PDA

View Full Version : BATFE New SIG Brace opinions

U&A
02-04-15, 07:16
sorry if this has been posted already but just wanted to share what we all figured they were going to do. Change their mind on the sig brace. the new letter is a little confusing and not quite clear but I think that they are trying to make it a "gray area" so the law can be twisted whatever way need be in any circumstance. To me the most important and clear part of the letter is..

” any person who redesigns a stabilizing brace for use as a shoulder stock makes a NFA firearm when attached to a pistol with a rifled barrel under 16 inches in length or a handgun with a smooth bore under 18 inches in length.”

and I did not "redesign" the brace so.....im within the law because it is still designed to be shot from the arm not the shoulder. remember that it is all about intent with these guys. so leave the brace alone and you are good to go......for now. at least that's how I see it.:jester:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150116/another-week-another-executive-gun-control-action-batfe-reverses-prior-position-on-pistol-stabilizing-braces

ryr8828
02-04-15, 07:23
Thanks but we've pretty much beaten that one to death, buried it, dug it up, and beat it again.

U&A
02-04-15, 07:28
Thanks but we've pretty much beaten that one to death, buried it, dug it up, and beat it again.

Sorry. I just remembered it when I saw it in my email from the NRA from the 16th of January.