:27
Next up: an innovative ban resistant polymer.

How appropriate after todays events.
Anyway...JUST ordered several mags...AR & Glock. Gonna run em and report back. Was there an M4 Carbine Discount Code I missed?
Cause...I missed it, if it was!

andersenvincent7
12-03-15, 19:35
I don't have a need for a transparent mag but if they work well then I would be willing to pick some up

Dionysusigma
12-03-15, 19:38
Was there an M4 Carbine Discount Code I missed?
Cause...I missed it, if it was!

There was... (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?164739-ETS-Transparent-glock-mags&p=2073273#post2073273) doesn't seem to work anymore, though. :(

Tzook
12-03-15, 23:14
Man, I hope these work out. If they do, I'm going to buy a boatload of them. Love the concept, just have to see to believe....

friendlyfireisnt
12-04-15, 12:17
I've been hoping to hear good things about these. I plan on trying a few out shortly, but I've been focused on vetting the magpul Glock mags first (got about 700+ rounds so far through the 17rnd ones, 15rnd ones are en route).

Once I'm confident in the PMAG's, I'll start testing the ETS ones.

El Cid
12-12-15, 20:48
I've used them the last two weekends and they are working as advertised. I've made sure not to keep them from hitting the concrete or gravel when ejected. I keep them full when not using them to see how the feed lips hold up. The 22nd round is still a pain to get into the mag.

jnr4817
12-13-15, 10:11
I bought 7 for my AR-9mm build. I've had them for 2 weeks. Loaded all 7, hit the range without issue. They are currently all loaded up and waiting for next weekend. I'll keep ya'll informed if any issues arise.

Reed

Rotorhead84
12-13-15, 15:43
Glocks get all the fun toys.

duece71
01-05-16, 17:45
Waiting to hear how these are working out for people, I will buy if everything is favorable. It's tough to beat Magpul....

Straight Shooter
01-06-16, 01:15
I have a couple Glock 22 rounders and two AR mags..I did a thread on them..I like them after one range trip. Mine are all loaded, seem well built to me.

Firefly
01-06-16, 05:54
I've had some for a bit. Two Glock mags.

I like them. They'll likely be my range/practice mags from now on and I'll preserve my factory mags. Plan on getting some more.

They 'feel' like those old Eagle Ruger mags, but they work very well.

Eventually I'll knick some Glock pmags, but for now ETS. Wonder if they'll make a .45 one.

ETSGroup
01-06-16, 09:54
I've had some for a bit. Two Glock mags.

I like them. They'll likely be my range/practice mags from now on and I'll preserve my factory mags. Plan on getting some more.

They 'feel' like those old Eagle Ruger mags, but they work very well.

Eventually I'll knick some Glock pmags, but for now ETS. Wonder if they'll make a .45 one.

We do plan on making .45 for Glocks.

And guys you can buy our mags with confidence. They work like an OEM mag and are extremely durable. We offer a lifetime warranty. We have test mags here that have been dropped over 60 times fully loaded on concrete, ran over by trucks, and left fully loaded for over 9 months now. Any of you guys that are on the fence, pick some up, if you aren't 100% satisfied, we will take them back, even used.

brickboy240
01-06-16, 10:05
Its odd how people are going ga-ga over these mags.

Why?

Well when the Magpul Glock mags came out, I remarked how they did not have witness holes on the back like OEM Glock mags and many said those were unnecessary!

Well...which is it? LOL

ETSGroup
01-06-16, 10:53
Its odd how people are going ga-ga over these mags.

Why?

Well when the Magpul Glock mags came out, I remarked how they did not have witness holes on the back like OEM Glock mags and many said those were unnecessary!

Well...which is it? LOL

Based on the feedback we have been getting it's more than just knowing how many rounds are in the mag. It's know what type of ammo and being able to see it from any angle and even from several feet away. It really is a major convenience and I can bet if other people are like me, once you get used to them, you won't even want to go back to the tiny witness holes, or worse, a single hole telling the mag is full, or not.

Also a big safety factor for force training.

And I guess in the end, if our mags are as reliable and durable as on OEM, and cheaper and see through, the real question is, who wouldn't want them?

brickboy240
01-06-16, 11:47
My cousin has an older HK USP 9 full size with some translucent mags. I always thought that was a good idea. The HK mags seem to run well.

Will try to pick up a few of these new Glock mags and try them out.

SPQR476
01-06-16, 12:31
It would be cool if someone took these out and put some pressure on the bottom of the mag when shooting. Maybe some lateral pressure when shooting a 17 mag in a 19. Maybe got a little dirt in them. Maybe some flatter nosed ammunition types in various sized guns. Maybe get them hot and check drop free. Maybe measure spring force or look at the state of the spring in the loaded condition. Maybe see a stack anomaly, where rounds stack on top of one another instead of alternating properly during loading. That would be cool.

But, they do look neat when loaded.

nate89
01-06-16, 13:20
Another 100 rounds through the 22 rounders today with my Glock 19 with no problems. Slide locks back and I'm very happy with them.

ST911
01-06-16, 13:39
It would be cool if someone took these out and put some pressure on the bottom of the mag when shooting. Maybe some lateral pressure when shooting a 17 mag in a 19. Maybe got a little dirt in them. Maybe some flatter nosed ammunition types in various sized guns. Maybe get them hot and check drop free. Maybe measure spring force or look at the state of the spring in the loaded condition. Maybe see a stack anomaly, where rounds stack on top of one another instead of alternating properly during loading. That would be cool.

Can do.

El Cid
01-06-16, 14:10
We do plan on making .45 for Glocks.

Any hope for 140mm G21 mags? Or even better, 140mm G20 mags would be wonderful!

As for durability, I have a few hundred rounds through a 22rd, 31rd, and 17rd ETS mag. I left a 17rd mag untouched to compare feed lips down the road. The mags I've been using feed 147gr FMJ (flat nosed), and 115gr FMJ without issue so far. They have been dropped in the dirt and on concrete. I'll admit I was skeptical at first, but every trip to the range instills more confidence. I'll try the tests the Magpul rep suggested next time I'm out there.

ETSGroup
01-06-16, 14:20

I am confident that all of our customer's and all of the other various instructors and what not would be more than willing to let us know about any problems with our mags....which they haven't.

As you know, it only takes the public a couple of days to find a major problem that would lead to a recall...

brickboy240
01-06-16, 14:36
Buy them now while they are cheap.

After Queen Hillary's coronation, any pistol mag that holds more than 10 will be 50 bucks, plus!

After the 94 ban, I sold 2 Glock 17 factory mags for 75 bucks a pop at a local gun show. (seriously)

...lesson learned.

SPQR476
01-06-16, 15:06
I am confident that all of our customer's and all of the other various instructors and what not would be more than willing to let us know about any problems with our mags....which they haven't.

Are you checking your email and phone messages? You might be missing the calls.

Firefly
01-06-16, 15:12
I forgot to mention that one feature I really do like are the "ears" on the base plate. I haven't had to forcefully strip the magazine yet, but they seem handy. Don't think baseplate is going anywhere without a Glock tool.

I will say, not as a slight, that while they would likely work; the two ETS mags wouldn't be my first line mags at this point just because they are so new and I personally prefer Glock factory magazine for that. If I still like them in 5 years, ETS might make it way to my Personal Defense mags. Just me. After some rounds, I can't find a fault yet.

I'm just some guy on the internet but these do give me options to preserve my factory mags. I can remember being a 21 year old college kid and paying $99 for the privilege of 17 rounds. So, I'd like never to have to do that again.

I don't baby my stuff but don't really abuse it either.

Also can't wait for .45 mags, that way I can preserve my 21 mags as well. I think keeping some normal capacity mags to put away in pristine shape wouldn't be a bad idea at all at this stage in the game.

WickedWillis
01-06-16, 17:36
I am going to buy some soon. They will probably fall in line with Magpul mags to me, great for the range until completely proven. I really like the 22-rd mags.

azeriosu85
01-09-16, 01:07
some tension in here....

Vandal
01-09-16, 10:47
Am I the only one having fun watching the ETS and MagPul accounts going back and forth?

I'm going to snag a few ETS mags to go with my Glock and PMags if for no other reason than they look cool. The online reviews seem to be pretty darn good so far, I'm looking forward to beating on them a little to see what happens.

Straight Shooter
01-09-16, 11:11
What IVE seen...someones butthurt theres another choice on the market. That's the way I see it.
EVERYTHING needs vetting...but Ive yet to seen one review anywhere that had a single negative thing to say about these mags.
IF they were junk..it would have shown itself by now. But...more testing & use needed. I like mine enough Im using for EDC reloads.
IIRC- somebody else had some pretty severe initial problems with their Glock mags...seems to have been worked out tho. I don't recall other companies trash talking them.

specopsscout
01-09-16, 11:27
Any issues with solvent compatibility? I had an IMI Mountain Eagle years ago that had clear polymer magazines. I melted one of the magazines, when it came into contact with Shooters Choice.

Firefly
01-09-16, 11:54
Any issues with solvent compatibility? I had an IMI Mountain Eagle years ago that had clear polymer magazines. I melted one of the magazines, when it came into contact with Shooters Choice.

Good question. I know Lancer mags say no DEET. I don't over lube my glocks but a little M Pro 7 lube so far hasn't affected anything.

And I kinda agree about the little passive aggression. Nobody really trusted AR pmags at first and now they ship with guns. I use the 7.62 mags in my KAC. Coexist man...coexist.

El Cid
01-09-16, 13:30
What IVE seen...someones butthurt theres another choice on the market. That's the way I see it.
EVERYTHING needs vetting...but Ive yet to seen one review anywhere that had a single negative thing to say about these mags.
IF they were junk..it would have shown itself by now. But...more testing & use needed. I like mine enough Im using for EDC reloads.
IIRC- somebody else had some pretty severe initial problems with their Glock mags...seems to have been worked out tho. I don't recall other companies trash talking them.
Exactly. And if a competitor went into a Magpul product thread and tried that, I bet the Magpul rep would cry foul in a New York minute.

As for the ETS mags, another 150 rounds through mine today and no issues. Even tried pushing laterally against a barricade on the floor plate as that other brand requested - worked just fine. I am not seeing any concerns yet but time will tell. I keep them filled between range sessions to get an idea of long term pressure on the feed lips.

ETSGroup
01-09-16, 13:47

That is a very good question, especially with clear plastics.

We spent a lot of time making sure we had a plastic that was very chemical resistant. It had to be able to withstand solvents for gun cleaning and other harsh chemicals it might encounter like jet fuel, acids, and DEET. Our mags will not react with these chemicals in any way, so they are unaffected. So you don't have to worry about getting some of your gun solvents on these mags, it won't hurt them.

jackblack73
01-09-16, 14:07
Am I the only one having fun watching the ETS and MagPul accounts going back and forth?

I'm going to snag a few ETS mags to go with my Glock and PMags if for no other reason than they look cool. The online reviews seem to be pretty darn good so far, I'm looking forward to beating on them a little to see what happens.

I've kept my mouth shut, but I personally think it's unprofessional of Magpul. I say that loving Magpul products and their posts on this forum in the past. But recently they've stepped over the line in this thread and others, in my opinion. If this were a thread about Magpul, or even mags in general, I'd have no problem. Or if someone had questioned their products and they were simply defending themselves. But this is a thread specifically about ETS and they've inserted themselves in an aggressive, abrasive manner. I don't think it reflects well on the company, but maybe it's just me.

ST911
01-09-16, 14:37
Ok, back on track please.

birdkiller
01-09-16, 18:49
While functionality in the gun hasn't really been a problem, I have had some other complaints such as magazine pouch compatibility. I'm going to put a few hundred more rounds through my 22s and 17s to finish up the 2000 round challenge, clean the gun, run some more then do a write up.

nate89
01-09-16, 23:44
I only have two of the 22 rounders, but I have found that when filled to the 22 round capacity, the mag has swelled enough to no longer drop out of the gun. By removing even one round, the problem disappears. I can't see myself trying to drop a completely full magazine, but is this a known issue? Had anyone else found this to be a problem? Is it a problem in only the extended mags, or do the 17 and 15 rounders exhibit the same problem?

Firefly
01-10-16, 03:48
I can't speak to the 22 rounders, but the 17 rounders don't do that. I've kept em loaded and so far good to go.

ETSGroup
01-10-16, 09:07
I only have two of the 22 rounders, but I have found that when filled to the 22 round capacity, the mag has swelled enough to no longer drop out of the gun. By removing even one round, the problem disappears. I can't see myself trying to drop a completely full magazine, but is this a known issue? Had anyone else found this to be a problem? Is it a problem in only the extended mags, or do the 17 and 15 rounders exhibit the same problem?

When new, you may have this happen on a 22 rounder, they are tighter than any of the other models due to trying to fit 22 rounds in 140mm. That said, once you leave it loaded it should no longer due this. We felt this was ok since we can't think of a scenario where you would need to drop a fully loaded may with the slide locked back without even chambering the first round.

If you have left the mag loaded and the problem persists, please contact customer service and we will replace it.

misfit47
01-10-16, 11:30
I will have to order some of these. Still trying to decide which glock to get but it will be 9mm. Be nice to have extra mags waiting.

usmcvet
01-10-16, 19:24

I'm sure a few! It's pretty cool to see how they line up. I never knew!

I have a pair or their AR Magazines Coupled together. I have a pair of MagPul G17 magazines I bought to try in an AR build. If I ever get around to finishing it! I'm interested in trying a pair of 17 & 30 round magazines too. I never feel like I have enough magazines. The '94 AWB's scars run deep.

[QUOTE=SPQR476;2243259]Are you checking your email and phone messages? You might be missing the calls.

I love my MagPul gear. Especially your AR furniture. All my carbines wear it. I've been buying it for years. Still have my origional rubber MagPul's on magazines in a patrol bandoleer. That said. Your post is petty. Competition is a good thing.

ETS is sporting MagPul gear on a 9mm SBR running their version of Glock magazines on their website. Your BUIS for sure and it looks like your pistol grip too. Looks like a MOE or CTR stock as too.

ETS can you tell us about the folding stock carbine on your website. I'm interested in the side folding stock set up. Is that a MagPul stock? Who makes the folder?

I'm looking to build a Angstadt Arms 9mm rifle. I'd like to buy a SBR from them but don't have the coin ritpghtnnow.

https://angstadtarms.com/0940-receiver-set/

ETSGroup
01-10-16, 20:18
[QUOTE=ST911;2073323]I wonder how many calls ETS will get complaining about the cartridges being crooked in the magazine, and how it looks or will function.

I'm sure a few! It's pretty cool to see how they line up. I never knew!

I have a pair or their AR Magazines Coupled together. I have a pair of MagPul G17 magazines I bought to try in an AR build. If I ever get around to finishing it! I'm interested in trying a pair of 17 & 30 round magazines too. I never feel like I have enough magazines. The '94 AWB's scars run deep.

I love my MagPul gear. Especially your AR furniture. All my carbines wear it. I've been buying it for years. Still have my origional rubber MagPul's on magazines in a patrol bandoleer. That said. Your post is petty. Competition is a good thing.

ETS is sporting MagPul gear on a 9mm SBR running their version of Glock magazines on their website. Your BUIS for sure and it looks like your pistol grip too. Looks like a MOE or CTR stock as too.

ETS can you tell us about the folding stock carbine on your website. I'm interested in the side folding stock set up. Is that a MagPul stock? Who makes the folder?

I'm looking to build a Angstadt Arms 9mm rifle. I'd like to buy a SBR from them but don't have the coin ritpghtnnow.

https://angstadtarms.com/0940-receiver-set/

I believe that folder is by LAW tactical. Thanks for the words of support.

usmcvet
01-10-16, 20:56
[QUOTE=usmcvet;2246018]

I believe that folder is by LAW tactical. Thanks for the words of support.

Thanks.

WickedWillis
01-11-16, 14:53
Any updates, or do you know what capacity you guys are shooting for concerning your Glock 21/30 magazines? If you guys did this with HK mags as well, I would probably invest very heavily lol

ETSGroup
01-11-16, 14:54
Any updates, or do you know what capacity you guys are shooting for concerning your Glock 21/30 magazines? If you guys did this with HK mags as well, I would probably invest very heavily lol

It will be at least 6 months before we have .45 mags ready.

WickedWillis
01-11-16, 14:55
It will be at least 6 months before we have .45 mags ready.

It will be worth that wait, thank you for the response.

MStarmer
01-11-16, 19:15
I might have missed it but I'm surprised there's no metal feedlips (aka Lancer style)?

ETSGroup
01-11-16, 19:51
I might have missed it but I'm surprised there's no metal feedlips (aka Lancer style)?

No need for steel feedlips. Our plastic is more than capable of handling the stress at the feedlips. They can be stored loaded long term.

HKGuns
01-11-16, 19:57

Belly laugh. Nice one.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v24/p1482393472-5.jpg

[Sorry, couldn't resist throwing an HK down in a gLoCk thread.]

Having never owned a gLoCk, can someone please to 'splain to me the point of transparent pistol mags hiding in a pistol grip? Its just gotta be a gLoCk thingy.

ETSGroup
01-11-16, 19:59
Belly laugh. Nice one.

Someone please to 'splain to me the big deal about transparent pistol mags hiding in a pistol grip?

There is a lot of convenience and safety in being able to see how many, and what type of ammo are in your mags. From any angle and even several feet away. Like at the range when you have 10 mags laying on the table...or for force training to make sure no live rounds have made it into the mags.

Its not really for when the mags are in the pistol....

HKGuns
01-11-16, 20:18
There is a lot of convenience and safety in being able to see how many, and what type of ammo are in your mags. From any angle and even several feet away. Like at the range when you have 10 mags laying on the table...or for force training to make sure no live rounds have made it into the mags.

Its not really for when the mags are in the pistol....

So you're tellin' me ya'll ain't tactical enough to know by the weight of your mags how full they are? That there is a training issue! :)

ETSGroup
01-11-16, 20:22
So you're tellin' me ya'll ain't tactical enough to know by the weight of your mags how full they are? That there is a training issue! :)

Of course we do...this is just for everyone else.... :cool:

azeriosu85
01-12-16, 05:09
Belly laugh. Nice one.

Having never owned a gLoCk, can someone please to 'splain to me the point of transparent pistol mags hiding in a pistol grip? Its just gotta be a gLoCk thingy.

Even your amazing HK's have this so it's not a "glock thingy".

http://pictures.gunauction.com/3626154036/13644329/20151024080446-9310.jpg

WickedWillis
01-12-16, 10:09
Even your amazing HK's have this so it's not a "glock thingy".

A buddy of mine has like 10 of those. I think they are pretty cool mags, and if your name is HKguns, that should be something you remember ;)

KTR03
01-12-16, 10:18
Question for ETS:

1) How quickly do you ship? I placed an order on 1/8 (#4025) and have yet to see any shipping info?

2) Sent this to your PM: Can you buy chance tell us the make of the flash suppressor on the 9mm AR on your homepage. I basically have an identical set up and would love that flash suppressor

Thanks,

D

ETSGroup
01-12-16, 11:04
Question for ETS:

1) How quickly do you ship? I placed an order on 1/8 (#4025) and have yet to see any shipping info?

2) Sent this to your PM: Can you buy chance tell us the make of the flash suppressor on the 9mm AR on your homepage. I basically have an identical set up and would love that flash suppressor

Thanks,

D

Your order will be shipping today.

That flash suppressor is by FERFRANS I think.....

44Dave
01-12-16, 13:56
GLK-22 is out of stock; ETA to replenishment?

Be nice if you get around to making a 22rd for .40...

ETSGroup
01-12-16, 14:20
GLK-22 is out of stock; ETA to replenishment?

Be nice if you get around to making a 22rd for .40...

The G22 mags have not been released yet. It should be a couple of weeks.

We plan on making extended mags for .40 in a few months.

foxtrotx1
01-12-16, 19:38
The G22 mags have not been released yet. It should be a couple of weeks.

We plan on making extended mags for .40 in a few months.

Sorry if I missed this earlier, but do you plan on making mags for any other pistol platforms? HKUSP seems like a prime candidate since they already use polymer magazines.

ETSGroup
01-12-16, 23:05
Sorry if I missed this earlier, but do you plan on making mags for any other pistol platforms? HKUSP seems like a prime candidate since they already use polymer magazines.

We are looking into other platforms at this time. However, no decisions have been made.

Blstr88
01-13-16, 02:03
We are looking into other platforms at this time. However, no decisions have been made.

I vote for some 15 round USP compact 9 magazines! I love my USPc but for a gun that size (comparable to G19) 13-rounds just doesnt seem like enough...15+ would be ideal.

Firefly
01-13-16, 13:24
Meh, I'd rather use HK mags in HK guns.

But if ETS made Beretta mags......

Apec
01-13-16, 22:26
Meh, I'd rather use HK mags in HK guns.

But if ETS made Beretta mags......

The market's saturated with Beretta mags - USGI, factory and Mec-Gars. I don't doubt that ETS could make good ones, but there are plenty of good options floating around at decent prices. That said, transparent mags would still be nice.

HK on the other hand... All we got is promag as an alternative and they are unreliable as can be.

specopsscout
01-14-16, 07:43
That is a very good question, especially with clear plastics.

We spent a lot of time making sure we had a plastic that was very chemical resistant. It had to be able to withstand solvents for gun cleaning and other harsh chemicals it might encounter like jet fuel, acids, and DEET. Our mags will not react with these chemicals in any way, so they are unaffected. So you don't have to worry about getting some of your gun solvents on these mags, it won't hurt them.

Thanks for the reply. I'll be ordering a handful for T&E very soon.

SomeOtherGuy
01-14-16, 10:25

I'll suggest the CZ Scorpion Evo3 S1 to put on your list. I'm not super impressed with the factory mags. If you do make one for that, how about an intermediate size like 25rds? The factory 20 is short but has barely more capacity than a standard handgun mag, and the 30 is very long. Something like 25 would seem to be a sweet spot.

falnovice
01-14-16, 13:06
The M&P lines are still very popular. I'm curious if mags could be made for that. I'd love a few 22rd mags that didn't required extensions.

ETSGroup
01-14-16, 14:47
I'll suggest the CZ Scorpion Evo3 S1 to put on your list. I'm not super impressed with the factory mags. If you do make one for that, how about an intermediate size like 25rds? The factory 20 is short but has barely more capacity than a standard handgun mag, and the 30 is very long. Something like 25 would seem to be a sweet spot.

We have gotten many requests for these and we will be taking a hard look at it in the coming weeks.

WickedWillis
01-14-16, 15:13
Not to keep throwing stuff on your plate, but I see some fantastic opportunities for you guys mentioned here. We need a reputable manufacturer to make some aftermarket mags for guns that don't currently have that support. HK, M&P, etc. there is a fertile market out there for sure.

09fatbob
01-14-16, 15:48
Just got 2 of the 21 RDS.9mm glk 17 Took them to the range drove over one on gravel. Threw it into the air about 20ft up landed in the mud, cleaned it off loaded it up ran flawless. Only complaint is shiney, on the protruding end. I'll buy more esp. If they come out with the 15rds g 21 mags

hogarth
01-14-16, 20:57
Maybe a little late to the party, but I just did some limited testing of my ETS 9mm Glock mags. Review is posted here:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/product-review-elite-tactical-systems-group-ets-glock-magazines/

15 and 17 rounders were both flawless in my G19. My 22 rounder had some issues. Kept jamming with 6 rounds remaining in the magazine. Will keep after it and see if it fixes itself. If not, I'll test out ETS customer service and either try to get a fix, like a different spring (I know some have gone that route) or just exchange it for another 15 or 17 rounder.

ETSGroup
01-14-16, 21:18
Maybe a little late to the party, but I just did some limited testing of my ETS 9mm Glock mags. Review is posted here:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/product-review-elite-tactical-systems-group-ets-glock-magazines/

15 and 17 rounders were both flawless in my G19. My 22 rounder had some issues. Kept jamming with 6 rounds remaining in the magazine. Will keep after it and see if it fixes itself. If not, I'll test out ETS customer service and either try to get a fix, like a different spring (I know some have gone that route) or just exchange it for another 15 or 17 rounder.

Sorry about the trouble with the 22 rounder. It's probably a bad spring. Please email customer service, or shoot me a PM with your address and I will get a new spring on the way to you.

I read the review and wanted to thank you for taking the time to write and post it up.

hogarth
01-14-16, 22:14
Sorry about the trouble with the 22 rounder. It's probably a bad spring. Please email customer service, or shoot me a PM with your address and I will get a new spring on the way to you.

I read the review and wanted to thank you for taking the time to write and post it up.

Thanks for the kind words. As I said in the blog post, ETS seems to be backing up their mags with their CS, so that's a good sign.
I'll shoot you a PM with my contact info. And I'll update the blog with the quickness of this interaction; I'm sure our readers will love to see that. Thanks!

MStarmer
01-15-16, 11:04
I need more Glock mags like a hole in the head but I think I'll pick up a pair just for the see thru. My Lancer's are my go to mags that live loaded in my AR just for that reason, easy to see!

PD Sgt.
01-15-16, 13:32
I have about 10 of these I have been using for personal T&E with my G19s and 17s. I have not racked up any really high round counts yet, as my training classes in '15 were over before I ordered these.

I have replaced all the baseplates with orange Vickers plates. I do this for ease of identification as well as tracking individual mags. I also use Vickers plates on my carry guns. All went on easier than with a factory Glock mag.

So far they have survived numerous drops from reload height to concrete (range) floor. Maybe a small scuff here or there but small and inconsequential. I have also purposely dropped them partially loaded (from 3 to 10 rounds) with no issues or rounds falling out. I have seen no sign of wear at the feedlips from cycling. I am also keeping one each (19 and 17) loaded in my safe to watch for any spreading.

My personal thoughts are at first they did feel light to me, which I think lends them to feeling less sturdy to people. So far though they seem to be holding up well. I really like the ability to use Glock compatible baseplates. This was a big selling point initially for me. I like the transparent body and the ability to see remaining rounds, though witness holes do the same thing. I will probably use them for practice for the foreseeable future and use my Glock mags for carry. There is no real reason for me to switch my duty/carry mags, they work just fine. These mags are great for reducing wear and tear on my factory mags in training.

ETSGroup
01-15-16, 17:47
I have about 10 of these I have been using for personal T&E with my G19s and 17s. I have not racked up any really high round counts yet, as my training classes in '15 were over before I ordered these.

I have replaced all the baseplates with orange Vickers plates. I do this for ease of identification as well as tracking individual mags. I also use Vickers plates on my carry guns. All went on easier than with a factory Glock mag.

So far they have survived numerous drops from reload height to concrete (range) floor. Maybe a small scuff here or there but small and inconsequential. I have also purposely dropped them partially loaded (from 3 to 10 rounds) with no issues or rounds falling out. I have seen no sign of wear at the feedlips from cycling. I am also keeping one each (19 and 17) loaded in my safe to watch for any spreading.

My personal thoughts are at first they did feel light to me, which I think lends them to feeling less sturdy to people. So far though they seem to be holding up well. I really like the ability to use Glock compatible baseplates. This was a big selling point initially for me. I like the transparent body and the ability to see remaining rounds, though witness holes do the same thing. I will probably use them for practice for the foreseeable future and use my Glock mags for carry. There is no real reason for me to switch my duty/carry mags, they work just fine. These mags are great for reducing wear and tear on my factory mags in training.

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback!

Voodoo_Man
01-17-16, 07:22
http://i.imgur.com/hFUJ4Oq.jpg

hogarth
01-22-16, 14:38

Well, you guys rock. I got a new spring one week since I posted the review on my blog. I got the chance to try it out today, just 100 rounds, but that meant 4+ full loadings of the 22 round magazine, and it worked flawlessly for all 100 rounds. I've edited my blogpost, at the end of the article, to reflect the new-found success as well as the great customer service. I will keep using them in my practice and training and see if they continue to work so well. THanks!

ETSGroup
01-24-16, 20:22
Well, you guys rock. I got a new spring one week since I posted the review on my blog. I got the chance to try it out today, just 100 rounds, but that meant 4+ full loadings of the 22 round magazine, and it worked flawlessly for all 100 rounds. I've edited my blogpost, at the end of the article, to reflect the new-found success as well as the great customer service. I will keep using them in my practice and training and see if they continue to work so well. THanks!

Glad to hear they are running well for you now. Thanks again for taking the time to post back.

SomeOtherGuy
01-24-16, 20:56
I picked up a 22rd mag to try, and got it to the range today with my well used gen3 G17. I had limited time so only ran about 55rds through it, many of those the top 4-5 (of a full mag) and reloading to 22 to test where I thought it was most likely to choke. No issues in operation. The mag inserts easily and drops free with up to 21rds, but apparently swells a bit at 22 and with all 22 loaded, can only be locked in place when the slide is locked back, and has some friction going in or out. As I think was mentioned in a prior post, you aren't that likely to need to drop the full 22rd mag, and if you have to it pulls out with slight effort.

The mag loads very easily up to the 21st round. The 22nd takes some effort, but isn't terrible. Some of my ban-era 10rd pistol mags (not Glock) are more difficult to load the last round than this ETS mag is.

It's interesting to see how wonky the cartridges get at various levels of loading. I assume that OEM mags do this the same, but it just isn't visible.

The one thing I dislike is the lack of attachment between the spring, follower and internal floorplate. I disassembled the mag before use and reassembled, but I apparently got the spring off center or something. I think it was oriented correctly, but caught on something. I managed to fix it with careful reassembly, but between that and the trickiness of having the follower in place (not sideways) when installing the spring, I would prefer if the spring attached to the follower rather than merely pressing against it, and likewise to the floorplate. Just a preference, but since ETS is hear listening to feedback, I'll offer that suggestion.

misfit47
02-13-16, 19:48
So has anyone left some fully loaded in a really hot environment such as a car or pack while hiking or anything? They seem to be tough as nails against abuse and chemicals, but don't think I saw mention of heat or cold. Also is there a discount code for this year or mil discount?

ETSGroup
02-13-16, 20:27
So has anyone left some fully loaded in a really hot environment such as a car or pack while hiking or anything? They seem to be tough as nails against abuse and chemicals, but don't think I saw mention of heat or cold. Also is there a discount code for this year or mil discount?

Of course I can't speak for others, but we test our mags up to 180F and down to -60. For the heat soak test, we leave the mag loaded for 48 hours, then take it out and test, drop testing, function testing and so on. We then put it back in. We leave it for a total of a week straight at 180 fully loaded to make sure nothing adverse happens. Also, our material doesn't get brittle in the cold. We easily survived several drops from 6ft fully loaded on concrete at -60.

At 180F you should be good to leave the mag loaded in the vehicle in the hottest of environments.

misfit47
02-13-16, 20:38
Good deal. Thanks for getting back so quick!

El Cid
02-17-16, 16:36
Just a quick update - I don't keep round counts on mags, it's tough enough keeping them on the weapons. That said, every time I've gone to the range (4 times a month minimum), I've brought the ETS mags. I've been using the 31rd, 22rd, and 17rd in various G17's and G19's. I have not had a single issue thus far. I've made sure to drop them on the dirt/gravel and concrete. I've put sideways pressure on the floor plates using barricades, and I have varied the tempo of firing.

When not in use, they stay full at home so that I can compare them to a 17rd mag I haven't used at all down the road looking for feed lip spread. I would have no concern at all about using them on duty or for CCW purposes. I was pretty skeptical at first, but put me down in the impressed column. Now if they would make some extended G20 and G21 mags I'd be very happy!

Lee Indy
02-17-16, 17:57
Gonna grab some of these

ETSGroup
02-17-16, 20:13
Just a quick update - I don't keep round counts on mags, it's tough enough keeping them on the weapons. That said, every time I've gone to the range (4 times a month minimum), I've brought the ETS mags. I've been using the 31rd, 22rd, and 17rd in various G17's and G19's. I have not had a single issue thus far. I've made sure to drop them on the dirt/gravel and concrete. I've put sideways pressure on the floor plates using barricades, and I have varied the tempo of firing.

When not in use, they stay full at home so that I can compare them to a 17rd mag I haven't used at all down the road looking for feed lip spread. I would have no concern at all about using them on duty or for CCW purposes. I was pretty skeptical at first, but put me down in the impressed column. Now if they would make some extended G20 and G21 mags I'd be very happy!

Thanks for taking the time to post back. I am glad to hear we exceeded your expectations. That is always our goal...

Firefly
02-17-16, 20:17
I'll chime in. I've kept mine topped off and use them as range mags.
No problems. I'll keep my factory mags for putting away. These are tougher than they look. Pretty boring reliability.
I'll get more and again just use my factory mags for my putting away/"killin'" mags.

Lee Indy
02-18-16, 06:46
ordered some from botach. ill see them by christmas :)

misfit47
02-18-16, 07:12
Same here Lee. Bunch of 22 and 31 rd ones. We shall see who gets them first!
I've got a gen 4 g19, and a keltec sub 2k gen 2 to wring them out in.

misfit47
02-18-16, 07:46
Well I submitted an email to ets about mil discount. If they offer one, I'll be ordering glock mags from them and some ar mags as well.

Eurodriver
02-18-16, 08:03
$17 for these mags? That's kind of pricey considering I can get OEM for not much more. They also work with OEM base plates and have witness holes.

Competition is great, but risk has a cost and for me it is way more than 15%. What is the benefit here? Is it just transparency?

ETA: I see this was already answered in December. Looks neat, sure, but that price really needs to get to <$12...

misfit47
02-18-16, 08:11
$17 for these mags? I can get OEM Glock for $20.

Not trying to hate. But why? If they were ten, it's a no brainer. But what is the benefit here?

Wow.
What am I missing? Why the wow? It's seeming to be a good product by an American company. Why not give them a shot? I can't get oem mags for $20. Let alone the higher capacity ones. You can get d&h aluminum ar mags for 6.99, but everyone gladly pays more for magpul, lancer, and ets. Free market and my money.

Chiral
02-18-16, 08:22
I know many here do not like Botach, but I ordered 5 ETS 22nd magazines for 12.49 each on Feb 4th and it was delivered free to my home by Feb 10th.

misfit47
02-18-16, 08:24
I know many here do not like Botach, but I ordered 5 ETS 22nd magazines for 12.49 each and it was delivered free to my home by Feb 10th.
I've heard really mixed reviews about them, but figured it's worth the gamble. Disputing charges is not overly difficult if I need to. I'm going to order some direct as well. Can't have too many mags right?

misfit47
02-18-16, 09:40
Well placed order from ets as well.
More is gooder right?

WickedWillis
02-18-16, 10:49

I got mine in 4 days from Botach. First time I have ever ordered from them.

Fluffy Bunny
02-18-16, 23:58
I also have a bunch of ets mags coming from Botach; 12 for glock 4 for ar-15. Half the price of oem glock mags means I will be really happy if these prove gtg.

ssracer
02-19-16, 07:25
I picked up a few this week with their Presidents' Day coupon. Two 17round and one 31 round. Looking forward to trying them out,

Firefly
02-19-16, 10:41
First off, I haven't seen OEM mags for 19.99 in quite a while. 25-29 seem to be the current going price.

Don't need witness holes when it is transparent.

They make good knockaround mags. I like em

SomeOtherGuy
02-19-16, 11:13
First off, I haven't seen OEM mags for 19.99 in quite a while. 25-29 seem to be the current going price.
Don't need witness holes when it is transparent.
They make good knockaround mags. I like em

Natchez and CDNN have had OEM Glock mags at or around $19.95 for months now. They were in stock at that price at Natchez last I knew.

I think the lower prices on OEM mags are attributable to competition from Magpul and ETS however.

shadow93
02-19-16, 12:27
What benefit do these offer over the magpul glock mags besides being clear? Any pro's/con's between the different plastics without breaking any trade secrets?

misfit47
02-19-16, 12:29
Floorplate, capacities are biggest I can discern.

WickedWillis
02-19-16, 12:50
What benefit do these offer over the magpul glock mags besides being clear? Any pro's/con's between the different plastics without breaking any trade secrets?

Capacity at this point. I like both mags. Actually, I plan on running just ETS and Magpul Glock mags at the range this weekend. THe 22-round ETS mags I really love.

ETSGroup
02-19-16, 16:45

Being clear is a pretty big advantage. A lot of people don't think it is because the mag is hidden when in the gun. But in reality it provides a level of convenience and safety that you can't get in an opaque mag. Also, our mags accept OEM and aftermarket bade plates, so that is another large advantage.

trinydex
02-19-16, 17:00

with these clear mags, has anyone figured out what that rattle is? every once in a while my mags will rattle. take a few rounds out and reload them and it might go away. what is that???

ETSGroup
02-19-16, 17:04
with these clear mags, has anyone figured out what that rattle is? every once in a while my mags will rattle. take a few rounds out and reload them and it might go away. what is that???

Sometimes with an even round count, one of the rounds may rattle a bit, nothing to worry about.

trinydex
02-19-16, 17:08
Sometimes with an even round count, one of the rounds may rattle a bit, nothing to worry about.

is it the bullet stack moving like a slinky and rattling against the body? what's exactly going on to create that phenomenon? i've been wondering for years.

ETSGroup
02-19-16, 17:11
Its not really the stack, its the tapered transition area and how the spring force is applied between the 2 stacks. I know this sounds like a dick answer, but it's really quite complicated to try and explain in text here.... But it's only 1 round that is rattling. At least this is the case with our mags. I can't speak for other makers, but I suspect if you hear a rattle it would be similar.

WickedWillis
02-19-16, 17:26
Its not really the stack, its the tapered transition area and how the spring force is applied between the 2 stacks. I know this sounds like a dick answer, but it's really quite complicated to try and explain in text here.... But it's only 1 round that is rattling. At least this is the case with our mags. I can't speak for other makers, but I suspect if you hear a rattle it would be similar.

My fully loaded OEM Glock 19, and Vp9 magazines both rattle when full.

trinydex
02-19-16, 17:46

that actually makes good enough sense. that would explain why i don't have to dump the whole magazine to get the sound to go away, only 3-4 rounds.

finally found out why. it's like i've been holding this piss for years.

44Dave
02-22-16, 09:30
Still need G22 mags :)

misfit47
02-22-16, 09:58
I'm looking forward to the 45 mags. I'm highly considering a g41 but want reliable higher capacity mags without needing an extension that is iffy and costs more than the magazine.

BLACKMAX1
02-22-16, 11:52
Any word on when the Glock 22 (40 cal) mags will be released? Says coming soon on the site.

ETSGroup
02-22-16, 16:29
Any word on when the Glock 22 (40 cal) mags will be released? Says coming soon on the site.

They are in production right now. I should have a pretty hard date tomorrow on when they will be ready for shipment.

BLACKMAX1
02-22-16, 16:41
Awesome because I need 10 ASAP.

misfit47
02-23-16, 06:29
My big stick mags came in yesterday. Those jokers are light as a feather but have stiff springs. Nicely done.

Lee Indy
02-23-16, 07:35
My big stick mags came in yesterday. Those jokers are light as a feather but have stiff springs. Nicely done.

Hey maybe mine will show up soon then too. we ordered about the same time.

misfit47
02-23-16, 07:53
Did you order directly from ets? Those are the ones that arrived. My botach order has not shipped yet, don't expect it to until next week. My cdnn order shipped already as well. That was for 5 factory mags and some factory mini 14 mags though.

Lee Indy
02-23-16, 08:00
Did you order directly from ets? Those are the ones that arrived. My botach order has not shipped yet, don't expect it to until next week. My cdnn order shipped already as well. That was for 5 factory mags and some factory mini 14 mags though.

na it was bocrap that i ordered from. forgot you ordered from two places. i dont need these as i have metric ton of factory mags so i wasnt in a hurry

WickedWillis
02-23-16, 10:11

First go with my 22-rounders this weekend, I could only load 19 in one, and 21 in the other due to how stiff the springs were. I assume they'll be fine after a few cycles.

Lee Indy
02-23-16, 11:27
Hello Oscar,

Hope you are doing well. Unfortunately our ETS shipment was delayed. However, we are expecting it to arrive any day now. As soon as we received the ETS we will ship out your order.

Viviana Serrano / Botach Tactical

good thing im not in a hurry

MStarmer
02-23-16, 16:24
Ok I want some, is there a current discount code for the ETS website?

misfit47
02-23-16, 17:09
Ok I want some, is there a current discount code for the ETS website?
I got the mil discount. Don't think there's any other codes right now.

misfit47
02-24-16, 09:24
Well got update that botach order has shipped. That'll put me at 10) 33 rd and 8) 22rd, 8 factory 19 mags. Will order some more as well since I will be getting another g19 or a 34.

brickboy240
02-24-16, 09:55
Glad to see that the 15rd Glock 22 mags are coming out soon.

I am in the process of re-furbing my ratty old carry gun (2nd gen G22) by replacing sights, refinishing the slide and re-texturing the frame. New mags for this pistol will be sweet!

Going to place an order for at least 4-5 mags.

Awesome!

MStarmer
02-28-16, 14:09
I guess I'll have to wait, got a call from ATEi saying my RMR'd G19 slide was done and on it's way back. Now I'm poor...:cool:

Lee Indy
03-01-16, 06:35
my mags from botach came in. love em. now to run em thru the paces.

InfiniteGrim
03-02-16, 17:41
Anyone having issues with stress marks forming on their magazines? Or swelling to the point that they require a lot of force to even move in the magwell?

09fatbob
03-02-16, 17:48
Nope, love mine, been trying to wear them out and break them no luck yet

InfiniteGrim
03-02-16, 17:53
question answered, removed to not create any worries

09fatbob
03-02-16, 17:56
Hmmm just got my first 31 rounder (bought 1one) the other day ...not a big fan of that much sticking out of my gun, thanks I will be monitoring this

09fatbob
03-02-16, 18:06
Plz post their reply too

ETSGroup
03-02-16, 18:08
My 31 rounders have the following forming, from the stress concentration created by where the plastic is injected in the mold.

I only just emailed ETS about this, so I'm not sure if its an issue. But this wasn't there when I loaded them 1-2 months ago. My 17 and 22rd mags do not show this, but I have been shooting them so they have been unloaded a lot more than they have been loaded.

Those are not stress marks, it's where the plastic is injected. Almost all of the 31 rounders have those marks at the top of the gating. It's absolutely nothing to worry about. The reason you don't see them on the shorter mags is because their gates are in a different location.

09fatbob
03-02-16, 18:10
Sweet!! Thanks ETS group

InfiniteGrim
03-02-16, 18:13
Those are not stress marks, it's where the plastic is injected. Almost all of the 31 rounders have those marks at the top of the gating. It's absolutely nothing to worry about. The reason you don't see them on the shorter mags is because their gates are in a different location.

Awesome, good to here.

09fatbob
03-02-16, 18:36
Infinitegrim, my 31 rounder looks the same as yours ...just got it a couple days ago and haven't loaded it yet. As far as swelling we'll see.so far I'm happy with these, I've beat a 22 and a 17 up so far,I'm plzed the 22 I have a hard time loading to 22 no biggie tho

misfit47
03-02-16, 22:19
Well my botach order showed up. These mags are nice. Will be ordering some more next month. My gen 2 sub 2k should love these!

InfiniteGrim
03-02-16, 22:33
Well my botach order showed up. These mags are nice. Will be ordering some more next month. My gen 2 sub 2k should love these!

Anyone know when the 22rd or 31rd will be back in stock? For what they are charging I want to stock up on 22rders!

09fatbob
03-03-16, 05:22
Order direct from ETS

misfit47
03-03-16, 06:23
Got email they were back in stock at botach.

jackblack73
03-09-16, 20:50
These are AR mags, instead of Glock mags, but it looks like they held up well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeeS5bYJaUY

ETSGroup
03-09-16, 21:40
These are AR mags, instead of Glock mags, but it looks like they held up well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeeS5bYJaUY

Nice video. I did see some of our glock mags being run over and dropped. Maybe it will be another video...

Cletus989
03-18-16, 16:50
Just got back from the range and tested out my 2 new 31rd ETS mags. Both had FTF around 6 rounds left. Happened in both my G26 and G19.

09fatbob
03-18-16, 16:52
Is that all u have (31rders) If not, problems with any of the others

WickedWillis
03-18-16, 17:17
Just got back from the range and tested out my 2 new 31rd ETS mags. Both had FTF around 6 rounds left. Happened in both my G26 and G19.

Interesting. I have had zero issues with my 22-rounders in my 19 thus far.

misfit47
03-18-16, 17:32
I will get to the range monday to test mine out in a g19 and keltec sub 2k gen 2.

ETSGroup
03-18-16, 18:30

Sorry that happened top you. Based on what you are saying with only 6 rounds left, it sounds like a spring issue. Please contact customer service and we will get new springs on the way asap.

Cletus989
03-18-16, 20:20
Sorry that happened top you. Based on what you are saying with only 6 rounds left, it sounds like a spring issue. Please contact customer service and we will get new springs on the way asap.
Ok thanks

Is that all u have (31rders) If not, problems with any of the others
Yes I only bought the 31rd ones

usmcvet
04-05-16, 09:51
I have a pair of ETS 3 round AR magazines. They're great. I just bought a 31 round Glock mag. I'm looking forward to shooting with it this weekend.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/Mobile%20Uploads/40BE7AC8-81AE-4A07-BA4B-743CC7D967AF_zpsw4zzmfpy.jpg (http://s859.photobucket.com/user/usmcvet0331/media/Mobile%20Uploads/40BE7AC8-81AE-4A07-BA4B-743CC7D967AF_zpsw4zzmfpy.jpg.html)

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/Mobile%20Uploads/D0E9C91A-858C-4DCE-8D6D-4A5D1894E66F_zpsc0xmucra.jpg (http://s859.photobucket.com/user/usmcvet0331/media/Mobile%20Uploads/D0E9C91A-858C-4DCE-8D6D-4A5D1894E66F_zpsc0xmucra.jpg.html)

Firefly
04-05-16, 13:18
Going on a few months with mine.
They are my de facto range mags now.

They are just the standard 17 round ones and are pretty good. Still might knick some Glock pmags but for now...I pretty much use these now.

I keep my factory mags for putting away.
Would like some Glock 21 ETS mags

ETSGroup
04-05-16, 13:19
Going on a few months with mine.
They are my de facto range mags now.

They are just the standard 17 round ones and are pretty good. Still might knick some Glock pmags but for now...I pretty much use these now.

I keep my factory mags for putting away.
Would like some Glock 21 ETS mags

We will be working on 21 mags next...

misfit47
04-05-16, 13:21
I'm patiently waiting for the 21 mags myself. Fondled the 41 mos and am in love!

bushwacked
04-05-16, 17:06
so overall experiences? Worth the money?

usmcvet
04-05-16, 17:08
I paid $19.99 from PSA. Well worth twenty bucks. Their AR mags are great. I'm sure this will be too.

InfiniteGrim
04-05-16, 17:17

I cannot comment on the "worth it" when it comes to paying retail.

BUT the $13 each Botach is charging (if you buy 7+ free shipping, all sizes are the same price), I'm tempted to order another 10-20.

bushwacked
04-06-16, 07:35
I cannot comment on the "worth it" when it comes to paying retail.

BUT the $13 each Botach is charging (if you buy 7+ free shipping, all sizes are the same price), I'm tempted to order another 10-20.

just curious .. why so many?

usmcvet
04-06-16, 07:43

I imagine he felt the pain of the last AWB. I did. That's why I buy when I can. I wish I had $20,000 to buy an M16. I really wish I was old enough in the 1980's to have bought MG's then. They've out performed most investments.

misfit47
04-06-16, 07:48
I felt left out after the last ban as well. I'm buying enough that I can have them stashed away in multiple places in case something happens to my range stash. Given that I've got multiple guns that use them so I like to have plenty of mags for each one.

usmcvet
04-06-16, 07:59
I'm going to buy more. At that price you can buy seven for what your pay for less than you pay for three 33 round mags. It's a great deal.

bushwacked
04-06-16, 08:00
ya it is a solid deal ... I am thinking of grabbing 4 to try them out since I have never used them before. Would be nice to have a good range set.

Chiral
04-06-16, 08:10
I know this is a glock thread, but any chance of ETS magazines for the Sig P320?

Tzook
04-06-16, 08:47
I felt left out after the last ban as well. I'm buying enough that I can have them stashed away in multiple places in case something happens to my range stash. Given that I've got multiple guns that use them so I like to have plenty of mags for each one.

Exactly. Mags are a perishable item. Grab em while you can and stack em deep.

ETSGroup
04-06-16, 09:16
I know this is a glock thread, but any chance of ETS magazines for the Sig P320?

We are looking at several different platforms at this time, but no decisions have been made yet.

44Dave
04-06-16, 09:25
I see the G22 mags are shipping now...

ETSGroup
04-06-16, 09:33
I see the G22 mags are shipping now...

Yes indeed. We are very happy with them. I think everyone is going to like them a lot.

misfit47
04-06-16, 09:35
Yes indeed. We are very happy with them. I think everyone is going to like them a lot.
Well I know what to get my dad for his birthday then. Now get on those g21 mags! Please...

Chiral
04-06-16, 10:12
We are looking at several different platforms at this time, but no decisions have been made yet.

Great! Really hoping this becomes reality. Lots of P320 owners are starving for good 3rd party magazines.

uffdaphil
04-06-16, 11:06
Another vote for hi-cap G21 mags. In the 9mm 22rd length please. What would that be? I'm thinking 16-17.

MStarmer
04-06-16, 16:07
Any coupon codes yet?

bushwacked
04-06-16, 17:25
Any coupon codes yet?

to get cheaper than the $13 or $14 they go for with 4+ purchased? How cheap are you wanting? haha

InfiniteGrim
04-06-16, 20:12

I'm not the kind of guy who likes to spend half of my time at the range standing around loading magazines.

And I think anyone who doesn't "buy cheap & stack deep" gets what they deserve next panic. Stuff is as cheap as we've seen in a long time. And honestly, our chances of beating Hillary aren't looking to great... I have a feeling it may become hard to find stuff close to the election, and whether or they become easily available will be determined by the election.

As a side note, ETS... While I think your packaging is nice for hanging on store shelves, it really takes up a bunch of space for those of us that like to keep spares around in the factory wrapper.

misfit47
04-06-16, 20:34
Mine come in bulk bubble envelopes with the backers stacked loosely with them.

ETSGroup
04-06-16, 21:14
The feedback on our packaging is noted.

RHINOWSO
04-06-16, 22:40
And I think anyone who doesn't "buy cheap & stack deep" gets what they deserve next panic. Stuff is as cheap as we've seen in a long time.
Agreed.

usmcvet
04-06-16, 22:41
Agreed.

Very true.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/Mobile%20Uploads/C20E02CB-3BA1-42F1-AA53-6A6A2F120314_zpsommkvl8a.jpg (http://s859.photobucket.com/user/usmcvet0331/media/Mobile%20Uploads/C20E02CB-3BA1-42F1-AA53-6A6A2F120314_zpsommkvl8a.jpg.html)

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/Mobile%20Uploads/77506DAF-DA88-440F-804C-931A8CCF0035_zpsogjurisk.jpg (http://s859.photobucket.com/user/usmcvet0331/media/Mobile%20Uploads/77506DAF-DA88-440F-804C-931A8CCF0035_zpsogjurisk.jpg.html)

I could only get 32 in mine today. If I tried any harder I would have cut my thumb.

bushwacked
04-07-16, 09:36
pulled the trigger and got 4 of the 17 rounders ...

yoni
04-07-16, 11:48

CZ P09/07 please.

MStarmer
04-07-16, 17:32
to get cheaper than the $13 or $14 they go for with 4+ purchased? How cheap are you wanting? haha

I like to buy direct, who was it that had them 4+ Botach? I try to stay away from them if possible.

Straight Shooter
04-07-16, 21:40
I like to buy direct, who was it that had them 4+ Botach? I try to stay away from them if possible.

Got another order coming in from Botach...never had one problem myself.

Fordtough25
04-08-16, 05:07
I ordered a 22 round 9mm yesterday to try out! Can't wait to get t in the mail. :)

jmnielsen
04-08-16, 06:07
Didn't realize Botach had them in stock again. I signed up to be emailed when the 22rd mags came back in stock and never heard from them. Thanks to this thread I got 7 on the way. Can't beat $13/ea shipped. Before I saw these I was going to purchase extended basepads for 3 gun for my glock mags, but at $30+ each these ETS mags are a no brainer.

MStarmer
04-08-16, 15:53
Fine you guys sucked me into it, unfortunately they didn't have any of the G26 sized ones listed but I consoled myself with (7). I ordered a variety pack of 15/22/32 mags to try out. At $13 ea and free shipping I don't have much to loose but am excited to beat the living snot out of them!

Edited to add, literally minutes after ordering them got an email from Aim Surplus for Glock PMags for $11.95 shipped, now I have some those coming too. I lived thru one ban with $75 mag prices, not again.

Fordtough25
04-09-16, 09:42
Fine you guys sucked me into it, unfortunately they didn't have any of the G26 sized ones listed but I consoled myself with (7). I ordered a variety pack of 15/22/32 mags to try out. At $13 ea and free shipping I don't have much to loose but am excited to beat the living snot out of them!

Edited to add, literally minutes after ordering them got an email from Aim Surplus for Glock PMags for $11.95 shipped, now I have some those coming too. I lived thru one ban with $75 mag prices, not again.

Thanks I just ordered some of the magpuls too! I can't wait for my ets mag to show up!!

thecolter
04-10-16, 19:59
I recently picked up a few for my G17. I also added the DSG Taran Tactical extensions, so I can confirm that you can run aftermarket base plates on these mags with no issues.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1651/25756098763_c86aa4d699_b.jpg

So far, so good...

misfit47
04-10-16, 20:10
Slick!

bushwacked
04-11-16, 14:41
just got an email today that botach will be getting more supply soon. When I ordered I did not even know they were backordered at the time. ... now I sit and wait :/

misfit47
04-11-16, 14:42
They get them back in stock every couple of weeks.

MStarmer
04-11-16, 15:08
just got an email today that botach will be getting more supply soon. When I ordered I did not even know they were backordered at the time. ... now I sit and wait :/

Yeah, I got two of those as well.

VIP3R 237
04-11-16, 15:14
I picked up a couple of the 22rd ones, and when fully loaded they are a pain to insert into the G17 mag well, and the wont drop free. When I download to 21 rounds I have no issues, has anyone else had this problem?

ETSGroup
04-11-16, 15:25
I picked up a couple of the 22rd ones, and when fully loaded they are a pain to insert into the G17 mag well, and the wont drop free. When I download to 21 rounds I have no issues, has anyone else had this problem?

Please contact customer service. We may need to get you some new springs.

Voodoo_Man
04-11-16, 17:53
http://i.imgur.com/8hfQ8JF.jpg (http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/04/safariland-iwb-mag-pouch-flexible.html#more)

44Dave
04-12-16, 09:03
My G22 mags came in a plastic baggie with no packaging.

Fordtough25
04-12-16, 11:44

As did my 9mm 22 round mag I received yesterday! I am ok with that and it looks/feels solid. I can't wait to try it out later this week.

ETSGroup
04-12-16, 12:01

That is how we ship all of our website orders. We only package the mags going to retail stores. The clam packaging takes a lot of space and would drastically increase the cost of shipping.

titsonritz
04-12-16, 12:04

So, do you like extra garbage to throw away?

usmcvet
04-12-16, 12:49
So, do you like extra garbage to throw away?
That was my thought too. I want the mags not the packaging. I've ordered AR mags that don't come in any packaging. They're gust packed in the shipping box. The clamshell makes sense for a retail/display setting.

MStarmer
04-14-16, 18:19
So someone want to tell me again how good Botach is? I must have gotten 6 or so emails stating first my mags were out of stock followed by 3 more today that they're not in stock OR manufacture, whatever that means.. Ugh.

misfit47
04-14-16, 18:22
Uh oh

WickedWillis
04-14-16, 18:30
Quick question to ETS,

I have two of the 22-rounders (three more on order atm), but even with my Uplula loader I can only get 21rds into the magazine. At first I attributed this to spring break-in, but I have a few hundred rounds through these mags now, and I still can only get 21 in. They function flawlessly aside from that. Is this pretty normal?

ETSGroup
04-14-16, 18:46
Quick question to ETS,

I have two of the 22-rounders (three more on order atm), but even with my Uplula loader I can only get 21rds into the magazine. At first I attributed this to spring break-in, but I have a few hundred rounds through these mags now, and I still can only get 21 in. They function flawlessly aside from that. Is this pretty normal?

Not normal, but we did have some go out with bad springs. The springs don't compress perfectly flat which makes it really hard, or impossible, to get the 22 round in. Please email customer service and we will get some replacement springs on the way to you.

WickedWillis
04-14-16, 18:46
Not normal, but we did have some go out with bad springs. The springs don't compress perfectly flat which makes it really hard, or impossible, to get the 22 round in. Please email customer service and we will get some replacement springs on the way to you.

I will let them know, thank you for your response.

bushwacked
04-14-16, 18:56
Just got another email that the 17 rounds are still out of stock. And still working on getting more from the Manu ... This is at botach.

misfit47
04-14-16, 19:00
I'm sure they are cranking them out as fast as possible.

lunchbox
04-14-16, 20:48
That is the norm for Botach. Why I wasn't the slightest bit surprised when I got an Email about my order for 10 ETS mags. I usally avoid them like the plague, but once a year I get forgetful and get reminded why. I don't think I've ever had a sale item ship within 2 weeks from them.... Ever.

South
04-14-16, 21:27
That is the norm for Botach.

Every other year or so, i'll see a lot of posts on how they are turning things around, and are now GTG. Then of course...we find out that they are not.

InfiniteGrim
04-14-16, 21:29
Every other year or so, i'll see a lot of posts on how they are turning things around, and are now GTG. Then of course...we find out that they are not.

The mags went out of stock quick. I dont see how that means they are still crap.

Are you sure you didn't add stuff to your cart without checking availible quantities? Or add to your cart got distracted and checked out later?

lunchbox
04-14-16, 21:58
Yup showed hundreds in stock. Even showed in stock when I got email saying they were sold out.

misfit47
04-14-16, 22:04
I'm just glad mine showed up quickly. Ets direct showed up sooner though.

Tzook
04-14-16, 23:06
Quick question to ETS,

I am having this issue with three 22 rounders I recently ordered, however they are functioning well just at a lower than 22 round capacity. When the spring compresses it looks pretty jacked up.

Assuming they keep functioning well I'm not really gonna be too worried about it, they aren't being run in a duty gun or anything like that.

Hot Sauce
04-14-16, 23:48
Yup showed hundreds in stock. Even showed in stock when I got email saying they were sold out.

Ain't that the truth. Exactly what I saw, too.

You just gotta know, when buying a sale item from Botach, just don't try to grab anything you need urgently. It will come eventually, but they don't have their shit together to really properly keep track of what is/isn't in stock, which is unfortunate if you're not expecting it.

bushwacked
04-15-16, 07:48

same here ... I ordered and was sitting around wondering why I have not got my shipping notice and figured something was wrong with their system and they were shipped out with no notice, but a week later I got the backorder notice. then another week passed and I got the trying to get stock ASAP notice.