PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Arms bull barrel

equilibrium
02-04-15, 16:10
Any info on the quality of Wilson Arms, in particular, their bull barrels? This is for a cost effective(ammo and parts) long range precision build I want to take on.

The_Hammer_Man
02-04-15, 20:40
Wilson's barrels, like most of the gear, is GTG.

This going to be a bench only rifle?

Leaveammoforme
02-04-15, 21:07
Delete

GH41
02-05-15, 05:59
What else do they make other than barrels?

I'll bet he is confusing them with Wilson Combat.

cnl390
02-05-15, 11:08
I have had several Wilson barreled uppers and they have all shot very well.

GH41
02-05-15, 18:16
I know I will never get an answer but I would love to know who pulls buttons for who??? I am willing to bet that there are less than dozen M4 barrel manufacturers in the country and Wilson is one of them.

.46caliber
02-05-15, 18:19
I know I will never get an answer but I would love to know who pulls buttons for who??? I am willing to bet that there are less than dozen M4 barrel manufacturers in the country and Wilson is one of them.

Wilson Arms or Wilson Combat?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

GH41
02-06-15, 06:34
Wilson Arms or Wilson Combat?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Wilson Arms. In business since 1954.... 26,000 s/f facility... They have to be making more than a few AR barrels. Quote from their site.

"The Wilson Arms Company has been a leading manufacturer of gun barrels for more than fifty years. Founded in 1954, the Company began specializing in large volume gun barrel production in the early 60’s. Today the Company produces a variety of barrels ranging from .17 caliber to .50 caliber and is poised to provide gun barrels in various stages of completion (from blanks to finished barrels) to most of the world’s major gun manufacturers supporting military, law enforcement and sport enthusiast applications"

rocket 442
02-06-15, 17:42

Double Star barrels are Wilson. I overheard the owner tell a customer that at a gun show. I believe RRA also use Wilson barrels. If you have a 1/9 4140 barrel chances are it's a Wilson.With the low prices of AR parts right now I see no reason to use a sub par barrel.

GH41
02-06-15, 17:59
Double Star barrels are Wilson. I overheard the owner tell a customer that at a gun show. I believe RRA also use Wilson barrels. If you have a 1/9 4140 barrel chances are it's a Wilson.With the low prices of AR parts right now I see no reason to use a sub par barrel.

Are you implying the Wilson barrels are sub par? Believing and knowing are two different animals. If you make a statement based on what you believe and are proven wrong you are liable. If you believe everything you hear from a salesman at a gun show I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. Markm will vouch for me.

rocket 442
02-06-15, 19:45
Are you implying the Wilson barrels are sub par? Believing and knowing are two different animals. If you make a statement based on what you believe and are proven wrong you are liable. If you believe everything you hear from a salesman at a gun show I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. Markm will vouch for me.

If you read what I said! The OWNER!!! of Double Star set up at a local gun show & told a customer...... Straight from the horses mouth! Yes a Wilson bull barrel is a waste of weight & money . Friends son built an AR using a Wilson bull barrel & thought it was the shit til I let him put his optics on my DD. Less weight, as accurate & 4150 vs 4140. Class 3 dealer,manufacturer & a personal friend before he recently retired sold quite a few RRA carbines to LEO's & I asked him who made RR barrels & he told me Wilson. I asked him how he knew. A RRA company rep told him.( that's why I said " I believe"). So..... Yes in my opinion Wilson
Barrels are sub par:-|

steyrman13
02-06-15, 21:29
If you read what I said! The OWNER!!! of Double Star set up at a local gun show & told a customer...... Straight from the horses mouth! Yes a Wilson bull barrel is a waste of weight & money . Friends son built an AR using a Wilson bull barrel & thought it was the shit til I let him put his optics on my DD. Less weight, as accurate & 4150 vs 4140. Class 3 dealer,manufacturer & a personal friend before he recently retired sold quite a few RRA carbines to LEO's & I asked him who made RR barrels & he told me Wilson. I asked him how he knew. A RRA company rep told him.( that's why I said " I believe"). So..... Yes in my opinion Wilson
Barrels are sub par:-|

It's the same with any of the companies. Wilson also makes match barrels that are very accurate (I have one). It depends on who they make them for. Same with FN for ex with BCM, PSA, Spikes. All made by FN but is the spikes the same as BCM. Prob not.... It all goes to how the customer specs the barrel requested

JiminAZ
02-06-15, 23:22
Wilson Arms owns Cooper Rifles of Montana, which are very, very accurate varmint and hunting rifles. Before Wilson bought Cooper, they were Cooper's barrel supplier. They know how to build an accurate barrel.

equilibrium
02-07-15, 05:57
The rifle is going to be a bench/prone/hunting rig. I knew Wilson has a reputation but wanted to get some more input before I purchased a barrel from them. I haven't heard of them being sub-par until this thread, which I am not too convinced is truth.

JiminAZ
02-07-15, 08:00
I was a bit tired last night when I posted. The correct name is "Cooper Firearms of Montana". Wholly owned by Wilson. Man those Coopers shoot!

http://www.wilsonarms.com/about_us.htm
http://cooperfirearms.com

Also there is a third "Wilson". LE Wilson makes tools and gauges.