PDA

View Full Version : PSA Premium Upper 16 MidLength Accuracy

FlyPenFly
02-04-15, 10:18
I thought I cancelled my order but this came anyway. Surprisingly good quality overall in terms of fit and finish including the BCG. These use the barrels made to mystery PSA spec by FN. This version uses the chrome lined barrels in midlength.

I've been pondering keeping it but I was curious what sort of accuracy this setup is capable of with a free float handguard, match trigger, and match ammo. Are we looking at a Sub MOA or just over MOA if you invest into this system?

djegators
02-04-15, 11:18
PSA premium is decent quality for the money...no reason to expect precision type accuracy out of it.

FlyPenFly
02-04-15, 11:26
Yeah I don't expect bolt rifle accuracy but I would say just under 1 MOA is a high quality AR15 upper.

rooski
02-04-15, 14:10
My PSA Premium M4 carbine shoots about 1.5-2" MOA at 100 yds with Fed XM193 55gr. About 3/4-1" with 77gr OTM ammo. PSA makes a great gun for the money. If you want to shoot bug holes in paper you'll need to spend some more money.

NWcityguy2
02-05-15, 08:50
1 to 1.5 moa accuracy with quality ammo. That's based on multiple 5 round groups in a row, not a single 3 round group, with mil-spec trigger and hand guards. People can be dismissive of PSA, but very few people can shoot moa or under in actual field conditions, so an increase in accuracy isn't relevant for a duty grade upper.