PDA

View Full Version : Best online dealer to order a Glock?

samuse
02-05-15, 18:42
Where is the best place to order a Glock online?

I need a 19 and 26 with night sights. Dealers around here want $769 + tax. Not gonna do that.

hogarth
02-05-15, 19:16
Try Glockmeister.

OhioFinance
02-05-15, 19:25
Silly question, but if the local dealers are marking Glocks up $250 I dare think what they will charge for an inbound FFL transfer?

samuse
02-05-15, 20:13
My buddy charges $20.

Renegade
02-05-15, 20:24
Texas?

Just go to a gun show.

samuse
02-05-15, 20:27
Yeah I should hit one.

El Cid
02-05-15, 20:49
When i was having trouble finding a dark earth G21 Gen 4 I ended up going with Cabelas. The website will show you what they sell but you have to call each store and ask if they have them in stock. Second store I called had them and shipped it that day to my FFL. Most FFL's charge between $20 and $50.

Father of 3
02-05-15, 20:56
Are you by chance a police officer, EMT, or firefighter? If so, you could ask if any of your LGS participate in the Blue Label program and get them for $425 with nightsights and extra mag. If you have a buddy who is, maybe they could do it for you.

If not, I would check Budsgunshop.com or kygunco.com. Both do not charge tax or shipping. PalmettoStateArmory.com is good too but they do charge about $20 +/- for shipping. And I would ask your LGS what their FFL transfer fee is. $50 is max I would pay.

ChaseN
02-05-15, 21:39
If you have a buddy who is, maybe they could do it for you.

:eek:

Umm that sounds a whole lot like you're recommending a straw purchase...OP I wouldn't touch that with a 10 ft pole...

n517rv
02-05-15, 22:08
Where is the best place to order a Glock online?

I need a 19 and 26 with night sights. Dealers around here want $769 + tax. Not gonna do that.

Check into a GSSF membership if you're not Mil/LE. If you're a member you get a coupon for a significant discount. They can direct you to the nearest Glock dealer you would order from.

http://gssfonline.com

Father of 3
02-05-15, 22:26
straw purchase

Honestly this is the first time I have ever heard that term, which prompted a little research. This is for folks who are unable or unwilling to purchase one on their own (i.e. a former felon) and requires the use of false statements. Seems as if a "straw purchase" is legal if the firearm is purchased as a gift though. How would it be any different than buying a new gun and having to sell immediately for an unexpected financial issues? Not hijacking, but now very curious.

OP, you may want to skip that part of my recommendation and stick to the websites listed.

ChaseN
02-05-15, 22:35
Honestly this is the first time I have ever heard that term, which prompted a little research. This is for folks who are unable or unwilling to purchase one on their own (i.e. a former felon) and requires the use of false statements. Seems as if a "straw purchase" is legal if the firearm is purchased as a gift though. How would it be any different than buying a new gun and having to sell immediately for an unexpected financial issues? Not hijacking, but now very curious.

Buying a firearm as a legitimate gift is fine. Buying a gun for someone with their money, or with the intent to resell it, is a straw purchase, EVEN IF THE ULTIMATE RECIPIENT IS NOT A PROHIBITED PERSON.

http://www.npr.org/2014/06/16/322650543/supreme-court-rules-against-straw-gun-purchases

If you bought a gun and then sell it for financial reasons, that is OK. It's the intent to resell when you make the initial purchase that makes the difference. As you can see in the link above, your exact suggestion ended in a felony conviction, upheld by the US Supreme Court, for Mr. Abramski. Be careful out there.

dookie1481
02-05-15, 22:58

OP, you may want to skip that part of my recommendation and stick to the websites listed.

Intent is what matters.

Don't do it. Is it really worth saving a few dollars?

RWH24
02-05-15, 22:59
https://www.gtdist.com/SearchResults.aspx?SubCat=HAND&SubSub=CGLOCK&Category=GUNAM

How does GT's Civilian prices compare?

LEO?

https://www.gtdist.com/SearchResults.aspx?SubCat=HAND&SubSub=GLOCK&Category=GUNAM

They have a Shop in Austin too.

Turnkey11
02-05-15, 23:01
Just Glocks in Copperas Cove if he is still there.

sidewaysil80
02-05-15, 23:08

There is the obvious moral and integrity issue of having an LEO/.mil abuse his discount and blatantly violate the rules of Glock's blue label program. Not too mention if everyone shared your mentality it wouldn't be long before the manufacturers and companies offering these programs would stop them because of the blatant abuse. Just my .02.

Spurholder
02-08-15, 14:10
Glockmeister has pretty good pricing for non-blue label guns. Like this one that tempted me the other day:

http://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-17-Flat-Dark-Earth/productinfo/G17DE/

Double3
02-08-15, 14:35
Gunbroker.

Glock has MAP pricing but it doesn't get followed much there.

RedRallyeZ
02-10-15, 17:45
just bought a G19 gen 4 from grabagun last week on tuesday, and i picked it up from my ffl on Friday. i found that if you add something to your cart and leave it there without checking out, you will get emailed a coupon for free shipping within 48 hours. Ive purchased a few guns from them and have always been happy with the service all the way around.

BoxySatch
02-10-15, 20:34
Check Impact guns . Bought j frame at great price for a gift to my wife recently.

walker2713
02-11-15, 07:28
just bought a G19 gen 4 from grabagun last week on tuesday, and i picked it up from my ffl on Friday. i found that if you add something to your cart and leave it there without checking out, you will get emailed a coupon for free shipping within 48 hours. Ive purchased a few guns from them and have always been happy with the service all the way around.

^^^
This....I also had a great recent experience buying an H&K P2000 from them.....

Dustin Cantrell
02-11-15, 11:28

^^^
This....I also had a great recent experience buying an H&K P2000 from them.....

I've ordered a couple guns from them. I think one was with free shipping and the other with $5.99 shipping. Both shipped within 24 hours and were at the FFL the next business day. One I ordered early in the morning and picked it up from the FFL the next afternoon.

the 556 guy
02-11-15, 14:43
There is the obvious moral and integrity issue of having an LEO/.mil abuse his discount and blatantly violate the rules of Glock's blue label program. Not too mention if everyone shared your mentality it wouldn't be long before the manufacturers and companies offering these programs would stop them because of the blatant abuse. Just my .02.

The most recent case on this is ABRAMSKI v. UNITED STATES, 706 F. 3d 307 (2014). http://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/12-1493

A police officer received a check from his cousin (or someone like that) to purchase a glock with his LEO discount. He filled out the ATF Form 4473 and answered "YES" to the question, 11(a), essentially, "are you the actual transferor/buyer of the firearm listed on this application?" He was not a prohibited person, and the transfer was otherwise legal in all respects. The officer then transferred the pistol to his cousin (or whomever) who gave him the check to buy the pistol, and did so through an FFL as the transfer was between people in different states - the second transfer was otherwise legal in all respects.

The US Attorney's office prosecuted him for this straw purchase. The court held that this was, indeed, a straw purchase, Scalia dissented. The conviction was affirmed.

BTW, on the memo line of the check to the LEO was written, "Glock." This, I think, was the "smoking gun" of the case. Gifts, on the other hand, are ok, as per the same case. You seem to be able to buy a gun and give it to someone else, but cannot buy a gun to sell to someone else. Interesting.

samuse
02-11-15, 22:16
Well I ended up buying two Glocks for myself with my own money in my home state at Champion Firearms in College Station TX.

They had what I wanted (G19&26 Gen4), and were $500 each. Good shop with plenty of inventory and decent prices compared to South TX.

bowman57_2
02-19-15, 14:50
You seem to be able to buy a gun and give it to someone else, but cannot buy a gun to sell to someone else. Interesting.

So, because im only 19 and cant buy a handgun myself but do have my permit to carry, if my dad bought a gun to sell to me it would be illegal, but if he bought it just to give to me as a gift it would be perfectly legal? If so, then it would still be illeagal for me to give him the money to go buy the pistol, right?

ChaseN
02-19-15, 14:59
So, because im only 19 and cant buy a handgun myself but do have my permit to carry, if my dad bought a gun to sell to me it would be illegal, but if he bought it just to give to me as a gift it would be perfectly legal? If so, then it would still be illeagal for me to give him the money to go buy the pistol, right?

First off, I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not familiar with the laws in Indiana. However, in VA it would be legal for you to buy a pistol from a private party in state as long as you are 18. It would be illegal for your dad to buy the pistol and then sell it to you, or for him to buy it for you with money you gave him. It would be perfectly legal for him to buy it and then give it to you as a LEGITIMATE gift - this means no money flows from you to him in connection with the firearm. Extremely silly distinction, but you're talking about a potential felony charge if ever found out.

In that situation I would use my own money to purchase privately if legal in my state. Our butter up to ol' Dad for an early 20th birthday present :D