PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Inc releasing Glock 42 trigger connectors - pre-order available now

calviroman
01-31-15, 12:42
Finally, Ghost is releasing both drop in and overtravel fitted connectors for the G42. Use coupon promo code MINIME for free shipping

http://www.ghostinc.com/category/06_g42_triggers___accessories/

I just ordered two. They are projected to begin shipping in 2 weeks.

YVK
01-31-15, 18:18
Every pocket gun that I know of has either heavy [and almost invariably long] trigger pull, or external safety, or both. Glock didn't make the 42 with the same trigger pull as their standard guns and didn't offer an OEM reduced connector for a reason. I don't think this is a particularly brilliant idea on Ghost's part.

DWood
01-31-15, 18:46
.............. I don't think this is a particularly brilliant idea on Ghost's part.

Well, my money is on Arthur. If he is releasing the connector it will be right. I spoke with him last month about them and he said it would be out in February. It looks like he was right.

Just because Glock didn't do it doesn't mean it wasn't needed. Glock wouldn't even sell - connectors directly to consumers early on, like it was some kind of taboo secret.

calviroman
01-31-15, 20:28
Every pocket gun that I know of has either heavy [and almost invariably long] trigger pull, or external safety, or both. Glock didn't make the 42 with the same trigger pull as their standard guns and didn't offer an OEM reduced connector for a reason. I don't think this is a particularly brilliant idea on Ghost's part.

Providing the operator is utilizing a proper holster which fully protects the trigger and exercises a proper and safe draw stroke, which IMHO is a must with any firearm, then an improved / slightly lightened G42 trigger pull is a great thing. I suspect that with this connector, most G42's will scale out between 5.5 and 6.5 lbs. Most have shipped with triggers in the 7-9 lb range from GA.

YVK
01-31-15, 22:57
Drawing from a pocket, with or without holster, puts restrictions on freedom of trigger finger movement and indexing and creates safety concerns. Which is why most of available pocket guns - Kahrs, LCP, Seecamp, Rohrbaugh, SW Bodyguard, to name a few - are long heavy DA. Changing the 42 from short & heavy to short & light striker pull is a questionable move at best.

calviroman
02-01-15, 09:58
Drawing from a pocket, with or without holster, puts restrictions on freedom of trigger finger movement and indexing and creates safety concerns. Which is why most of available pocket guns - Kahrs, LCP, Seecamp, Rohrbaugh, SW Bodyguard, to name a few - are long heavy DA. Changing the 42 from short & heavy to short & light striker pull is a questionable move at best.

While the Seecamp, Rohrbaugh, and Bodyguard do have relatively long and heavy (8-12 lb) triggers, Kahrs and LCPs will typically measure out between 5.0-6.5 lbs. The G42, with the Ghost connector, is a 0.5" travel and will measure the same weight pull as those two other wildly popular pocket pistols. I think this is a move in the right direction. 8+ pound triggers are tough to shoot well under duress, and I just don't see any safety benefit to having the added weight. All the safety is in safe handling and in making hits that may have otherwise been misses had the trigger been unsatisfactorily heavy. Being realistic, given my PG lifestyle, if I ever have to use a firearm in defense it will most likely be my pocket G42...and I want to have the best, cleanest, & smoothest trigger possible. The stock trigger is OK, but is simply too heavy.

YVK
02-01-15, 14:15
Kahrs and LCPs will typically measure out between 5.0-6.5 lbs. The G42, with the Ghost connector, is a 0.5" travel...

I've never handled a Kahrs that had 5 lbs trigger. The one I have here has 6.5 lbs. It also has 8 mm of weight loaded travel, excluding the take-up distance of a few mm more. 8 mm is 1/3 of inch, and I think it provides a required margin of safety for a pocket draw. Which gets me to this: are you saying that Ghost outfitted G42 will have a longer weight-loaded travel than a Kahr?

calviroman
02-01-15, 23:09
I've never handled a Kahrs that had 5 lbs trigger. The one I have here has 6.5 lbs. It also has 8 mm of weight loaded travel, excluding the take-up distance of a few mm more. 8 mm is 1/3 of inch, and I think it provides a required margin of safety for a pocket draw. Which gets me to this: are you saying that Ghost outfitted G42 will have a longer weight-loaded travel than a Kahr?

Thanks. We won't know until the upgraded connectors get installed, but yes based on how heavy the stock g42 pull is I speculate that even with the Ghost connector it will scale above 5 lbs. I'm sure there will be some reports / reviews in the next 3 weeks

K1tt3n5
02-02-15, 02:06
I went ahead and pre ordered one. I hate the stock g42 trigger and am sure this will be a welcome improvement. I'm anxiously awaiting a haley skimmer for the g42 to be released as well.

Psalms144.1
02-02-15, 09:01
I love the Glock EVO and Edge connectors - they're like buying skill when running Glocks. However, I switched back to factory "." connectors in all my serious use pistols as I found them to be just too light for my taste on a duty/sd pistol. On a pocket pistol I don't think I'd want anything like that trigger weight.

I've spoken with Howard several times and begged him to produce an EVO or Edge that mirrored factory trigger pull weight - basically just removing the hard "stop" at the end of the trigger press, but to no avail yet...